What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice cold Christmas walk with family and then sat with coffee, thank goodness for camper van, to watch the sun set off the heights of Gentleshore common. Never walked there before, good views over to Shropshire but bitter North Easterly.. now back home with Log Stove lit and a glass of wine, should I resist the mince pie?

So Christmas on our own, very strange.

Reactions: mojo37 and geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Good to hear so many doing well, especially at this, our most unusual of xmas.

We normally head to Laurens fathers, 77 this year, for xmas dinner
and after much debate with him, and considering the up's & downs
they'll be going for a socially distanced lunch with him.
the girls had decided to self isolate a bit more, until then so they reduce the risks.

To help make it as safe as possible, we've decided, I won't be going.
which given the hassles of me making the stairs here and there
seems like a sensible solution.

He's upset but understands, and he's arranging a more lavish Sunday dinner around Easter for us all.
so billy no mates this chrimbo, but a small price to pay to keep him safe.
and on the bright side i've got some Kick *** pain killers that give me that light headed feeling,
so who needs wine......' hic'

Hugs for the leaks @SlimLizzy

and a nice pic of your doorway @Muddy Cyclist
can never remember what they call the end of the bell,
now i just remind myself it's a johnson....(or was it a hancock.:D.)

and lastly... if the powers that be, are looking for people to add to the honours list,
if they ever run out of sycophants and cash donors, that is.

Might i suggest they look at the staff, here, and i suspect many more places,
who showed us just what compassion looks like in this Year. A Year unlike any other..

God bless them one & all
(and check out louise minchens reaction.. Love her)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-somerset-55423359

and i might be going a little early, but in case my meds zonk me out and i miss it
a Merry Christmas to you all....:happy:

A big thank you for the support, given so freely when i needed it...:)

and i hope in some small way, i have managed to repay some of that debt, by my own contributions in return.

christmas-28.gif
Hug for you being left alone, safest though and Easter may be more promising with Oxford Vac rolling out.

Keep safe and look after yourself, have a day of films if the drugs let you.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Somehow managed to get a 6.6 this morning best one in awhile think it must be down to the good sleep that I had :)

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Deal looks bleak to some but I've haddock nuff of all that. As for A B De P J, eel do a conger. It has bream difficult, old Mackerel digging his heels in and things looked tench at times - a few stickleback points. I hear mullets will be back in fashion in 2021. I am in the right plaice aren't I?
No, I think you flounder!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea who will be here tomorrow or to some extent why there would be any wish or need to do so at Christmas. So, Merry Christmas one and all however scaled down, different or challenging 2020 has made things. We finally - 10+ months in - worked out where to put a table and chairs for now so Christmas dinner can be eaten in comfort. One of the benefits of waking at 4.30 or earlier most mornings is (sometimes) time to think.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

lindisfel

Expert
No idea who will be here tomorrow or to some extent why there would be any wish or need to do so at Christmas. So, Merry Christmas one and all however scaled down, different or challenging 2020 has made things. We finally - 10+ months in - worked out where to put a table and chairs for now so Christmas dinner can be eaten in comfort. One of the benefits of waking at 4.30 or earlier most morning is (sometimes) time to think.
Merry Christmas one and all.

lindisfel

Expert
IMG_20201224_161719723_compress33.jpg
We went to the top of the hill behind the house when the sun went down over the Irish Sea in a glowing orange sky. In a southerly direction all the fells were covered in a visible snow carpet above about 1500' and the temperature quickly dropped below freezing.
We couldn't see the convergence since the moon and sky in the west were extremely bright, but the shear beauty of it all filled one with awe this Christmas Eve.
D.

Reactions: mojo37 and geefull

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Merry Christmas every one.

Joyeux Noël
Frohe Weinachten
Feliz Navidad
Buon Natale
Feliz Natal
Vrolijk kerstfeest
Crăciun fericit
Wesołych świąt Bożego Narodzenia
God Jul
Veselé Vánoce

merry-christmas.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 this morning

very cold here today with a wicked wind and further North across the firth the snow that fell during the night was visible right down to sea level this morning.

Sun came out for the minister's funeral but even sitting in the car it was very cold and the service was over an hour long, I don't know how some of the people who stood on the grass bank opposite the church managed, some of them are older than mr gee and I. We processed to the cemetery (traditional here) but then came home, took us a good couple of hours to get warm again.
Rum and hot coffee was involved ;)

Glad to be mostly home for the next wee while. We shall take christmas dinner to mum's and spend a couple of hours with her tomorrow but otherwise it will be quiet (I hope):)
I have already prepared the veg, it always takes longer to peel sprouts than you expect ;) :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly and your Christmas is everything joyous and peaceful that it can be :)

@jjraak - hugs for your missing the lunch, your social conscience is well developed (as well as socially distanced ) :)

@JFWinstone - winner for the bg and sleep, hug for the headache :)

@SlimLizzy - Yuck! soggy pillows, glad to hear you managed to get them dry and I hope you manage to get the leak under control quickly :)

@dunelm - hugs for the cut thumb hope it's not too painful :sorry: that's a nice sketch of holly, very free ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - a hug for the visit stress, someimes it seems like every day brings a new dilemma :sorry: That's a very effective sketch painting, so nicely balanced :joyful:

@gennepher - a lovely festive painting today and I really like the colours you used :joyful:

art bit -

upload_2020-12-24_21-15-51.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the hope you all get the Christmas present you wish for or deserve I share with you one of my favourite Christmas passages. From Under Milk Woood....

"There were the Useful Presents: engulfing mufflers of the old coach days, and mittens made for giant sloths; zebra scarfs of a substance like silky gum that could be tug-o'-warred down to the galoshes; blinding tam-o'-shanters like patchwork tea cozies and bunny-suited busbies and balaclavas for victims of head-shrinking tribes; from aunts who always wore wool next to the skin there were mustached and rasping vests that made you wonder why the aunts had any skin left at all; and once I had a little crocheted nose bag from an aunt now, alas, no longer whinnying with us. And pictureless books in which small boys, though warned with quotations not to, would skate on Farmer Giles' pond and did and drowned; and books that told me everything about the wasp, except why."
"Go on to the Useless Presents."
"Bags of moist and many-colored jelly babies and a folded flag and a false nose and a tram-conductor's cap and a machine that punched tickets and rang a bell; never a catapult; once, by mistake that no one could explain, a little hatchet; and a celluloid duck that made, when you pressed it, a most unducklike sound, a mewing moo that an ambitious cat might make who wished to be a cow; and a painting book in which I could make the grass, the trees, the sea and the animals any colour I pleased, and still the dazzling sky-blue sheep are grazing in the red field under the rainbow-billed and pea-green birds. Hardboileds, toffee, fudge and allsorts, crunches, cracknels, humbugs, glaciers, marzipan, and butterwelsh for the Welsh. And troops of bright tin soldiers who, if they could not fight, could always run. And Snakes-and-Families and Happy Ladders. And Easy Hobbi-Games for Little Engineers, complete with instructions. Oh, easy for Leonardo! And a whistle to make the dogs bark to wake up the old man next door to make him beat on the wall with his stick to shake our picture off the wall. And a packet of cigarettes: you put one in your mouth and you stood at the corner of the street and you waited for hours, in vain, for an old lady to scold you for smoking a cigarette, and then with a smirk you ate it. And then it was breakfast under the balloons."

Merry Christmas one and all.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 this morning

very cold here today with a wicked wind and further North across the firth the snow that fell during the night was visible right down to sea level this morning.

Sun came out for the minister's funeral but even sitting in the car it was very cold and the service was over an hour long, I don't know how some of the people who stood on the grass bank opposite the church managed, some of them are older than mr gee and I. We processed to the cemetery (traditional here) but then came home, took us a good couple of hours to get warm again.

Glad to be mostly home for the next wee while. We shall take christmas dinner to mum's and spend a couple of hours with her tomorrow but otherwise it will be quiet (I hope):)
I have already prepared the veg, it always takes longer to peel sprouts than you expect ;) :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly and your Christmas is everything joyous and peaceful that it can be :)

@jjraak - hugs for your missing the lunch, your social conscience is well developed (as well as socially distanced ) :)

@SlimLizzy - Yuck! soggy pillows, glad to hear you managed to get them dry and I hope you manage to get the leak under control quickly :)

@dunelm - hugs for the cut thumb hope it's not too painful :sorry: that's a nice sketch of holly, very free ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - a hug for the visit stress, someimes it seems like every day brings a new dilemma :sorry: That's a very effective sketch painting, so nicely balanced :joyful:

@gennepher - a lovely festive painting today and I really like the colours you used :joyful:

art bit -

View attachment 46445
Thank you.

Mrs MC says all felt very safe and well organised with MIL.

Nice Christmas Card you have produced.

Merry Christmas.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guess what!
My black wheelie bin got emptied this morning.
Bin men came in the cul-de-sac just for me. Actually I was a bit worried that since I was the only person who put their black rubbish wheelie out, that the bin men might not back down the road.
But they did!

My Laurens impressed

her words...

"Never mess with a witch " :wideyed::woot:

or those that can use the internet correctly, apparently,
as i prefer to see it ;):D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice cold Christmas walk with family and then sat with coffee, thank goodness for camper van, to watch the sun set off the heights of Gentleshore common. Never walked there before, good views over to Shropshire but bitter North Easterly.. now back home with Log Stove lit and a glass of wine, should I resist the mince pie?

So Christmas on our own, very strange.

sounds like a brilliant day.

good bless the snoopy vans, where ever they maybe

and mince pies.
mmmhhh

what worth is a life IF it can't include SOME joy.

eat, drink & be merry for at SOME point we all die.

But not today death. NOT today.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No idea who will be here tomorrow or to some extent why there would be any wish or need to do so at Christmas. So, Merry Christmas one and all however scaled down, different or challenging 2020 has made things. We finally - 10+ months in - worked out where to put a table and chairs for now so Christmas dinner can be eaten in comfort. One of the benefits of waking at 4.30 or earlier most mornings is (sometimes) time to think.

While i wish YOU and yours a VERY Merry Christmas

Lets still consider those Macaulay Culkins who will still be on here...:wideyed:
and every where else in life.

we'll be here.
brave, if alone.

enjoy your day all, by all means.
but don't forget those alone at this time of year

Many we know will have lost loved ones, people you know or friends you might rarely have heard from.
but you'll all have have aunts/uncles who also just MIGHT appreciate that call.
who didn't call YOU because they didn't want to worry you or who maybe feel bad about not calling us, sooner ?

a minute out of our busy happy day
to make time for someone, maybe alone ..we love.

this year , like no other.
Make THAT call
re-make that circle of family and love.

Listen for those few minutes
to take in what they say &
makes someone's day,

THAT should be the message for tomorrow.

Reach as many as YOU can.
..while you can.

we all on here have been blessed to some point
lets share that love.

THAT IS the circle of our life.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 46443 We went to the top of the hill behind the house when the sun went down over the Irish Sea in a glowing orange sky. In a southerly direction all the fells were covered in a visible snow carpet above about 1500' and the temperature quickly dropped below freezing.
We couldn't see the convergence since the moon and sky in the west were extremely bright, but the shear beauty of it all filled one with awe this Christmas Eve.
D.

GORGEOUS PIC...:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.8 this morning

art bit -

View attachment 46445

Cold as it was. that sounds like such a lovely day
i imagine that being a storyline for a Tom hanks move set in Pennsylvania
rum & hot coffee sounds NICE.

Have a good day tomorrow.
Love to MUM..xx

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.8 this morning

art bit -

View attachment 46445

Thank you for the compliment @geefull

A most beautiful Christmas painting from you...

My best wishes for a wonderful day today.
t7617.gif

Last edited: