Site infection?

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Evening folks, the last cannula site was a painful, on taking it out over the last 24 hrs I’ve now got a red hard lumpy area around it which does feel warm, I’ve been putting savlon on it but it has got larger, I’ve done online gp request which suggests I shouldn’t wait and to call 111 now but I really am not that worried and am happy to wait til morning. Has anyone else had similar? Any advice?

Attachments

• 2B04500C-C4BC-426C-9A5B-0C40251CC877.jpeg
    2B04500C-C4BC-426C-9A5B-0C40251CC877.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 105

MinaRotter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Evening folks, the last cannula site was a painful, on taking it out over the last 24 hrs I’ve now got a red hard lumpy area around it which does feel warm, I’ve been putting savlon on it but it has got larger, I’ve done online gp request which suggests I shouldn’t wait and to call 111 now but I really am not that worried and am happy to wait til morning. Has anyone else had similar? Any advice?
Yes, I have. I had quite a few with fiasp that I think were an allergic type reaction rather than infection. I also had the odd one or two over the years that were localised infections. Yours is probably a localised infection unless you have changed you insulin recently. There's no harm in waiting 'til tomorrow as long as you feel well in yourself, don't have a fever and your insulin demand isn't escalating (all signs of a systemic infection). All of mine cleared up by themselves without the need for antibiotics and there's a fair chance yours will too but if it doesn't, speak to your GP about antibiotics.