What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The nature of reality is a very interesting question A.A. I listened all the way through but only got the slightest gist of what it was about.
For a lot of my life I was affected by lucid dreams where I knew I was dreaming and could guide what I dreamt. That gives one a different perception of reality so I have a receptive mind to unusual concepts.
regards
Derek

Neuroscience is a complex subject matter, I took part in the Bristol University research based upon the subject of the video, my part was less math and more psychology but it was a fascinating time.

I included this video on the thread purely because it includes a mathematical conclusion on the consciousness aspect that proves the existence of god. It was my hope that the religious amongst the thread would identify the moment, but alas no.

Prof Hoffman is a delightful character and, having been closely associated with his work I know he is a religious man. He was humble enough in conversation to indicate that even if the math was proven he still couldn't guarantee which god it was that held the top-tier position :)

I won't spoil the fun by telling you in which part of the video this is as it is played out with exquisite subtlety.

Lucid dreaming, whilst not related to his work does belong in how his math affects the ego-tier filters of consciousness. In itself a fascinating subject, there was a raft of work done on using magnetic fields to influence/generate lucidity in the dreamstate.

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from quite a smart, bright morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of butchers best bangers and celeriac mash with a thick onion gravy (should have paid more attention in school) came in at 5.2 this am - I blame the sautéed cabbage. So nice though of our local butcher to do bangers containing only meat and a few herbs - he calls them glutton free - I call them carb free.

@gennepher - hugs for the Wales impositions and midnight posty - smashing striding edge rendition from you - great use of light - wear correct footwear and don’t slip.

@jjraak - tier 3 back at ye and congrats on for being on the job. Thanks for the heads up on magnesium.

@lindisfel - I love Lidl. We used to call it “shopping surprise” in the 80’s - not quite knowing what you had bought until you got it home and opened it.

@RFSMarch - walking the tightrope of depressed friend - very tricky - no net and no amount of pirouetting will get you applause. Just listening - difficult for you - best for her. Don’t take the angry outpourings personally - shields up and think about how crunchy those puff pastry mince pies are. You already know that you can’t fix her and not to offer advice. Pretty sure that as she yo-yo’s up from the depths, she values you being there. Take care of yourself - your own energy is important. Congrats on being asked to cover the tournament.

Painting today - a few waterbirds from the park, joining up some of the splodges on my backing paper where I wipe and dry my brushes. Hope everyone has as good a Thursday as you can - if not, pretend it’s a better one. Koffy on - again.

View attachment 46312

Thinking about the Painting
Must take a vivid imagination to create the drawings from just a few odd splodges from a previous Painting ...

Very effective .however you do it.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Neuroscience is a complex subject matter, I took part in the Bristol University research based upon the subject of the video, my part was less math and more psychology but it was a fascinating time.

I included this video on the thread purely because it includes a mathematical conclusion on the consciousness aspect that proves the existence of god. It was my hope that the religious amongst the thread would identify the moment, but alas no.

Prof Hoffman is a delightful character and, having been closely associated with his work I know he is a religious man. He was humble enough in conversation to indicate that even if the math was proven he still couldn't guarantee which god it was that held the top-tier position :)

I won't spoil the fun by telling you in which part of the video this is as it is played out with exquisite subtlety.

Lucid dreaming, whilst not related to his work does belong in how his math affects the ego-tier filters of consciousness. In itself a fascinating subject, there was a raft of work done on using magnetic fields to influence/generate lucidity in the dreamstate.

The whole video was like a dance of words and expressions between the two men. It was riveting to watch their interaction with each other @Alien Aspie

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7
My internet is playing up. My device tells me there is excellent reception, yet almost nothing happening. No pages loading, or it's too slow. For some reason this often happens on a Friday....
Anyway quick sketch today. Playing with the watercolour brush in Procreate. It's weird, like playing with a piece of elastic.
Take care.
D69BC633-2F91-4DDF-8C13-CC06EE797EBC.jpeg

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning and quite a warm start to the day.

Facetiming with my niece later as they go play in the snow. I checked their forecast this morning and I don't think they had as much snow as she claimed, a bit of teenage reinterpretation maybe. She has already said she wants to make a snow Tardis rather than a snowman, a Whovian to the core :)

The whole video was like a dance of words and expressions between the two men. It was riveting to watch their interaction with each other @Alien Aspie

Wonderful isn't it? They both love their subjects at a cellular level and you feel it in their words. It is very easy to paraphrase someone else whereas to dedicate one's life to examine the mysteries of life is true devotion. I am such a fanboy :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest @Muddy Cyclist I thought it was Striding Edge, but I have posted the postcard to my postcrossing friend today, that I used for inspiration. I never wrote down the written details on the other side of the postcard.

So, you may be right. If I still had the postcard I could check. But I cannot. It was a very old postcard, about 50 years old or more.

What does anyone else think?

I do that too. I often look at initial things/paintings/photos on my tiny phone screen, then later in the day, at leisure, I look on my larger iPad screen, and things look a lot different.

It doesn't sound good that those horses may not receive the services of your farrier son due to Covid rules and interpretations of them.
After the query by @Muddy Cyclist I had another look - Striding Edge does go up to Helvellyn and if it curves in any direction towards the top it swings slightly right. Crib Goch joins the Llanberis path and swings left - so probably Crib Goch

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure if this is a spoof text from Suffolk Police:

Gentlemen, please ensure you are indoors and all curtains and blackout blinds are fully closed when roasting your chestnuts on an open fire.

I fear for your neighbours @alf_Josiah if you haven't put the proper measures in place in a more genteel area such as Tilehurst. Our Friends in The North probably do such things in the town square - men as well.
You always make me laugh :)

lindisfel

Expert

Yes I did notice where the video touched on what I would call other intelligent entities that some would refer to as gods or even God.
Of course it does not matter to the believer what any man thinks, because I do not believe we are capable of comprehending the Creator God that Christians and others believe in.
Something in my psyche, my inner being, convinces me that God exists and I believe, have faith, but I also enjoy discussing these concepts you highlight.
Thank you A.A.
Atb
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking about the Painting
Must take a vivid imagination to create the drawings from just a few odd splodges from a previous Painting ...

Very effective .however you do it.
Thanks @jjraak. Sometimes it just works but you ought to see all the rejects - most times the splodges don’t align and you have to wait for Jupiter and Saturn to get their act together.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been in the 8's mainly with my fbg but its hardly surprising with the high carb diet that I am eating .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7
My internet is playing up. My device tells me there is excellent reception, yet almost nothing happening. No pages loading, or it's too slow. For some reason this often happens on a Friday....
Anyway quick sketch today. Playing with the watercolour brush in Procreate. It's weird, like playing with a piece of elastic.
Take care.
View attachment 46329
Nice elastic watercolour - vivid colours

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning team.
Longish post..soz

No fbg again...
poor nights sleep & too many drugs so little point

This .....in most ZA movies is where I selflessly part company

The reality would be I know I'll slow you all down...& Get you all eaten.

So just leave me here, propped against that tree, over there, with some water, etc

And think of the good times ....X

But this ain't no stinking ZA movie ( Yet ) :D

I got ...
Great news :happy:

Good news :rolleyes:

Bad news.:banghead:

Great news
was had a fantastic day with Frankie....pics to follow.
Or as missus Said, her furry Prozac.

Good news is,
When putting shopping into boot of car later on, in the dark & gloom of no street lights, the pothole covered in water I stepped into, ONLY twisted my ankle..

The bad news
was, as I fell onto my other leg, in pain
It struck the other edge of the pothole, and crumpled up under me,.

Dumping me unceremoniously into doing the dead ants in the rain soaked road..ho ho ho.

A short respite, I get carefully to my feet,
I Knew it was bad
hobble to car, and drive us home.

Yes, I should have called ambulance, but
I did not want Lauren left by side of road making her own way home.

So drove home like a nun..

admittedly one with tourettes every time i applied any pressure to right leg.

Get home, intended to just get in and strap leg up and ice pack it...and see how it goes, as ya do.

Lauren takes one look at me , says NO.
Calls for an Uber and packs me off to A&E.

Result ?
great care, not busy non covid side,
( But docs said covid side mad busy ..GULP )
Only there a few hours, had braced for a much longer wait .

So...
One badly sprained ankle (L)
On broken ankle (R)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
& 2020 started with such high hopes in January for us ...:arghh:

So boot fitted, crutches issued & work informed.

Get home on the crutches, and appreciate the Lee Evans scene in "something about Mary" with just a little more empathy

Laid up,. Popping pain killers every 4 hours lauren hovering over me like nurse Rachett. xx.

Feeling utterly stupid and sorry for myself
Moment will pass, for sure

As they used to say in "Hill st Blues"

Be careful out there :watching:

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of course it does not matter to the believer what any man thinks, because I do not believe we are capable of comprehending the Creator God that Christians and others believe in.

Spoken like a true Daoist

"The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth. The named is the mother of ten thousand things." ~ Lao Tzu

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today.

Mrs MC mentioned a present run today, all in Tier 3 even if different areas, all stuff for kids. Kath's seems to have so many cousins who's children have youngsters, Kath being an only child treats them as nephew and nieces and so presents are exchanged. Can't go indoors so just a delivery service this year, the upside/downside will be no Mince Pies to tempt me. :)

Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wee damp start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken baked in a creamy pepper sauce with various green things came in at 5.2 this am

Flow tests in schools - job opportunities in a changing environment - somebody is going to make a packet setting it up. I used the words “setting it up” for clown effect but will live in hope for a good outcome. Garfied Sobers and Capt Tom look as though they are cooking something up - extremely slow cricket?

Painting today. A snazzy walk in the Lakes is up Great Gable from Sheathwaite farm in Borrowdale. On the way is Sourmilk Gill waterfall - I have extended it a bit at the bottom and the right hand side of the painting was removed by the National Park authorities for not fitting in. Hope everyone has a good Friday, koffy is ready.
upload_2020-12-18_8-21-2.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning team.
Longish post..soz

No fbg again...
poor nights sleep & too many drugs so little point

This .....in most ZA movies is where I selflessly part company

The reality would be I know I'll slow you all down...& Get you all eaten.

So just leave me here, propped against that tree, over there, with some water, etc

And think of the good times ....X

But this ain't no stinking ZA movie ( Yet ) :D

I got ...
Great news :happy:

Good news :rolleyes:

Bad news.:banghead:

Great news
was had a fantastic day with Frankie....pics to follow.
Or as missus Said, her furry Prozac.

Good news is,
When putting shopping into boot of car later on, in the dark & gloom of no street lights, the pothole covered in water I stepped into, ONLY twisted my ankle..

The bad news
was, as I fell onto my other leg, in pain
It struck the other edge of the pothole, and crumpled up under me,.

Dumping me unceremoniously into doing the dead ants in the rain soaked road..ho ho ho.

A short respite, I get carefully to my feet,
I Knew it was bad
hobble to car, and drive us home.

Yes, I should have called ambulance, but
I did not want Lauren left by side of road making her own way home.

So drove home like a nun..

admittedly one with tourettes every time i applied any pressure to right leg.

Get home, intended to just get in and strap leg up and ice pack it...and see how it goes, as ya do.

Lauren takes one look at me , says NO.
Calls for an Uber and packs me off to A&E.

Result ?
great care, not busy non covid side,
( But docs said covid side mad busy ..GULP )
Only there a few hours, had braced for a much longer wait .

So...
One badly sprained ankle (L)
On broken ankle (R)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
& 2020 started with such high hopes in January for us ...:arghh:

So boot fitted, crutches issued & work informed.

Get home on the crutches, and appreciate the Lee Evans scene in "something about Mary" with just a little more empathy

Laid up,. Popping pain killers every 4 hours lauren hovering over me like nurse Rachett. xx.

Feeling utterly stupid and sorry for myself
Moment will pass, for sure

As they used to say in "Hill st Blues"

Be careful out there :watching:
Ouch, that's awful. What a hero though, Lauren saved from the dark, pothole, wet streets.

Take care, I hope the pain subsides soon.