Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, ah yes Christmas is soon!

Sadly I have a mouth ulcer for a few months, my mouth isn’t too happy with a small lump blocking its movement. Diabetes is fine, a bit high 8.6 but I had a hypo last night. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, ah yes Christmas is soon!

Sadly I have a mouth ulcer for a few months, my mouth isn’t too happy with a small lump blocking its movement. Diabetes is fine, a bit high 8.6 but I had a hypo last night. :)

Mei - Have you had that ulcer checked out by your dentist? Whilst it's a very low chance, it's best not to ignore these things, as they're not always as they seem.

If nothing else, you could email pictures.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mei - Have you had that ulcer checked out by your dentist? Whilst it's a very low chance, it's best not to ignore these things, as they're not always as they seem.

If nothing else, you could email pictures.

Dentists aren’t accepting new patients at the moment, they completely disregarded the pain I was in along with a wisdom toothache. So I’ve sent my gorgeous looking mouth to my doctor.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dentists aren’t accepting new patients at the moment, they completely disregarded the pain I was in along with a wisdom toothache. So I’ve sent my gorgeous looking mouth to my doctor.

Thanks Mei - these things need to be checked. I'm sure it's nothing, but having an ulcer that long justifies having it checked.

Fingers crossed for you.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Mei - these things need to be checked. I'm sure it's nothing, but having an ulcer that long justifies having it checked.

Fingers crossed for you.

Doctor got back to me today, he said it’ll need to be surgically removed. It’s a mucous cyst?? Not an ulcer, it’s not cancerous but a nuisance. All of this over me accidentally biting my inner lip when I was eating.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doctor got back to me today, he said it’ll need to be surgically removed. It’s a mucous cyst?? Not an ulcer, it’s not cancerous but a nuisance. All of this over me accidentally biting my inner lip when I was eating.

Better safe than sorry Mei.

My OH's daughter developed a rare oral cancer in her early 40s (so clearly a chunk older than you), but she needed invasive surgery to be rid of it, so I am pretty impassioned about any unexplained or persistent lesions - especially as her dentist brushed off the potential for it to be sinister.

Again, please don't think I post that to scare you. I don't, but to explain a little why I can be persistent myself over having things looked at.

Is the doc doing what he needs to do to get things moving?

Reactions: MeiChanski

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Did exactly the same, with exactly the same outcome, about 20 years ago. A nuisance!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It would appear I am totally ready for Friday and all official organist duties are complete apart from a bit of social media updating!

I much prefer just grabbing the music books and turning up at the right time.. I have always said this time of year is normally pretty effortless but a bit time consuming. This year it has been both!!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, done the last grocery shop before Christmas and walked the dog so I'm feeling virtuous. Ironically, I'm now seeing more people at Christmas because of the change. Well, just one actually. I usually (quite happily) spend Christmas on my own with my dog. The other single friend who I see and walk with most days and with whom I've been in a bubble is now not going to see her family this year so we're spending Christmas Day together. So my dog will see her friends too!

@MeiChanski hope you get your cyst dealt with quickly and painlessly. Who knew that could happen? (apart from @becca59 !)

@Marie 2 I could be quite wrong but over here I thought we only had the chance to see it last night, when I couldn't as it was too overcast. Maybe someone else knows?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 yes too cloudy in Uk last night, but it is so slow to move @hh1 that we should be able to see up to and including Christmas Eve. Fingers crossed.
@Marie 2 how is the volcanic eruption affecting you?

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Awoke on a good pre brekki number, then this afternoon, a 2.9, but all is ok now.
Poor Autumn cat. I had to take her to the vets this morning as she has been licking a small area on her left hind leg. it was very bright pinky/red colour and she now has some steroid cream, Isaderm 15 mg. I have to apply twice a day, after cleaning the area with salt water and then drying it. Poor thing has a clear collar on to stop her licking it, she is not a happy bunny and I felt so sorry for her trying to eat her food ( I gave her an extra portion <3 )
Cost was £86.07, but I have insurance for her, so emailed my claim, only had her 2, 1/2 months.

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, done the last grocery shop before Christmas and walked the dog so I'm feeling virtuous. Ironically, I'm now seeing more people at Christmas because of the change. Well, just one actually. I usually (quite happily) spend Christmas on my own with my dog. The other single friend who I see and walk with most days and with whom I've been in a bubble is now not going to see her family this year so we're spending Christmas Day together. So my dog will see her friends too!

@MeiChanski hope you get your cyst dealt with quickly and painlessly. Who knew that could happen? (apart from @becca59 !)

@Marie 2 I could be quite wrong but over here I thought we only had the chance to see it last night, when I couldn't as it was too overcast. Maybe someone else knows?

I popped down to Morrison's this morning to get last bits for Christmas and the car park was packed out ! Just need to buy a Christmas weath for my parents grave and worming tablets for Autumn. So I will get them tomorrow, after I have had my blood test, as the surgery is near an Asda, so I will pop in there.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you put the food bowl on top of something else the cone may go around the bowl, allowing the cat to eat without the cone touching the floor and disturbing her.
Get well soon, Autumn cat!

Thanks Antje, I did that after watching her have a bit of a struggle, bless her <3

Reactions: Marie 2