Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

JTO

Hi, my name is Jan T, I'm a 65 year old female. I'm happily married with 2 grown up children. I live in the Northwest of England on the SE border of the beautiful Lake District. I love fell walking and exploring the countryside and watching wildlife. We own a caravan and love to spend time walking in the French Alps. I like exploring new places but get nervous when going to places that don't speak English.
I like the music of the 60s and 70s but listen to modem music as well although I don't enjoy RAP.
We don't have any pets.
I love to watch films and dramas and get very involved with the characters although I rarely watch horror films - too scary!
I always see both sides of the argument which infuriates my daughter haha! I hate confrontations and prefer to avoid arguments.
I'm quite determined and definitely want to be the boss as far as this diabetes is concerned.
I'm retired now but used to work in a hospital laboratory, I'm definitely a scientific pragmatist.

Reactions: Antje77

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!

Attachments

• A7B26580-A61F-403A-81C1-0F383FD5DEC3.jpeg
    A7B26580-A61F-403A-81C1-0F383FD5DEC3.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 255

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
Hi my name is Kevin, I’m 65 years old and have had T1 Diabetes for 60 years. I live in Billingshurst West Sussex in the UK. I’m Jewish,
I’m a kind and helpful person and enjoy talking to people, I spend a fair amount of my time talking to my Radio Amateur Friends around the world.
I live with my wife and snowy our western highland terrier dog.
I have various computers which I used quite a lot being both Mac & PCs
I have some tattoos and my first one was an eagle with Diabetic underneath the eagle.
My favourite bands are Genesis, Who, Santana, Rolling Stones and many other.
I’m a retired Electronics Engineer and worked in the business for 50 years

Attachments

• 2E405683-C7DF-46E6-9F38-01684816E706.jpeg
    2E405683-C7DF-46E6-9F38-01684816E706.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 255

massi_f

Hi my name is Massimiliano, I'm 45 yo and had been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 11 years ago. I live in Leeds.
I'm married, with one son, l'm a software engineer and I love music.
I try to live a active life, I run a lot and love rowing too, I've been vegan for a bit more than one year and it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Reactions: Miriam12345

Graham Devon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks, Name is Graham and have just been diagnosed a month ago as type 1. Bit of a surprise as I am 54 and been healthy as a horse all my life.
To give a bit of background I started to feel a bit bunged up down below, went to the doc in the end after about a month of pain control using paracetamol and ibuprofen. During this period I dropped 15lb to 11 stone though I was barely eating due to the constipation. Surviving on fruit juice and coffee. Doctor ordered me to A&E where a ct scan found a renal abcess 5x8 cm and blood sugar up around the 18 mark.

I was started on 70 units of lantus which was quite a painful injection as I am not carrying a lot of fat. Now been changed to Toujeo 60 units once a day and novorapid between 4 and 8 depending on carb content of meal.

Had no symptoms whatsoever before going into hospital, during stay or after release.

MarionOxford

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- What is your name?
Marion
- How old are you?
66- Are you male or female?
England
Oxford
- Are you religious?
No
Witty, bright, kind
- Do you have any pets?
no
- Microsoft or Apple?
Both
Pilates, Nordic walking
Frustrated but not angry
None

R&B, Soul, Choral
- Ever gone camping?
no and never will
- Ever been in love?
I'm 66, go figure
- Ever used fake tan?
Yes
USA, Malta, Italy, Spain, Portugal
- Favourite city?
Oxford
- Are you wealthy?
Retired

Have fun!

davethemog

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Dave
- How old are you?
Male
England
Kent
- Are you religious?
No
Serious, considerate, approachable
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Both
Love football
No
Tat - on upper left arm
Beatles, Queen, Stones, Bee Gees, Status Quo
I like most genres
Union Flag
- Ever gone camping?
Loads of times
- Ever been in love?
Loads of times
- Ever used fake tan?
USA, Greece, Turkey, Scotland, Cyprus, Spain, Italy, France, Croatia, Bosnia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia,
- Favourite city?
London
Football Friday night, Football Saturday Afternoon, Football Saturday Evening, Football Sunday afternoon, Football Sunday Evening and every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Star Wars, Zulu, Last of the mohicans, Home Alone, Ghostbusters
- Are you wealthy?
NO
Retired (sadly)
Too many to list
Personality
Baldness

Have fun!
It always seems impossible until it’s done. Nelson Mandela

- What is your name? WarsopStebbing
- How old are you? 56
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? Herts
- Are you religious? Nope
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Hyper, Lazy, Restless
- Do you have any pets? No
- Microsoft or Apple? Linux, so Apple closest to that
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Bit old, but cycling, skateboarding, Keepy-Uppy, Table Tennis, Snooker
- Do you get angry easily? When stressed, yes
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Eww
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? All types. If pushed, Russian classical
- What is your favourite flag? Japanese
- Ever gone camping? Yeah, lots
- Ever been in love? Twice. So much, its hard to breathe.
- Ever used fake tan? Ewwwww!
- Which countries have you visited? Most EU, USA, Mexico, Caribbean, Indonesia, Thailand, HK, India
,- Favourite city? Hong Kongh
- List your five favourite TV programmes Panorama, Match of the Day, NHK TV Begin Japanology, Strictly, The Moomins
- List your five favourite films. Mo’ Better Blues, Existenz, 24 Hour Party People, Star Wars, Toy Story, Shrek
- Are you wealthy? I make a living
- Do you work? If so, as what? Computer techie
- List the subjects you study/have studied Sciences, Comp Sci, Geology, First Aid!
- What do you like most about yourself? Loyal
- What do you like least about yourself? Restless

Hi Everyone call me W.

I was diagnosed about three years ago after repeated eye infections, nasty night cramps, hunger, extreme thirst, dry tongue and weight loss. Finally, got a GP who spotted the real issue, sent me to hospital and the rest is history. Admitted with 100 and discharged by a nurse after insulin, still at 25. Worried that my active life was over, went home confused and in shock and OD on the insulin, took the day dose at night and went to bed. Was playing on the phone when it hit, staggered downstairs and couldn’t stop cramming in jelly babies and biscuits.

Now steady-ish at 39 HB1ac and feel 20 years younger. All credit to this forum which helped me to work out what was happening better than all the medics put together.

Now a challenging new phase as the consultant starts to tinker around with my meds. Feeling totally disempowered as was very happy with the status quo. I have been deemed to agree with the change when I was happy with my regime and doing great. Feeling coerced and subtly bullied.

Oh, my favourite groups, Earth Wind and Fire, Pink Floyd, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Squeeze and Stealers Wheel

Reactions: MandyJean

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Everyone call me W.

I was diagnosed about three years ago after repeated eye infections, nasty night cramps, hunger, extreme thirst, dry tongue and weight loss. Finally, got a GP who spotted the real issue, sent me to hospital and the rest is history. Admitted with 100 and discharged by a nurse after insulin, still at 25. Worried that my active life was over, went home confused and in shock and OD on the insulin, took the day dose at night and went to bed. Was playing on the phone when it hit, staggered downstairs and couldn’t stop cramming in jelly babies and biscuits.

Now steady-ish at 39 HB1ac and feel 20 years younger. All credit to this forum which helped me to work out what was happening better than all the medics put together.

Now a challenging new phase as the consultant starts to tinker around with my meds. Feeling totally disempowered as was very happy with the status quo. I have been deemed to agree with the change when I was happy with my regime and doing great. Feeling coerced and subtly bullied.

Oh, my favourite groups, Earth Wind and Fire, Pink Floyd, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Squeeze and Stealers Wheel

If you, the patient, were happy with the status quo then why change. It is a 50:50 partnership between doctor and patient. Or it is supposed to be.

Mantha79

Hi im Sam
41 year old female , T1 for 2 years this January, I live in Lancashire , with my partner and our 3 boys, I’ve often jumped on for a little look on this forum but have signed up properly now .Just been released from a Dk and Positive COVID test Home to isolate for another 10 days !
I’m sure il have lots of questions for you all
Xx

Reactions: tjayfranklin

FunkyNana2

Hello !

I’m new so thought I would dive in and answer some of the questions .

- What is your name? Karen
- How old are you? Never ask a lady
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? UK
- Which city/area do you live in? I live in deepest darkest Norfolk
- Are you religious? Not particularly bible thumping but I have beliefs
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Mellow, chatty, creative
- Do you have any pets? Yes , a dog called Sam
- Microsoft or Apple? Don’t make me choose
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Nope, none , nada . I’m sooooo not sporty
- Do you get angry easily? No ? I am as mellow as the day is long.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? None
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. I am a long time fan of Rod Stewart but have fairly eclectic taste in music.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Don’t hate me...Country music !
- What is your favourite flag? You can have a favourite flag?..... Got to the be the Union Jack then.
- Ever gone camping? Yes, but so over that now. I like a little luxury on my holidays.
- Ever been in love? Yes, been married to the same man since dinosaurs roamed the earth
- Ever used fake tan? No .
- Which countries have you visited? Fairly well travelled. A big fan of the USA , done a lot of Europe . Cuba, Kenya etc
- Favourite city? Fort Myers Beach - I think it’s a city
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Currently binge watching Greys Anatomy from the beginning, I loved Line of Duty, I’m a big fan of the GBBO
- List your five favourite films. Dirty Dancing , Grease, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, White Christmas, Top Gun
- Are you wealthy? LoL no and I’m okay with that .
- Do you work? If so, as what? I am a Marketing Director by trade
- List the subjects you study/have studied. At University level I have a BSc Hows in Business Information Systems, a Postgraduate in Marketing , a Masters in Military Marketing and Chartered Marketer status
- What do you like most about yourself? I’m friendly and optimistic
- What do you like least about yourself? I have diabetes !

Possum2020

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

Name - Possum.
How old am I? Old enough to know not to answer that question.
Female from Australia. I live near Melbourne. Funny, Serious, Emotional. Wealthy compared to who?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi tonight I shall be taking Insulin for the first time as Metformin no longer works.
Welcome to the forum. I assume you are T2. When you say metformin no longer works, have you adapted your diet at all. Read the link in my signature.