What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 on xdrip and 4.1 on libre.

63.5 hours into fasting as of now so these numbers are to be expected. I fully intend to go atleast till the 72 hour mark which also means I will not be indulging in a heavy Christmas Dinner as I cannot possibly break my fast with a feast of any kind....so in hindsight fasting was a good decision given all the tasty treats all around me.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

Bindahnee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
WALKS
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
8.6 fasting morning about 11 am

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on finger prick and 5.1 on libre.

I finally broke fast at 72 hours 20 minutes mark yesterday. I could have continued but I felt family wasn't getting into the Christmas spirits without me eating something so I ate but not the Christmas Dinner though and kept it relatively light.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Newdestiny x - Mine keep going up over 6 months. I do not have anything before testing. Just wash my hands.My fingers have been tingling and so has my feet.
Hello, @Bindahnee , I see you are new to posting here. Welcome.