What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a still tier 3, at least for now, in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of tuna salad came in at 4.8 this am.

A disappointing short circuit in the park yesteday - far too many people mingling about. The cafe at the boatyard is closed for customers who want to sit in but they do a roaring trade with take aways. Had to re-route several times and by 11am gave it up. Serves me right for that sun dance. Bill Bailey - who would have thought it. Crazy news of people fleeing Mordor last night so expect a roll out of something nasty over the next few days.
@ianpspurs - ACV - yes, essential for bone broth manufacturing and of course must have the mother in. Must start using it for vinaigrette.
Most evenings we zoom with the ninky nonk twins (Chaos and Mayem) and their sister Little Miss Pamplemouse - doesn’t look as they will now be going up to Durham to their other Grandmothers for Christmas now according to mum and dad. We had agreed to meet up at a deer park called Whitworth Hall (family home of the Shafto family - Bobby Shafto went to sea) on Christmas Eve. Ah well.

Thanks for the compliment @gennepher but no weather predictions today, painting is a bit of a daub on the brush cleaning bits of my backing paper roll. Someone with his child feeding the birds in the park.

Hope everyone is still safe in body and mind. I need koffy (note to self - panic buy koffy).

upload_2020-12-20_8-5-58.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

As I expected a last minute phone call inviting us to go and sing old Carols as in Sheffield Carols this afternoon and Tuesday Evening, outside in two villages in a Tier 2 area. Now the question and stress starts, should we? We want to as we have missed all our Christmas gigs this year but as we are not seeing family over Christmas because of rules it seems strange to go singing Carols, decisions, decisions.

Time trundles along try and make good use of some of it, if not all of it. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Here in Tilehurst Towers we have climbed the mountain and are now at the pinnacle called tier 4 till the next seismic shift in the tectonic plates of covid management.

A 5.8 this morning on the meter of mystery and naughtiness.

So much negativity in and on the media time for lockdown on reading and listening to the media here in Tilehurst Towers. I'm getting concerned that Mrs might want to play scrabble over the Christmas period, me and me's are going to lose....again!

On a sad note me and me's have not heard from our pals Chaos and Mayhem for some time, but we had a card from them saying they are well and having a wonderful time, holding cross party talks in the houses of Parliament and also attending the Brexit meetings. It seems they are having fun.

I have no idea what you fellow posters, painters and gamers are doing today, but here my agenda is working on the tea caddy I am making and ornament relocation without Mrs J noticing.
Stay well, stay safe and stay away.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a still tier 3, at least for now, in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of tuna salad came in at 4.8 this am.

A disappointing short circuit in the park yesteday - far too many people mingling about. The cafe at the boatyard is closed for customers who want to sit in but they do a roaring trade with take aways. Had to re-route several times and by 11am gave it up. Serves me right for that sun dance. Bill Bailey - who would have thought it. Crazy news of people fleeing Mordor last night so expect a roll out of something nasty over the next few days.
@ianpspurs - ACV - yes, essential for bone broth manufacturing and of course must have the mother in. Must start using it for vinaigrette.
Most evenings we zoom with the ninky nonk twins (Chaos and Mayem) and their sister Little Miss Pamplemouse - doesn’t look as they will now be going up to Durham to their other Grandmothers for Christmas now according to mum and dad. We had agreed to meet up at a deer park called Whitworth Hall (family home of the Shafto family - Bobby Shafto went to sea) on Christmas Eve. Ah well.

Thanks for the compliment @gennepher but no weather predictions today, painting is a bit of a daub on the brush cleaning bits of my backing paper roll. Someone with his child feeding the birds in the park.

Hope everyone is still safe in body and mind. I need koffy (note to self - panic buy koffy).

View attachment 46360
Hugs for walk in park fiasco.

Winner for making your art a walk in the park, I like the gnarled tree and birds flocking for the morsel of food, lots of movement.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

As I expected a last minute phone call inviting us to go and sing old Carols as in Sheffield Carols this afternoon and Tuesday Evening, outside in two villages in a Tier 2 area. Now the question and stress starts, should we? We want to as we have missed all our Christmas gigs this year but as we are not seeing family over Christmas because of rules it seems strange to go singing Carols, decisions, decisions.

Time trundles along try and make good use of some of it, if not all of it. Keep safe.

Tricky isn’t it? We (I) now have difficult conversations to have with family members but am going to wait until tomorrow when I think that all the background work will have been done for me by gobby news readers, the queues of “experts” that they roll out and the stupid question gang - sorry, journalists.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for walk in park fiasco.

Winner for making your art a walk in the park, I like the gnarled tree and birds flocking for the morsel of food, lots of movement.
Thanks. The willows round the lake are quite old and now that they have lost all their leaves are looking very glum. You can though see signs of how they have been looked after since they were first planted in, I think, 1931.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tricky isn’t it? We (I) now have difficult conversations to have with family members but am going to wait until tomorrow when I think that all the background work will have been done for me by gobby news readers, the queues of “experts” that they roll out and the stupid question gang - sorry, journalists.
Very tricky, I think we have to get used to these sort of decisions being a big part of life for a very long time to come, but I have always been the eternal pessimist.

I have stopped listening to all the analysis from news experts it just muddies the waters and as my Avatar suggests I know all about Mud. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9
I ate biscuits yesterday...

Thank you @dunelm for not predicting the weather today!That child is having fun in your painting...

My digital painting today...in Procreate...

I shut my eyes to go to sleep last night, and suddenly this crocodile lunges at me. I threw a thick metal chain at him, but he bit through it. So, I leapt out of that dream at the speed of lightning, and watched the night stars instead through my bedroom window....those stars move so slowly, but a satellite crossed the sky quite quickly...

This is not as scary as the crocodile that lunged at me. I am losing my touch...once I was asked (in the 70's) to illustrate Three Blind Mice (in the days of 'nice' children's illustrations, alternative wasn't in then). Mine were rather gory...and since you ask, no I didn't get the job...

So here is rather a tame 'frightening' crocodile...

683B7E91-73EB-428D-AACA-A13D661F1038.jpeg

By the way, our posties now deliver post from 2am, because they have too much mail and too many parcels. So, if you don't get your parcel you thought you had ordered in time for Xmas, then tough because it is probably sitting in an undignified heap outside in the rain because they have no room in the sorting office...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unsure how to pitch the salutation - yo massive, how's it hanging? His Swipenyess decreed a 4.6 this AM and restored fitbit had 7 hrs 22 sleep. Win, win. Just Spurs later for chapeau.:) Impossible to do more than empathise with those who are hardest hit by the latest inevitable and inadequate announcement. From my comfortable Tier 2 , safe pensioned hideaway I can be an observer and commentator. Don't shoot the media - messenger/piano players? - the New Right have exposed all the weaknesses of their ideology but the centre is currently MIA. Stick a fork in these Donald Ducktards, they're done - if this ain't an inflection point we're stuffed. Anyhow, may those who are "sore let and hindered in running the race that is set before them, find bountiful grace and mercy to speedily help and deliver them" and COYS:angelic:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 fbs. I ate really late last night which always gives higher numbers.

It looks like we may have sunshine today. Am mulling over whether it will be better to stay on Zoom after Christmas because cases are rocketing in Norfolk and I am pretty sure we will move into tier 3 mid January.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Thank you @dunelm for not predicting the weather today!That child is having fun in your painting...

I shut my eyes to go to sleep last night, and suddenly this crocodile lunges at me. I threw a thick metal chain at him, but he bit through it. So, I leapt out of that dream at the speed of lightning, and watched the night stars instead through my bedroom window....those stars move so slowly, but a satellite crossed the sky quite quickly...

This is not as scary as the crocodile that lunged at me. I am losing my touch...once I was asked (in the 70's) to illustrate Three Blind Mice (in the days of 'nice' children's illustrations, alternative wasn't in then). Mine were rather gory...and since you ask, no I didn't get the job...

View attachment 46361

By the way, our posties now deliver post from 2am, because they have too much mail and too many parcels. So, if you don't get your parcel you thought you had ordered in time for Xmas, then tough because it is probably sitting in an undignified heap outside in the rain because they have no room in the sorting office...

“ I ate biscuits yesterday” - a great first sentence for a book. Reminds me of that first line in A Christmas Carol - “Marley was dead, to begin with.”
Big hug for the incident of the croc in the nighttime but what a great result in art form, so vivid, when can we have the three blind mice?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm paying for it today ( even more indulgences ) with a 9.2 !
Hope you enjoyed the indulgenc
OK? Standing order for this. I don't use it in water anymore. Vinaigrette, in bone broth or stock cubes as a hot drink. We are all different. I couldn't eat Montezumas so score draw,
Thank you for the link. I didn't realise that Biona did this in bulk - they a good brand so I will definitely order this.

Have never tried it in bone broth but will try it today. Hopefully it will make the ACV taste less acidic.

Reactions: True Blue

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg of 5.1 today things seem to have settled down again. Though for some reason I am gaining weight could be the lack of exercise over the past week MG has decided it's best if I stay home for a while.

Adrian is going to give us a call tonight to update us on how things are in Rome so looking forward to that.

And not withstanding the latest news I seem to be shaking off the depression I have been feeling over the last week or so.

Hope all are well and not having too much disruption to Christmas plans I know it's going to be hard for those in the South East so hugs for all of our friends living there.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you enjoyed the indulgenc

Thank you for the link. I didn't realise that Biona did this in bulk - they a good brand so I will definitely order this.

Have never tried it in bone broth but will try it today. Hopefully it will make the ACV taste less acidic.
No pressure on me then! I agree it is a very acquired taste neat. Any suggestions on how to alleviate the hideous taste of Montezumas - as hot chocolate with some SF syrup maybe?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm paying for it today ( even more indulgences ) with a 9.2 !
You are so lucky to be able to have the occasional indulgence with only a rise in blood sugars.

If I indulged in anything that contains wheat or sugar I am very quickly rewarded with severe acid reflux - which sometimes is accompanied by vomiting. Then I have to endure a sleepless night of severe acid reflux.

It sort of puts you off indulging. It is almost as though my body is conspiring against me. I never get acid reflex at any other time and this never happened to me before I went low carb and cut out wheat and sugar. It is a real puzzle why it happens now.

Still there is no need to feel too sorry for me as I do enjoy a lot of foods that were not allowed on my previous low fat high carb diet. Cream in my coffee, mushrooms filled with melted stilton cheese, veggies cooked in butter, avocados, lots of different nuts and seeds, full fat Greek Yogurt etc. etc. The list is endless. One of the highlights is no more cottage cheese - ever again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are so lucky to be able to have the occasional indulgence with only a rise in blood sugars.

If I indulged in anything that contains wheat or sugar I am very quickly rewarded with severe acid reflux - which sometimes is accompanied by vomiting. Then I have to endure a sleepless night of severe acid reflux.

It sort of puts you off indulging. It is almost as though my body is conspiring against me. I never get acid reflex at any other time and this never happened to me before I went low carb and cut out wheat and sugar. It is a real puzzle why it happens now.

Still there is no need to feel too sorry for me as I do enjoy a lot of foods that were not allowed on my previous low fat high carb diet. Cream in my coffee, mushrooms filled with melted stilton cheese, veggies cooked in butter, avocados, lots of different nuts and seeds, full fat Greek Yogurt etc. etc. The list is endless. One of the highlights is no more cottage cheese - ever again.
Great list of foods you now enjoy and your whole journey from being on insulin to where you are today is amazing and shows how this woe can work. One of my targets/performance objectives is to affirm those who are part of Unwin's (David not Stanley) 45-50%. You are in the top tier of those.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

View attachment 46361

Wow, that's a colourful illustration for a children's book, love it. Sorry about nightmare but good result for the art. Glad you told us it was from a nightmare or we might have thought it might be a combination of any drugs, even a 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' moment. :)

Reactions: True Blue