Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hello there,

I’m doing okay but I’m going hypo after my bolus. So I’m currently stuffing my face. Could you guys believe it’s Christmas next week?
Helllooo

I know, it feels like it was only yesterday we were on the motorway from London - the day before lockdown - in a van - me driving- (never driven a van before) desperately trying to move house before we were told we couldn’t leave our local area and so ending up homeless as our contract was up on the flat!

Luckily we made it to the North just isn’t he nick of time and we live our new home!

I also keep going hypo because I am doing my massive Christmas clean where I just go over everything! I even did every nook and cranny in the garden can you believe it! So Ibe eaten so much toast today and sipped loads of orange juice to try and prevent the lows but it just doesn’t happen lol! Hope you are okay c

Reactions: oldgreymare
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I've had a funny 3 days. Tuesday I woke up and my sugars were 3.2 and yesterday morning they were 4.2 as my sugars are always high this really hit me, I was an absolute mess. It took me ages to feel even slightly ok. So last night when I went to bed I was scared/ worried that they will drop again and maybe go to low. So I woke up a 3 am for the loo and decided to check my levels and they were 19.4 and when I woke up at 5:30 am for work they were 29. I feel very drained and worn out. I've no idea why they dropped so low for 2 mornings and then have a very high 1 the next.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys i forgot to take basal this morning should of taken it at 6am,i have taken it at 6pm will i be ok to take as usual in the morning or should i take it in the evening x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen, I can't remember which basal you take but I'm on Lantus. When I was only taking one dose a day and I did what you have I took half the usual dose in the morning, watched my numbers carefully and topped up bolus if necessary, took half a dose the next evening and went back to normal after that. If you're on something that's one of the longer-action basals, I don't know. Good luck!

Reactions: karen8967

Dian Fourie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Help asab

I was on 17.0 mmol/L (306 mg/dl) then dropped very fast to 8.0 mmol/L (145 mg/dl) then 5 minutes later I was on 4.0 mmol/L (72 mg/dl) and lower for 3 hours.
I’m currently on 8.3 mmol/L (150 mg/dl), but I still feel very low.
What should I do???

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Dian Fourie

It's already been 3 hours, so you have probably sorted it out. Sometimes when you have a low you are not used to, you can feel bad still for hours afterwards. 4.0 mmol (72mg) isn't that bad really, but if you're not used to it, you can still feel pretty bad. Being at 8.3 mmol (150) isn't considered too low and you are probably still feeling bad from earlier.

Reactions: Choosehappy

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1607498065192.jpg

Reactions: Choosehappy

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so bad but I couldn’t help myself and tonight I treat myself to a baileys pudding... my excuse is it’s nearly Christmas....
Did you inject for it? It isn't bad to use injected insulin instead of the insulin others produce themselves! (although it can be very hard to get the dosing right)
Baileys pudding sounds delicious by the way!

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Did you inject for it? It isn't bad to use injected insulin instead of the insulin others produce themselves! (although it can be very hard to get the dosing right)
Baileys pudding sounds delicious by the way!
I did yes! It was 36carbs (mostly sugar) so I did 1 unit for every ten carbs and I have altogether at the beginning of eating it, I’ll find out later how that went... but I don’t plan on making a habit of it so I’ll let myself off if I’ve not got it quite right! It was a wonderful one off treat!

Reactions: Japes

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Can’t believe it , I got it right! Just check 2 hours later and we are good! 7mmol, was 6.1 when ate the pudding :)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so bad
So please go back on this part of your post. You weren't bad, and to top that off, it didn't even give you high blood sugars!

Now don't go eat baileys pudding every day, I suppose that would be bad regardless of diabetes, but it wouldn't hurt you to realise carbs and sugars arent bad but just something to deal with any way you choose! Even if it would have given you a one off high.

Reactions: becca59

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ju
I did yes! It was 36carbs (mostly sugar) so I did 1 unit for every ten carbs and I have altogether at the beginning of eating it, I’ll find out later how that went... but I don’t plan on making a habit of it so I’ll let myself off if I’ve not got it quite right! It was a wonderful one off treat!

Just look on it as an essential part of the scientific experimenting needed in our everyday lives. :happy: After all, if we don't experiment, how can we know?

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

After a week of dodging between on-line classrooms and trying to finalise the two on-line pre-recorded Christmas services (one Carol Service, one Christmas Eve one primarily aimed at the children but much loved by a number of our elderly congregation - our best-attended service of the year, but which would bust the numbers we can currently have in the building, so we decided ages ago it would be on-line, as almost everyone who normally attends accesses the internet) which I've been creating for my church, I'm stepping away from the computer once I've finished here. And then going for a walk just because I now can!!!!

I'm also figuring out how to put those two services, along with a selection of other carols I've recorded for putting on our social media, onto a DVD for the non-internet using elderly of our congregation who are feeling deprived of both music and their two favourite services of the year. I don't think they've registered whilst I have involved children and young people I know in the services, they will only hear their voices and see their drawings/hear their rewrite of the Christmas Story, so the CD I'm planning if all else fails will be just as good.

Back to pre-isolating basal levels. Hooray!

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, the rain is hammering down here, Autumn cat is playing with a small bauble she pinched off the tree, just having a second cuppa, before I try to get motivated o_O
Have a pleasant weekend and a safe one too, take care.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Good morning all, it’s weekend so I’m happy, I love spending time with my family and doing whatever I want!! Hehe

Today it’s gaming, playing with the dogs, spending time with my partner, watching cheesey comedies on TV, drinking coffee (my poor teeth). I wouldn’t have it any other way!