Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @Antje77
It's been hard, Kai was always there, not to be forgotten, prancing around and just happy to be. This is a very rough loss for the both of us..

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was doing ever so well right up until late evening, now I’m sitting here at 15.9. Here’s to a better year for us, I hope we get to see our loved ones soon. But I am thankful that everyone here is safe and well. Sending hugs to you all, it’s been a tough year!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Merry Christmas Everyone!

OIP.Pt6zQAdbsiMdEL-Yfwh36gAAAA

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had such a heart wrenching day at work, the elderly were confused as to why no one would see them and that there was nothing I could do to make them feel better. I sat with a woman opening her presents, and she loved every gift but she was also upset. I couldn’t hold back my tears, :( dementia and rona are a horrible duo

Reactions: chris85 type 1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had such a heart wrenching day at work, the elderly were confused as to why no one would see them and that there was nothing I could do to make them feel better. I sat with a woman opening her presents, and she loved every gift but she was also upset. I couldn’t hold back my tears, :( dementia and rona are a horrible duo

Yep, it sucks. I saw my mum a few months back after my BiL's funeral. She has Alzthiemers.
I did have to keep explaining about "the covids." She is lucky in some respects, emotionally she's pretty chilled out.
But she does have my sister, her husband & their daughter in a bubble.

Keep shining that light at work Mei..

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, it sucks. I saw my mum a few months back after my BiL's funeral. She has Alzthiemers.
I did have to keep explaining about "the covids." She is lucky in some respects, emotionally she's pretty chilled out.
But she does have my sister, her husband & their daughter in a bubble.

Keep shining that light at work Mei..

Thank you, we couldn’t really explain about the virus because they’ll replay the depression, anger and confusion.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So do you guys know what I can do about the security tag? Tesco really left us like this. XD
IMG_2657.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So do you guys know what I can do about the security tag? Tesco really left us like this. XD View attachment 46472

You should be able to open he bottle with the security tag on it. I think they're supposed to trigger the exit alarm if it goes through there. It shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of it - unless it's a gift you intend to give someone else.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You should be able to open he bottle with the security tag on it. I think they're supposed to trigger the exit alarm if it goes through there. It shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of it - unless it's a gift you intend to give someone else.

Unfortunately it’s a gift for my bf’s dad. My bf tried sawing it off and it didn’t leave a scratch. I’m crying in laughter over this. Juicy J did ask how did we escape without a security pursuit.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski Hmmmm, not sure how to respond , laughing, hugs.

Yea, it usually sets off an alarm, so they might have deactivated it but not removed it. Who knows, new, busy? But if it’s not being given immediately, going back to Tesco with the receipt so they can remove it, is probably best. My in laws would be laughing about it saying oh gosh and it would just start a whole conversation. But we are older and know each other well. That could be awkward for some.

Funny story, his one sister can come up with the weirdest gifts. When we showed up one year and walked into their house there was this brightly painted lime green cement cactus with a plastic lizards and a couple of rocks, 3 feet tall sitting there. We both looked at each other and go what the heck is that. I’m sure you’ve guessed it, it was our Christmas gift for our back yard full of pine trees ???......the other sister got a cement rabbit for her yard and handed a foot that had broken off and said it got broken but you should be able to glue it back on. She was proud she had managed to find cement statuary for our yards.

We finally just got rid of the cactus in the garage sale before we moved. And it had been sitting in the garage for 25 years the whole time, but it was always good for a laugh and a smile when we saw it.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately it’s a gift for my bf’s dad. My bf tried sawing it off and it didn’t leave a scratch. I’m crying in laughter over this. Juicy J did ask how did we escape without a security pursuit.

If it's any consolation, our local Tesco is open tomorrow. If you have the receipt or use a Clubcard, you'd likely be able to validate the purchase and have them de-tag it?

Just a thought.

If all else fails, just drink it. Should be lovely.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Good morning all

I drank more than I usually would last night, especially since diagnosis (not really a drinker) but it was wonderful, my partner also doesn’t usually drink so to be honest it really was an amazing day we had a lot of laughs!

Now for a nice meal today, I’m not too bad but I think he will be hungover when he wakes up. I’m just gonna drink tons of water today to help my body a long lol.

In terms of bg, I was fab all day until the evening then I miscalculated my potatoes and I guess that was it for a while! The highs emerged! Then I was a little bit out of whack with the drink and accidentally gave too much of a correction dose and went soaring the other way! So a bit of orange juice and laughing it off then all through the night I have been well! Thank goodness

So it starts all over again today but I’m not drinking for a good while now and for our Boxing Day meal I have calculated all the carbs perfectly - I hope! If not from tomorrow it’s back to be good for a long time anyway!

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, maybe a little different for some, but those who couldn’t be here with us are in our hearts for now, until next time fingers crossed! Let’s see how 2021 pans out!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

After a very early, lovely, long, and virtually solitary 9 miles walk (only ultra-keen cyclists and runners who know how to share outdoors exercising space in pandemic times) and retreating home only when the world was waking up properly I have got the early morning slightly unreasonably high number back under control.

I am settled comfortably on the sofa for the rest of the day with plenty of choices of lazy day books or films for entertainment and easy food when I'm ready for it.

I have one small catering fail... I had run out of Proper Coffee. Plenty of decaf Proper Coffee, but no caffeinated. Good job I have not had the kind of organist's Christmas when I get through the excess amount of time spent on playing carols on huge amounts industrial-strength caffeinated coffee then fall into a sleep-deprived stupor as soon as church is over on Christmas Day and only emerging when I've slept it all off about 3 days later. I could get used to this...