What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post fbs. It was 5.2.
At last I was motivated to do some admin. Have emailed all class members to tell them it is highly likely we will stay on Zoom for the foreseeable future. I feel really sad for class members who can't/won't go on Zoom but feel it is the safest option as the new variant of the virus is so transmissible.

Actually, after sending the emails l realised what was causing me to feel stressed and demotivated - my gut feeling was that it was not safe to go back to face to face classes even though I was making preparations to do just that.

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really good good advice from your BF. You have tried your absolute best to help and I think that you just have to accept that there is nothing you, or anyone else can do to help.
hehe - actually it's DF's BF... So I take some comfort that she is not that worried this time - she was panic stricken in the midst of lockdown and actually broke the rules to drive from Ruislip to her house to see if she was ok.

It would appear from the messaging back and forth from BF that I am getting a slightly altered version of events but either way if her BF is not as worried, then that is good enough for me.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post fbs. It was 5.2.
At last I was motivated to do some admin. Have emailed all class members to tell them it is highly likely we will stay on Zoom for the foreseeable future. I feel really sad for class members who can't/won't go on Zoom but feel it is the safest option as the new variant of the virus is so transmissible.

Actually, after sending the emails l realised what was causing me to feel stressed and demotivated - my gut feeling was that it was not safe to go back to face to face classes even though I was making preparations to do just that.

Sounds like you did right, listening to that inner voice .

Suspect Jan and possible Feb will be very restricted for face 2 face classes.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My dear wife - born very much in Chelsea- claims to be Welsh (her dad really was). She can't find me Chelsea anywhere on a map of Wales:arghh: Lush is what a cricket ground should be and you guys should know. How old were you before you knew you could take off your cagoule? :angelic:
I'm actually English ( with a good dash of Irish ) by birth but have lived in wales for over 50 yrs ;)

lindisfel

Expert
Hopefully come 2021 all the bairns will get a little fishy on a little dishy when the bo-o-at comes in!

IMG_20201218_115313972_BURST001_compress17.jpg

Reactions: mojo37

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 4.4 this morning.

@ianpspurs We here are a mixed bunch Judith born in Cumbria (Siloth), me Liverpool Adrian Kent, grandson in Plymouth but Melody was born in Clwyd and so claims to be Welsh.

And as going way back in the family tree an ancestor of mine was called Meyrick Ap Gruffyd then there must be a little of the Welsh in me also.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you did right, listening to that inner voice .

Suspect Jan and possible Feb will be very restricted for face 2 face classes.
Yes, I agree that it is good to listen to that inner voice. I wonder if even March may be tricky for face to face.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hehe - actually it's DF's BF... So I take some comfort that she is not that worried this time - she was panic stricken in the midst of lockdown and actually broke the rules to drive from Ruislip to her house to see if she was ok.

It would appear from the messaging back and forth from BF that I am getting a slightly altered version of events but either way if her BF is not as worried, then that is good enough for me.
Ah - it's DFs BF. If she is not as worried then that should definitely be good enough for you.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me in last lockdown: Well at least eating low carb I don't need to make runs on rice, pasta, bread and hurrah for courgettes, cauliflower and tender stem broccoli

Sky news: Sainsbury's warns of blockade shortages of cauliflower and broccoli

Me: (**(&(*()$(*)*&$&^%(*$&(

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me in last lockdown: Well at least eating low carb I don't need to make runs on rice, pasta, bread and hurrah for courgettes, cauliflower and tender stem broccoli

Sky news: Sainsbury's warns of blockade shortages of cauliflower and broccoli

Me: (**(&(*()$(*)*&$&^%(*$&(
Hug for you. I'm not bothered too much by that but salad, avos, olive oil shortages would cause me problems. We have 2 freezers full of various things I really don't want much. Mackerel and avo salad is where I'm at in this journey just now. 5 litres each of EVO and ACV incoming - just need salad routes to stay open. Or me to like some of the food in the freezers. Good luck with finding cauli and broc. Markets? Frozen?

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon...it's been a challenging week relieved it's over (well nearly over) somehow I tweaked my back getting out of bed last week & it's been a nightmare since then...I had to cancel 2 appointments at the anti-coagulant clinic I wasn't sure I would be able to get out of it once I'd got there...I'm a little more active today and managed to get to my appointment & the chemist lots of deep heat purchased including one identical to a roll on deodorant excellent you can use it without getting it all over the place...I haven't done my FBG for a week pointless I know it will be sky high with the extra stress & pain my INR levels are...I am a little more mobile today as long as I walk slowly like Anne Widdicombe does slightly sideways...all prepared for Christmas food delivery tomorrow...keep safe everyone

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for you. I'm not bothered too much by that but salad, avos, olive oil shortages would seriously cause me problems. We have 2 freezers full of various things I really don't want much. Mackerel and avo salad is where I'm at in this journey just now. Good luck with finding cauli and broc. Markets? Frozen?
I suppose frozen cauliflower could be defrosted for cauliflower cheese and a (shhh) potato, egg and cauliflower curry. I am rather partial to tenderstem Broc so I would be rather upset if that disappeared.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose frozen cauliflower could be defrosted for cauliflower cheese and a (shhh) potato, egg and cauliflower curry. I am rather partial to tenderstem Broc so I would be rather upset if that disappeared.
I qouls think many supermarkets stock similar. Frozen cauli makes cauli chesee from frozen which would probably due at a pinch.
Edit: Would

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

Wet and rainy here so indoor day once I have been to Tesco and hopefully get provisions with after Christmas dates on. Going now to try a miss the crowds.

Keep safe.
Good luck MC as I drove past ours they were queuing from early on

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Meanwhile we must keep our grip on that which keeps us on firm ground
Good coffee keeps me grounded and I have a large stash of it...if we have shortages I'll cope but no without a good cup of coffee

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think judging by the pics of the london diaspora..tier 4 is everybody's next stop.
spoke to the family way before Christmas we decided before they introduced tier 4 not to meet up in London...it's not worth the risk.

Reactions: gennepher

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I qouls think many supermarkets stock similar. Frozen cauli makes cauli chesee from frozen which would probably due at a pinch.
they do but it is the other side of town... so a long way to go for tenderstem but... let's see what happens.
It is amusing me that all the people wailing in anguish about European countries closing their borders with our germ-ridden selves are the ones that.... wanted to leave in the first place. Ummm sing with me here, people... 'Don't you want me baybbbeeeeeee?'

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck MC as I drove past ours they were queuing from early on

I haven’t been to the shops today, I was trying to do gardening in the front garden between the rain. But the neighbours cars were going in and out of our cul-de-sac all day, and coming back with stuff. I will go early tomorrow for a couple of last minute things...if there is anything left...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Letter from Consultant at eye clinic arrived today confirming that my eyes are stable and need no treatment for the Diabetic Macular Oedema and will not need to be reviewed for another 9 months.

What I was surprised to read in the letter was that the right eye was injected a year and a half ago and the left eye over six months ago. I hadn't realised that my eyes had been stable for so long. This has really made me happy because it shows that keeping my blood sugars in a good range is really helping my eyes - even if it does not completely cure them. I did speak to someone at the eye clinic some time ago who was having the injections every six weeks. Now that would be my ultimate nightmare.