How long are you on LCHF diet?

johnnyangel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on a lchf diet combined with if for about a year now. I've lost 28 lbs and my a1c has gone down from 7.4 to 5.5. I'm on 2000mg of metformin a day plus glicazide.

clare56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
How long are you on LCHF diet ? This is to get some inspiration for me to stay on the course.
I started with the 8 week blood sugar diet and sort of carried on for several months. I ' reversed' my diabetes in about 3 months - and all was well for about a year. However, after that, I put back most of the weight I'd taken off and relaxed the low carb diet, resulting in the return of a diabetes diagnosis this summer. Since August I've been back on LCHF and today received the results of another HbA1C test which puts me on the cusp of normal / pre-diabetic. I think I have to stick to low carb, although I've found I can have a week 'off' as long as I go straight back on to low carb afterwards.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy and MrsA2

andromache

Not sure. Three years or so? My system runs so much better on mainly low-carb, real food - I can't imagine wanting to eat any other way. And it is all so delicious! Sometimes I flirt with the idea of going seriously low-carb, as in keto, but quite honestly, I'm getting most of the health results I want with a less stringent regime, so it seems a good balance for me.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I gave up and started eating whatever i want , been walking about four hours daily and blood sugars normal . Life better without restrictions .

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One year and three weeks - eating meat and dairy. Roughly based on 20g/day from veg/pulses. Some days more, most days less.