Results!

Newly diagnosed

Hi all! Had my first blood test results after being diagnosed in August!
My new HBA1C is 34 mmol from 91mmol! My cholesterol is now 5.2! So it’s all going in the right direction
Thank you all for your advice/ help/ lovely comments when I’ve needed them! Happy Xmas to you all!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Rip snorting good job!

Merry Christmas to you. Keep up the great work.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My new HBA1C is 34 mmol from 91mmol! My cholesterol is now 5.2! So it’s all going in the right direction
Thank you all for your advice/ help/ lovely comments when I’ve needed them! Happy Xmas to you all!

Ace results, and a very nice Christmas present to yourself. :) Well done.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! It’s not been easy. There’s still a way to go yet, but it’s all heading in the right direction so remaining positive but realistic!
There’s a biscuit in tin that keeps looking at me! Trying not to eat it!

Can the biscuit tin be banished to some outer orbit for a while?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing result! Congratulations, well done. And a very Happy Christmas to you too!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant progress! Just dump the biscuit in the bin! :joyful:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wondeful results and just in time for Christmas - a present money couldn't buy

craigc

Fantastic result well done, definitely going in the right direction - you've got this! Hoping to follow in your footsteps! Have a wonderful Christmas.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you! It’s not been easy. There’s still a way to go yet, but it’s all heading in the right direction so remaining positive but realistic!
Well eating the tin would probably do you less harm than what's in it.
Congrats on your result you done well.:)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating the biscuit tin would probably be OK glucose wise but may not be too good for your teeth, however the contents of said tin will definitely be no good for those nice low glucose levels! o_O

Seriously though, congratulations on your brilliant new HbA1c.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
You’re a STAR! Very well done!

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice work! Congrats. So what did you do to achieve these results?

Newly diagnosed

After crying lots and wondering what I could eat and how I’d manage it all with life in general! I joined here and read lots about type 2. I cut out all the snacks, stuck to 3 meals a day mostly salad and white meats until I felt brave enough to add different meat/ cheese in to my diet. I still have the odd bag of crisps but it’s only one bag now! I have a cheeky vodka and a couple of squares of 80% dark chocolate in the mix too. It seems to be working for me, but I honestly had such a scare on diagnosis! I’m hoping I can carry on with what I’ve been doing to carry on reducing the numbers.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After crying lots and wondering what I could eat and how I’d manage it all with life in general! I joined here and read lots about type 2. I cut out all the snacks, stuck to 3 meals a day mostly salad and white meats until I felt brave enough to add different meat/ cheese in to my diet. I still have the odd bag of crisps but it’s only one bag now! I have a cheeky vodka and a couple of squares of 80% dark chocolate in the mix too. It seems to be working for me, but I honestly had such a scare on diagnosis! I’m hoping I can carry on with what I’ve been doing to carry on reducing the numbers.
I don’t think at 34 hba1c you need to really think about reducing further on those. It’s well within normal range so keeping that stable would seem a good plan. I don’t know much about your other levels but if those need to come down then hopefully they will continue to.

It’s an amazing result, you should be really proud of yourself!

Newly diagnosed

I don’t think at 34 hba1c you need to really think about reducing further on those. It’s well within normal range so keeping that stable would seem a good plan. I don’t know much about your other levels but if those need to come down then hopefully they will continue to.

It’s an amazing result, you should be really proud of yourself!
Thanks Andydragon! I’ve reduced medication to 1 metformin and one statin every other day! And 1 rampril a day. So ideally looking to keep levels the same or at a similar point.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Andydragon! I’ve reduced medication to 1 metformin and one statin every other day! And 1 rampril a day. So ideally looking to keep levels the same or at a similar point.
That’s really good to be at those levels with reduced meds. I wish I had been as strong as you to take control when I was diagnosed but the wake up call of diagnosis to taking control is really impressive

hope your doctor is as Impressed :)