What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wee damp start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken baked in a creamy pepper sauce with various green things came in at 5.2 this am

Flow tests in schools - job opportunities in a changing environment - somebody is going to make a packet setting it up. I used the words “setting it up” for clown effect but will live in hope for a good outcome. Garfied Sobers and Capt Tom look as though they are cooking something up - extremely slow cricket?

Painting today. A snazzy walk in the Lakes is up Great Gable from Sheathwaite farm in Borrowdale. On the way is Sourmilk Gill waterfall - I have extended it a bit at the bottom and the right hand side of the painting was removed by the National Park authorities for not fitting in. Hope everyone has a good Friday, koffy is ready.
View attachment 46332
Dramatic, I do like the colour added, a shame the National Park authorities had to get involved. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning team.
Longish post..soz

No fbg again...
poor nights sleep & too many drugs so little point

This .....in most ZA movies is where I selflessly part company

The reality would be I know I'll slow you all down...& Get you all eaten.

So just leave me here, propped against that tree, over there, with some water, etc

And think of the good times ....X

But this ain't no stinking ZA movie ( Yet ) :D

I got ...
Great news :happy:

Good news :rolleyes:

Bad news.:banghead:

Great news
was had a fantastic day with Frankie....pics to follow.
Or as missus Said, her furry Prozac.

Good news is,
When putting shopping into boot of car later on, in the dark & gloom of no street lights, the pothole covered in water I stepped into, ONLY twisted my ankle..

The bad news
was, as I fell onto my other leg, in pain
It struck the other edge of the pothole, and crumpled up under me,.

Dumping me unceremoniously into doing the dead ants in the rain soaked road..ho ho ho.

A short respite, I get carefully to my feet,
I Knew it was bad
hobble to car, and drive us home.

Yes, I should have called ambulance, but
I did not want Lauren left by side of road making her own way home.

So drove home like a nun..

admittedly one with tourettes every time i applied any pressure to right leg.

Get home, intended to just get in and strap leg up and ice pack it...and see how it goes, as ya do.

Lauren takes one look at me , says NO.
Calls for an Uber and packs me off to A&E.

Result ?
great care, not busy non covid side,
( But docs said covid side mad busy ..GULP )
Only there a few hours, had braced for a much longer wait .

So...
One badly sprained ankle (L)
On broken ankle (R)

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
& 2020 started with such high hopes in January for us ...:arghh:

So boot fitted, crutches issued & work informed.

Get home on the crutches, and appreciate the Lee Evans scene in "something about Mary" with just a little more empathy

Laid up,. Popping pain killers every 4 hours lauren hovering over me like nurse Rachett. xx.

Feeling utterly stupid and sorry for myself
Moment will pass, for sure

As they used to say in "Hill st Blues"

Be careful out there :watching:

Oh my goodness @jjraak
You are in the wars...
All the gentle hugs possible for you.
t4621.gif

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention for @jjraak, me and me's hope your recovery is swift and painless.

A 6.2 on that meter this morning.

An interesting little discussion this morning between @Alien Aspie and @lindisfel you guys should try living in the realities me and me's populate, you don't need maths, just some sort of handle, but me and me's enjoyed reading your posts, keep up the good work.
@dunelm wot no helicopter, submarine or giant sprout?

Stay well, stay safe and avoid French politicians.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on the circle line toady. @jjraak take care. A hug or prayer seems inadequate for that mess but totally lacking in basic humanity to refrain from. With your mindset and the inestimable Lauren for care you couldn't be in better hands. @Alien Aspie that Lao Tzu is remarkably like a standard Christian worldview IMHO - your youth showing through? (Out of the universe of quotes available you used that one:angelic:) Swipey insisted I was 5.3 @6.03. Waking around + 2 hrs - fbg around +1 but about where it was yesterday at the same time. Bg now on some kind of gap year to find itself - off to Marakesh it said in a tweet. The longer I do this (LC, test, analyse) the more absurd it all seems. Julie is in for an "interesting" day. Play nice, share your toys - in a socially distanced, COVID appropriate way today then unleash hell with all and sundry for 5 days. Back to the unfathomable mind guys. Well beyond my pay grade - time for (much) more Assam & @karen8967 's Friday Meme. Salmon and avo salad later - little things mean a lot. Are we at Hammersmith or Edgeware Road ?:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After the query by @Muddy Cyclist I had another look - Striding Edge does go up to Helvellyn and if it curves in any direction towards the top it swings slightly right. Crib Goch joins the Llanberis path and swings left - so probably Crib Goch
Like I said @dunelm to @Muddy Cyclist I have sent my source material, the postcard, off to its recipient now. So I have no way of checking the info on the back. But I will have to make a written note next time!!!!!!!

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another swipey-free day. I frusratingly keep gaining and losing the same 1.5lb which is making this goal of getting to 10st or under by the end of the year... challenging to say the least!

I am sure the stress of heading into town imminently will help. I need to get just a few things and then hopefully I do not need to go anywhere NEAR town until the New Year!

Wish me luck. Oh and sharp elbows.

Oh - and if anyone wishes to help out my sports website to keep going by clicking on our latest content which (partnering with a curation site) helps us earn a few sheckles from time to time, I would be super grateful. I am not sure how best to share the link so maybe better to say DM me and I will see if I can share a link that way and then it is just two clicks on the top articles of the day that earns us tokens of crytocurrency that eventually converts into cash.

I was approached by the company through a contact of a guy that works the Stuttgart tournament (one of my favourites) and overt the summer he shared our articles around until I got our developer to add the stuff to the site, and in that time it earned about $60 (£45) which is enough to cover the costs of contributors in a month. So it could be what saves us. And at this stage I have absolutely NOTHING to lose!

Ta in advance!

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some good news regarding some work. Hang in there with friend, avoid conflict, look after your own sanity.
Yep and the news that furlough will extend to April at the 80% rate does help. I should be able to extend that rationed out dosh for quite a while after which eases some of the worry of how to keep all these balls in the air (sporting analogy... geddit?) while I try and find a new job in the New Year.

I had a lovely long call with a former colleague from my IT days who escapoed a coercive abuse relationship and wanted to reach out for someone to help her ghost-write about her experiences. And above all else it was amazing to reconnect after all those years. Her ex was actually my professional mentor for a while - that was how we got to know each other.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a lovely long call with a former colleague from my IT days who escapoed a coercive abuse relationship and wanted to reach out for someone to help her ghost-write about her experiences.
Good to hear from you and sense a chink of light appearing (now we see darkly). I have thought for a while that there is definitely at least an article/opinion piece in your situation for one of the "quality" papers. Far more thought provoking thn the turgid anti woke or anti fruitcake agenda on offer. Very orfentic, which, in my brief glimpses of your part of the world seems to be de rigueur. Do they all knit their own Kombacha in you postcode? :angelic:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that Lao Tzu is remarkably like a standard Christian worldview IMHO - your youth showing through? (Out of the universe of quotes available you used that one

Thank you, it is the opening verse of the Dao De Jing which is the philosophical thoughts of Lao Tzu (600-400BC).

It is probably one of the most recognised verses as it can be adapted to many situations. It forms the genesis of the Five Element universe and the nature of all things.

I was privileged to be allowed to teach the principles of the Way (Dao) at the Quaker centre in Buxton many years ago. Their openness to a new approach in considering creation myths was fantastic.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But I will have to make a written note next time!!!!!!
No matter, it was still a fine creation regardless of which mountain path it was, artistic license at its best like many great Victorian Lanscape Painters. Not that you are that old, obviously. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I frusratingly keep gaining and losing the same 1.5lb which is making this goal of getting to 10st or under by the end of the year... challenging to say the least!
Tell me about it, mine can be 5 lbs on a daily basis. I move the scales around the bathroom floor in hope of lighter numbers when this happens. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this the future or does our local council know something I don't? A lot of people I meet are excited about the vaccine program roll out and life getting back to normal. I represent Mountain Bikers on Cannock Chase AONB, land and visitors management meeting with the council, forestry commission, wildlife trust, planners, natural England and so on.... I have had the meeting schedule for next year right through to Jan 2022, all on line through Microsoft Teams. Vaccine is obviously a great positive but old normal I fear may have gone. :(

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't reveal private conversations but there are spouses who urgently need the assistance of such training for exactly the same issues. Are you willing to travel? I think we all know who we are talking about. No names, no pack drill
I think I will pass on that one - although it does sound as though it might be quite fun to do.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Aldi shopping done. Dog walking done. Should be sorting out the bank reconciliation for November but am feeling a bit lazy. I.might just sit with a coffee and read for a while.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does this forum operate like the first railways with all local times? A page or two of posts suddenly "arrived" just now. @karen8967 apologies, the weather forecast meme was on point. @Alien Aspie nil desperandum over the video - Derek answered. For me any mention of Mathematics and the shutters drop fast - I will try to fight that at some stage. For the two hugs for my post re O Sapientia last night, Carcasonne wine was very good, cheap as chips - Aldi - and will be repeated. I do/will use Aldi and Lidl just very selective on locations. On Wednesday we were in the Old Country and the Aldi there was more spacious and clientele were more "our type of people" i.e. COVID aware. Not snobby, just fussy over what risks I take. Brandon and Thetford (A and L) worry me pooless so not worth the risk.

Last edited: