Switching to treshiba

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

can I have some experiences on treshiba please? My endocrinologist is changing me from humulin I to treshiba due to the fact I am no longer pregnant.

I always worry about medication changes!
can I have some experiences please!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love it!
For me it's very stable, and it works for longer than a day so I inject once a day but it doesn't matter if I do so at 10PM or 5 AM, I don't notice a difference.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like it but I've never used anything else, I'd say its not a great idea if you have varying amounts of activity though unless your very confident at adjusting bolus doses, I find if I'm extra active one day then I can need to reduce my bolus doses for at least 24 hours later, also not the most flexible to account for illness etc due to dose changes taking at least 3 days xx

Reactions: Antje77

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I find it much more convenient and a slightly smaller dose when I switched to it from Levemir. But agree with @kaylz91 as Tresiba is so long lasting I need to pay much more attention to adjusting bolus doses for big changes in activity or sick days. Did your endo give you guidance on how to switch? It will take several days for Tresiba to reach steady state activity at the beginning - you may wish to taper off the Humulin and gradually introduce Tresiba. I didn't, just cold turkey switched and had a few unpleasant days where my Levemir had finished, but the Tresiba wasn't fully active.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use tresiba & find it very stable. I take it once a day first thing on a morning before breakfast & once you get your dose right it should keep your levels stable for the full 24 hours. I take 30 units.

Vplum

I like it. It lasts for about 15 hours I think so it gives you a bit of flexibility of you are an hour or 2 late taking it. Had much better control since being on it.