What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yipee! Back from the supermarket - Morrisons - very few people in and 4 checkouts open - result.
@jjraak - thanks for the “ouch” master blaster, @Muddy Cyclist - thank you - Ivy - no, the one in. Covent Garden is closed - the one in Bristol is open though - went there a coupe of years ago to celebrate mothers birthday - happy days. Great bit of percussion - fab. @ianpspurs - thumbgate is annoying at best - Amazon - hope the cowbells arrive. My SIL in France wants me to order her a knitting pattern - only a couple of quid but the postal charge to France is a months rent - I can get it free with prime. @karen8967 - thanks for the Christmas picture and for all your Memes. @lindisfel - smashing butcher.

Some good news - Chris Rhea has finally driven home (in a Delorian I think) so we can all breath as sigh of releif.

View attachment 46429
Chris Rea looked and sounded in some strife on the Mortimer and Whitehouse Christmas fishing programme. No cowbells yet - may need to download a bell ringing tone for our phones if all else fails. Talking of which, Morrisons click and collect was an epic fail for Julie - on the route home from collecting her mum and so well organised but lacking 20% of what we ordered.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chris Rea looked and sounded in some strife on the Mortimer and Whitehouse Christmas fishing programme. No cowbells yet - may need to download a bell ringing tone for our phones if all else fails. Talking of which, Morrisons click and collect was an epic fail for Julie - on the route home from collecting her mum and so well organised but lacking 20% of what we ordered.
You need one of these, outside our front door, postman loves it, not so sure about neighbours though.
IMG_4283.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Talking of bells, Ian.
I see they saved the only Bell foundary left in the UK at Loughborough the other week.
I went with other students to look at their work when we had occasion to see how switchgear was made at Brush of Loughborough, that's 60 years ago.

Apparently they took the Bells of Lincoln Cathedral across to the Western edge of the fen and up Car Dyke all the way to Lincoln.

It is interesting how the Romans apparently wanted to open up the fen and put a canal up its western edge.
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Wet pillows are really horrible. Hope the rain has stopped now. Have you got a dehumidifier to dry everything out?

We have floods all around us at the moment. Luckily our house is half way up a small hill and always escapes the flooding.
No dehumidifier, but pillows went under the bed where the boiler is and dried out quite quickly.
We are near the top of a hill but still get blocked stormdrains, and ofc the van would leak wherever we are, but seems to be only in extreme weather conditions. Am hoping for a few dry days.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Late post.
7.35am FBG 6.0 .

7.45am FBG 5.4 average should be starting to go down soon.
Day of last minute preparations, we are out of black pepper and bin bags. Drat! Will need to shop after all.
Must also find my makeup. Threatened with multiple video calls. Don't want to scare the kids.
Son2 arrived for brief socially distanced visit.
We are dropping presents to a friend later. Had to refuse yet another invitation for Xmas lunch, this time from our Keralan friends.
Ordered a slow cooker, it made the journey from Dumfenline to Milton Keynes overnight. Was hoping it might arrive today, but no. Will be Sunday. How to cook ersatz half leg of lamb that turned out to be beef topside? Someone needs to wear glasses when shopping.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deal looks bleak to some but I've haddock nuff of all that. As for A B De P J, eel do a conger. It has bream difficult, old Mackerel digging his heels in and things looked tench at times - a few stickleback points. I hear mullets will be back in fashion in 2021. I am in the right plaice aren't I?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Good to hear so many doing well, especially at this, our most unusual of xmas.

We normally head to Laurens fathers, 77 this year, for xmas dinner
and after much debate with him, and considering the up's & downs
they'll be going for a socially distanced lunch with him.
the girls had decided to self isolate a bit more, until then so they reduce the risks.

To help make it as safe as possible, we've decided, I won't be going.
which given the hassles of me making the stairs here and there
seems like a sensible solution.

He's upset but understands, and he's arranging a more lavish Sunday dinner around Easter for us all.
so billy no mates this chrimbo, but a small price to pay to keep him safe.
and on the bright side i've got some Kick *** pain killers that give me that light headed feeling,
so who needs wine......' hic'

Hugs for the leaks @SlimLizzy

and a nice pic of your doorway @Muddy Cyclist
can never remember what they call the end of the bell,
now i just remind myself it's a johnson....(or was it a hancock.:D.)

and lastly... if the powers that be, are looking for people to add to the honours list,
if they ever run out of sycophants and cash donors, that is.

Might i suggest they look at the staff, here, and i suspect many more places,
who showed us just what compassion looks like in this Year. A Year unlike any other..

God bless them one & all
(and check out louise minchens reaction.. Love her)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-somerset-55423359

and i might be going a little early, but in case my meds zonk me out and i miss it
a Merry Christmas to you all....:happy:

A big thank you for the support, given so freely when i needed it...:)

and i hope in some small way, i have managed to repay some of that debt, by my own contributions in return.

christmas-28.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bells came along with a chunky G K Chesterton tome which Advent poems prompted - hopefully I will start reading books again so all good. Conference family gathering this morning, getting ready for festival of 9 lessons and carols, retro Spurs shirt fron no 3 son (insisted I wear it). Thanks for hugs re Morrisons but we have far more food than we need and I would probably have politely declined anyway. @jjraak great post, hugs for being on your own but you have the consolation of knowing you are safe. (Don't let go of those straws)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Good to hear so many doing well, especially at this, our most unusual of xmas.

We normally head to Laurens fathers, 77 this year, for xmas dinner
and after much debate with him, and considering the up's & downs
they'll be going for a socially distanced lunch with him.
the girls had decided to self isolate a bit more, until then so they reduce the risks.

To help make it as safe as possible, we've decided, I won't be going.
which given the hassles of me making the stairs here and there
seems like a sensible solution.

He's upset but understands, and he's arranging a more lavish Sunday dinner around Easter for us all.
so billy no mates this chrimbo, but a small price to pay to keep him safe.
and on the bright side i've got some Kick *** pain killers that give me that light headed feeling,
so who needs wine......' hic'

Hugs for the leaks @SlimLizzy

and a nice pic of your doorway @Muddy Cyclist
can never remember what they call the end of the bell,
now i just remind myself it's a johnson....(or was it a hancock.:D.)

and lastly... if the powers that be, are looking for people to add to the honours list,
if they ever run out of sycophants and cash donors, that is.

Might i suggest they look at the staff, here, and i suspect many more places,
who showed us just what compassion looks like in this Year. A Year unlike any other..

God bless them one & all
(and check out louise minchens reaction.. Love her)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-somerset-55423359

and i might be going a little early, but in case my meds zonk me out and i miss it
a Merry Christmas to you all....:happy:

A big thank you for the support, given so freely when i needed it...:)

and i hope in some small way, i have managed to repay some of that debt, by my own contributions in return.

christmas-28.gif

Hugs and Merry Christmas @jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guess what!
My black wheelie bin got emptied this morning.
Bin men came in the cul-de-sac just for me. Actually I was a bit worried that since I was the only person who put their black rubbish wheelie out, that the bin men might not back down the road.
But they did!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really cold dog walk. There was even a shower of hailstones. Predictive Text tried to change it to gallstones. Now that would have been newsworthy.

Talking about being newsworthy - have just read on our community facebook page that our little Market Town has been reported as one of the places with cases of the new variant Covid 19. Thank goodness we have been placed in Tier 4.