What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey...I fall asleep while watching my brain design more paintings than I can ever hope to achieve in a lifetime, and then this thread gallops along...and that interesting art by @Alien Aspie

In my dreamworld I see more dark and evil (nightmares you could call them, but sometimes I do wonder if they are not an alternate reality) than good and light, or is it don't I remember the good and light in my nighttime escapades?

There are no beautiful dreams at night, just a collection of apparently evil forces (which are new and inventive like a virtual reality game where the odds are stacked against me, and I do die again and again and again), with a battle for my survival.

I don't have the knowledge (education since I was stupid with being deaf according to all in my childhood) or knowledge of words to enter these discussions (a little bit heated?) above because I am not able to hear to be able to follow a real life discussion. Consequently I have never been able to take part, in real life.

But I do have what I can only describe as an abstract concept of what is going on, as in seeing colours, morpheus shapes evolving, emotions...but these are clumsy, woefully inadequate words which cannot even begin to describe a magical different kind of stuff I see around people. It is also like I am an outside observer, watching in.

I hope you all had a good night's sleep and dreaming. The path into dreamworld is inviting me again with a dirt sandy path into distant low hills. I have no idea where this one is leading to for the rest of the night...

That is not a desirable place to be in, have you tried imagery rehearsal therapy?

If you're interested here's a link to get you started https://www.psychologytools.com/professional/techniques/imagery/ there are specific nightmare exposure guides here https://www.psychologytools.com/resource/nightmare-exposure-and-rescripting/ although where audio files are available they will obviously be of no use. Worth giving it a go though, one of my PTSD clients benefitted from it.

I can always find more cognitive reprogramming skills if you need them.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(a little bit heated?)

That is down to me ;)

I can't expect people in a neurotypical environment to comply with my autistic needs in conversations. It's not an issue on autistic forums as we generally are 'wired' in a similar fashion.

Certain concepts, even written, can pass me by mentally or be interpreted incorrectly because they fail a logic test. Similarly, I can see something as simply requiring a logical response when in fact my response is then seen as terse.

I have issues with the concept of 'faith', it is scientifically illogical as it comes down to personal choice based on nothing more than which way the wind is blowing. That in itself doesn't make faith wrong, but my circuitry cannot understand the lack of reasoning that perpetuates it. That doesn't just mean religious faith but other stuff too. Anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and a lot of conspiracy stuff will fall back on 'faith' and it becomes an untenable weak argument that has no resolution.

Also, things like metaphor, allegory, or non-linear thought can really throw me off. It's why I don't respond a lot to general conversations here, they are often built around normal socio-empathic responses that make no sense to me.

The way the general public can treat your deafness at times seems to generate a similar sense of frustration or disconnect so I guess you will understand my type of frustration.

I should probably avoid those type of circular talks and stick to my original plan of just observing :)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
Lots of New Year resolutions (same as the Old Year resolutions, but maybe adding some kindness to others and "carpe diem")
A couple of resolutions to reduce from an FBG today of 8.2 mmo//lt at 0630 hrs.
Pep's boys had better get their resolutions in order at 1500hrs. Need to win bigly.
Have a good weekend.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well spill the beans. Nights are getting shorter so we need things to read. Must be others who would like to look at such a site.
I don't want to anger the gods by linking my site here! But like I said anyone who fancies reading a more niche approach to sports coverage - please do Dm me and it will help us to survive as it is already quite challenging competing with the big boys (especially having worked for a couple of those sites along the way - funny how their site programming has made its way to our Trello boards!)

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If ya do, (and it's been proven in many 'studies')

put your scales under a window.

every one knows things are 'lighter' there.....;)
GROAAAAAAAAAAAAN (which ironically is the sound my scales make when I stand up on them)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is not a desirable place to be in, have you tried imagery rehearsal therapy?

If you're interested here's a link to get you started https://www.psychologytools.com/professional/techniques/imagery/ there are specific nightmare exposure guides here https://www.psychologytools.com/resource/nightmare-exposure-and-rescripting/ although where audio files are available they will obviously be of no use. Worth giving it a go though, one of my PTSD clients benefitted from it.

I can always find more cognitive reprogramming skills if you need them.

I know nothing about imagery rehearsal therapy @Alien Aspie
Got both those links on my Home Screen now.

I have learnt myself to pull out of these nightmares, but I cannot always do it if it has gripped me tightly.

Had a quick glance at the links. I am very interested. There is a lot more trauma from my childhood which I have not mentioned here.

I have a couple of internet friends who may transcribe a couple of the audio files. I don't like asking them too much, so I save it for important stuff.

Thank you very much.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey free so no reading.
Well - it has been a while since I have been up early and working after 'Demo Knock-back-gate' so maybe the mojo is returning, or at least slithering around on the carpet somewhere.

Two articles to get up and then have to wait for the curation site to get them up so I can use that link to push on social media. At the moment that is the ONLY sticking point with this new collaboration. I can't help them (and thus us with tokens for clicks) until they do which is... annoying but hopefully at some stage they will give me immediate publish access and then we should be rolling.

In just a few days we have seen tokens earned go from 600 to 1500 which eventually converts to real cash (to give you an idea the 6000+ that had been earned just by the business guy wanting to co-opt me in as a featured publisher amounted to $60 which more than pays for the contributors or would pay for the annual site subscription. So it really does make all the difference for a small site like us, so I really hope they can come through with this admin right asap because the season start is just around the corner... EEK! This means I really have no option but to snap out of the ups and downs of wondering if I will be gainfully employed and really go hell bent for leather making the site more than wash its face....

Anyway - Need to quickly bang out an article on the Australian Open dates and then prompt the admin guys to get it added and then ... a couple more articles and general pottering around in the office, so poor cave dweller will be listening to Band of Brothers playing on my DVD player in the office as background noise. I might be nice and go down and start up the office tech at 9am...

Have a good day all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is down to me ;)

I can't expect people in a neurotypical environment to comply with my autistic needs in conversations. It's not an issue on autistic forums as we generally are 'wired' in a similar fashion.

Certain concepts, even written, can pass me by mentally or be interpreted incorrectly because they fail a logic test. Similarly, I can see something as simply requiring a logical response when in fact my response is then seen as terse.

I have issues with the concept of 'faith', it is scientifically illogical as it comes down to personal choice based on nothing more than which way the wind is blowing. That in itself doesn't make faith wrong, but my circuitry cannot understand the lack of reasoning that perpetuates it. That doesn't just mean religious faith but other stuff too. Anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and a lot of conspiracy stuff will fall back on 'faith' and it becomes an untenable weak argument that has no resolution.

Also, things like metaphor, allegory, or non-linear thought can really throw me off. It's why I don't respond a lot to general conversations here, they are often built around normal socio-empathic responses that make no sense to me.

The way the general public can treat your deafness at times seems to generate a similar sense of frustration or disconnect so I guess you will understand my type of frustration.

I should probably avoid those type of circular talks and stick to my original plan of just observing :)

I enjoy reading your responses and 'discussions', because I can resonate with a lot of it. I may not fully understand it, but I can 'see' a place where it is coming from.

"Also, things like metaphor, allegory, or non-linear thought can really throw me off. It's why I don't respond a lot to general conversations here, they are often built around normal socio-empathic responses that make no sense to me." Metaphor and Allegory throws me. It may be my deafness that I have not heard that stuff, or that because I lipread I take words literally. People have explained, and I have researched it but still don't get it.

"The way the general public can treat your deafness at times seems to generate a similar sense of frustration or disconnect so I guess you will understand my type of frustration."
Yes it does. Both the frustration and disconnect, as well as your type of frustration.

"I should probably avoid those type of circular talks and stick to my original plan of just observing :)"
Actually, I am glad you don't just observe (and leap in), because I get to learn and understand more. And I am sure others do too. Observing can be good a lot of the time, and I can put the cat among the pigeons when I leap in on some things...

lindisfel

Expert
Don't worry A.A. I am cool and accept you as you are, as you accept me.
We have no personal issues but just are looking through different windows and explaining what we see.
regards
Derek

That is down to me ;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.1 for me today.

No idea where the day is taking me, I will drift along rather than take control.

Let time be your friend, keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pleasantly quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a smashing crab salad came in at 4.8 this am

Market yesterday - Mrs Miggins came home with a bunch of crabs so I set too and made a crab salad - smashing and enough left over for breakfast today - I break my fast at noon and a bunch of crabs is three of course unless you live da’an sa’af and then goodness knows. But here, where barter still reigns - three.

@Alien Aspie - good piece of art - I immediately though “Good Omens” by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Strictly come dancing final tonight - I shall be in another room and expect that Mrs Miggins will tell me of Bill Bailey’s victory in the fullness of time - Great Expectations.

Painting - a quick sketch of a miserable day on Ullswater, memories of attending Outward Bound in 1969 - a month of fun and frolics, whatever the weather. I have been informed that it’s Saturday somewhere so if that’s you, enjoy your Saturday. Koffy time here.
upload_2020-12-19_7-51-29.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Saturday again...where has another week gone?

It looks like we shall have the temperature dropping during the coming week, but no snow only frost for Christmas.
More like it should be, anyway.

Bad news that there is a worse mutant Covid abroad that affects the young.
It was on the W.S. in the night and I was dozing at the time so didn't file all the details but it disturbed me somewhat. Not to be confused with the new variant in the south of England.

We will have to get down to the Solway to get amongst the shorebirds ducks and geese which makes me feel in contact with what brings contentment and peace in a world of concern.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Derek

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on this wet and windy morning. Dog walking is delayed until it stops raining. Again I am feeling lazy. Hopefully I will start on the bank reconciliation for November sometime today , or at least do lesson planning.

Woke up last night mulling over a puzzle. Since I was a teenager in the 1960s I have suffered from very severe leg cramps - which are only relieved with salt. Suddenly no leg cramps at all over the last couple of months and have not had to add extra salt.

The only thing l have changed is that I have added apple cider vinegar and psyllium husks to help with my digestion. So Googled it and found an explanation by Dr Eric Berg on why apple cider vinegar is so good for leg cramps. I was going to ditch the apple cider vinegar because it is so horrible - but will definitely continue with it. If only it wasn't so horrible.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Felicitations diabetes massive. Sub-optimal (IMHO) 5.0 on Swipey and scales obviously need to see the world more. Neither are a problem or potential danger just not bringing their A game. @Krystyna23040 ACV is one of the (few) bright spots of LC for me but I'm glad it helps your cramp. @Alien Aspie whether you observe, debate or comment you widen both our understanding of what makes you tick and in my case humble me - I needs be aware of others more. Thanks. @lindisfel I hope you manage to get to Solway (there used to be a magical cricket ground in Cambridge called that) and the wildlife weaves its spell. @gennepher hugs for your issues. @Muddy Cyclist fbg seems to have settled down lately,

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a pleasantly quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a smashing crab salad came in at 4.8 this am

Market yesterday - Mrs Miggins came home with a bunch of crabs so I set too and made a crab salad - smashing and enough left over for breakfast today - I break my fast at noon and a bunch of crabs is three of course unless you live da’an sa’af and then goodness knows. But here, where barter still reigns - three.

@Alien Aspie - good piece of art - I immediately though “Good Omens” by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Strictly come dancing final tonight - I shall be in another room and expect that Mrs Miggins will tell me of Bill Bailey’s victory in the fullness of time - Great Expectations.

Painting - a quick sketch of a miserable day on Ullswater, memories of attending Outward Bound in 1969 - a month of fun and frolics, whatever the weather. I have been informed that it’s Saturday somewhere so if that’s you, enjoy your Saturday. Koffy time here.
View attachment 46349
I can feel the rain. :) sounds like a good memory.

I'm with you on the come dancing, along with a list of many other celebrity programs.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

My painting for today with this so called watercolour brush tool in Procreate. It is still like painting with plastic. The trees are meant to be elms. But not very good ones...
Last time I saw an elm was 20 odd years ago, and it was marked for destruction on its trunk...sad..I was driving from Milnthorpe to home at that time.
This composition is not very balanced either, but that is all the time I am spending on this one.
This day is meant to be fine and sunny according to BBC weather app. I cut down an old twisted Buddliea bush/tree yesterday in the pouring rain. That was the easy part, it was totally ready to fall down. It was too big and twisted and heavy and unbalanced to be safe in the high winds we have near the sea. Today is dismantling its branches...also maybe starting a few new Buddliea bushes ...
Enjoy the day.
I see blue skies out there...bye...see you later...

6BD17E61-31C1-44B1-A637-5BC3541C1C0C.jpeg

EDIT: something is missing on this painting...does the water need a few sunlight sparkles...would that rescue it? But bye, I am going outside now...

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can feel the rain. :) sounds like a good memory.

I'm with you on the come dancing, along with a list of many other celebrity programs.:)

Thanks and I thoroughly enjoyed that month at the Outward Bound centre.
A lot of TV reminds me that the Romans allegedly shipped animals for the games rather than grain for the starving masses.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The discussion going on here are very interesting but I am not going to pretend that I understand it - although it did remind me of something that happened several years ago that made me think that perhaps there is more to life than just this physical world.

When our lovely dog Saffy died we had her cremated so we could bury her in the garden. When it came to it I couldn't do it - so put her casket at the back of a display cabinet. I didn't tell my daughters because I felt a bit silly wanting to keep her in the warm.

I had this little game with my 18 month old granddaughter. I would say - where is Saffy and she would point to the picture we had of her on the wall.

I thought I would show my daughter the game - so when I said where is Saffy she immediately pointed at the picture. Then she went into a sort of trance and slowly rotated so that she was pointing straight at the display cabinet. This really freaked out my daughter and she kept asking what is happening. I explained that Saffy was in the display cabinet but that there was no way Katie could have known that.

This has always puzzled us - so a few years later.Mr K asked Katie 'where is Saffy ' and she immediately pointed to the picture and had no memory of Saffy in the display cabinet .