Merry Christmas and all that. :)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, you lovely people,

I know it's been a strange year. More horrible to some than to others, but none of us have been left unaffected, I think it's safe to say. Christmas'll be looking different in The Netherlands than what I'm used to. And I'm sure, whether people celebrate Christmas, Festivus, Kwaanza, Hanukkah etc, that's pretty much the global norm right now.

So my wish for you this Christmas, or whatever you may call it where you are, is that you find a little joy, a little peace, where you might not have expected to find it. And more love than you know what to do with. I wish you a happy New Year as well, and may it be a very healthy one.

Much love, and thanks for the friendship and support I've found here,
Jo

Attachments

• tumblr_ngkn2ddT6H1s0a0voo1_640.jpg
    tumblr_ngkn2ddT6H1s0a0voo1_640.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 225

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Merry Christmas Jo!

Our Christmas is not going to plan
I should have taken the meat out of the freezer a day earlier and it won't be ready for the big day. And do you know, we don't care. Boxing day was going to be a nibble fest watching the Lord of the rings. So we are just swapping the days.

With everything that this year has thrown at us, I have a fire in the grate, food on the table, I don't want anything else.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Merry Xmas to all and to our moderators in particular without whom our forum would not be the supportive and encouraging place that it is.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas everyone - I hope Santa is good to you - all the best for 2021 - I hope it will be better than 2020! xx

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Christmas everyone, however you choose/have to spend it this year. Great message @JoKalsbeek and thanks for your gift of the Nutritional Thingy which I've passed on to a couple of people struggling to get to grips with their T2 and who've found it hugely helpful.

Oh and here's to a happy, healthy, successful,and normal (!) 2021! (even if not straight away ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
What I love about this forum is that I forget I am not "chatting" to somebody just down the road, because it seems we know each other quite well. @JoKalsbeek is a prime example, especially since she manages to look after so many people who struggle with so much in the diabetes world. I wholeheartedly agree with comments above, but would like to add Happy Christmas or similar to; Jo, all who use the forum and also absent friends. Hope we all meet up again this time in 2021 !

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness

I know it's been a strange year. More horrible to some than to others, but none of us have been left unaffected, I think it's safe to say. Christmas'll be looking different in The Netherlands than what I'm used to. And I'm sure, whether people celebrate Christmas, Festivus, Kwaanza, Hanukkah etc, that's pretty much the global norm right now.

So my wish for you this Christmas, or whatever you may call it where you are, is that you find a little joy, a little peace, where you might not have expected to find it. And more love than you know what to do with. I wish you a happy New Year as well, and may it be a very healthy one.

Jo

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness
Thanks, Jo, I'm here in London tier 4 do you think it would be ok to pop out for some shopping for half an hour...merry Christmas...x

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Jo, I'm here in London tier 4 do you think it would be ok to pop out for some shopping for half an hour...merry Christmas...x
I don't think you'd be back in half an hour! ;)

Still hope the holidays'll be as happy as they can be though, Tier 4 or no.
Hugs!
Jo

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas everyone, however you shoose/have to spend it this year. Great message @JoKalsbeek and thanks for your gift of the Nutritional Thingy which I've passed on to a couple of people struggling to get to grips with their T2 and who've found it hugely helpful.

Oh and here's to a happy, healthy, successful,and normal (!) 2021! (even if not straight away ;))

and all....

and love the Hound!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Merry Christmas everyone, and here's to a happier, healthier 2021, with those who want to have the vaccine receiving it quickly and safely. Take care everyone x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jo

Thanx Jo,

I see it as a time of family. Celebrate & reflect on the lives of those we lost along the way.
Then feast in their honour.

Enjoy the season, one & all..

Reactions: hankjam