What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No alcohol yesterday and 8 hrs sleep + resting pulse <. 1 and done today. Tea small CWC+ SF syrup ( < cream) : 14.44 Turkey, pigs in blankets, sauteed sprouts with chorizo and garlic, red cabbage (- wine, onion, cinnamon, sucralose) ,roast tenderstem, normal broccoli and mushrooms, Jus? made from roast giblets veg and water as T cooking, bacon from top of T. Glass of red to flatten any blip. Another score draw. Merry Christmas

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A very merry Xmas all -- hope you enjoy your celebrations tonight.

@DJC3 -- Hugs for what happened to your daughter. How's she feeling now? Have they figured out what caused it?
@Antje77 -- So sorry you're feeling a bit down, but I admire your attitude. Hugs. Hope you'll feel better soon.
@maglil55 -- This sounds like some very stressful days. Hope things calm down a little bit soon. A big hug from me.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: A soup of mussles, prawns, a bit of carrot, fennel, green onions, chicken broth and cream. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Snack: A chicken wiener, 16g of 88% chocolate, about 25g of cheese. Some red wine.

Dinner: Haven't quite decided yet -- either ox cheek with a sauce of red wine, beef broth, and a bit of tomato sauce with cauli mash -- or a romaine lettuce with h/m Caesar's dressing, chicken cracklings, and parmesan cheese and half a DD keto roll with butter.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Merry Christmas @ziggy_w

Won’t need to eat again for at least a week.

Early morning long walk preceded a long drawn out OMAD, which started with salted macadamia and almonds, moved on to chocolate coated macadamia and almonds before the main event of roast lamb shoulder, carnivore stuffing, pigs in blankets and cauliflower cheese. Dessert was a triple chocolate heart from Yummzy with extra thick double cream.

6A72238E-4541-4DC9-BDC2-E8776587FA24.jpeg
B6BF6E1A-F39F-46FD-B389-D81907B8C2E2.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After yesterday's rich meal and carbs, went to bed at 7bg. Had bad night waking for 3 hours in the middle. Fasting bg was 7. Fastish fasted walk for 40 minutes brought it to 7.5 :banghead:

1pm smoked salmon rolled around a smear of cream cheese
2pm turkey, cabbage with bacon and juniper, carrots and swede, green beans. Avoided potatoes stuffing and Yorkshire. Gravy, and wine

5pm 1 ordinary mint chocolate, 1 dark peanut butter cup that was very very sweet.

Still feeling full so thats me done for the day. Thought I'd be tempted by more, but not feeling good with what I did eat.

Had 4 great lc or keto cookbooks as pressies though, so watch for good new recipes when normal service resumes :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Merry Christmas @ziggy_w

Won’t need to eat again for at least a week.

Early morning long walk preceded a long drawn out OMAD, which started with salted macadamia and almonds, moved on to chocolate coated macadamia and almonds before the main event of roast lamb shoulder, carnivore stuffing, pigs in blankets and cauliflower cheese. Dessert was a triple chocolate heart from Yummzy with extra thick double cream.

View attachment 46468 View attachment 46469
Can I come to yours next year please @Goonergal ?

Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Xmas All! Hope everyone is well.

we hadscram eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast. Muttlets v unimpressed with their teensy morsels of special xmas, but the egg went down a treat.

then snacked in a steady, rationed way on Charbonel & Walker choccies.

and finally a hefty 16oz, exquisitely succulent steak.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was a TwoMaD.

Breakfast was Kefir, followed by full fat Greek yoghurt with a tart cranberry coulis, and a light dust of Bourneville cocoa powder.

Whilst carrying out my sous chef duties a couple of tiny Chantenay carrots.

Dinner was a fabulous roast rib of beef, roasted carrots, roasted parsnips (just one piece for me), red cabbage, brussels, roast potatoes and gravy. A glass of Malbec.

Whilst what I ate wasn't too bad, the quantity was outrageous, but it was delicious.

We're now watching Phantom of the Opera from the Royal Albert Hall (broadcast last night on Sky Arts.)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My Christmas day food (so far)
No breakfast, fasted till 3pm.
Roasted gammon with cucumber and onions vinegar.
Christmas dinner.
Turkey, pigs in blankets, and some apple sauce. One stuffing ball.
A few peas.
Was gonna have a small side salad with gammon, but too full.
Might have a small tangerines before 9p.m.
Got some dark chocolate to get through as well!

Ho, ho, ho!

Sugarlisa

Yogurt and blackberries with a herbal tea Breakfast
Starter prawns cocktail with small fizzy wine
Turkey,gammon, broccoli, carrots,sprouts,leeks,parsnips, cauliflower cheese with 2 mini sausage and gravy with a cheeky vinto
Tiny slice Lemon meringue cheese cake with tiny drop of double cream with passion fruit gin and diet lemonade though my numbers were going to be crazy but they were 6.3 when I checked so happy Xmas everyone xx

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Merry Christmas everyone xx
Breakfast: two DGF chocolate brownies with cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.
Traditional Xmas Lunch, turkey, one small roast potato, a tiny bit of stuffing, mixed veg, (including one Brussel sprout!), and a splash of gravy, followed by DGF Xmas cake with cream.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few sugar free sweets.
Dinner: Xmas buffet, cold meats, cheese, leafy salad, mixed nuts and a small packet of Cheesies followed by LC trifle :hungry:

CC7A7788-971A-4116-88D4-E6590AF0F753.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hope everyone had a safe and socially distanced Christmas.
Food today was
breakfast bacon, mushrooms and toast
Lunch roast beef, pulled pork, roast potato singular, carrots and peas,
Did indulge in a mini Christmas pudding with cream
Evening we had seafood and salad
And a whole box of Lindor between us.
Plenty wine was consumed.

Last edited:

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Roasted goose, stuffed with parboiled, smashed potatoes, shallots, rosemary and thyme.

Followed by a chocolate mousse made by melting lidl's 95% chocolate with some butter and Erythritol then whipping it into Mascarpone and chilling it.

First potatoes I've eaten since March! Bloods from 5.7 to 6.1 two hours later.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes you just get lucky!
I had my christmas dinner with my neighbour and a friend, and without them trying to adjust to any dietary preferences the meal turned out to be fitting even a keto diet!
A (very fresh) turkey from neighbour's garden, caught and prepared yesterday and stuffed with minced meat, fresh herbs, and some broccoli, bell pepper and pumpkin and wrapped in bacon. A green salad to go with it. My part was dessert, which consisted of a cheese platter with different cheeses and the smoked goose breast from my other neighbour.

A christmas dinner has never been this easy before, the only thing I injected for was the beer!

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Yesterday Christmas

Breakfast chopped up some Leftover lamb kebab and fried an egg on top with a slice sourdough with butter and black coffee

Drive to my mums an hour away and normally at Christmas day its shocker blocked with traffic but due to covid19 restrictions there was less traffic.
I made tabbelah and a side salad to take.

Lunch/Dinner Christmas dinner

Pork Turkey ham fresh prawns tabbelah potato bake salads pav home-made peach and cranberries sauce and sweets did I miss anything...it is Christmas after all so had small amounts of each serving. Coffee and water.

Boxing day

So had problems getting to sleep but finally dosed off at 4am then got up after 9am

Breakfast

two low carb toasted open sandwich buttered topped yes with leftover ham so grilled the ham, cheese and had a spoonful of peach and cranberries sauce on toast and black coffee.

Lunch/dinner I say will be leftovers christmas dinners.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yogurt and blackberries with a herbal tea Breakfast
Starter prawns cocktail with small fizzy wine
Turkey,gammon, broccoli, carrots,sprouts,leeks,parsnips, cauliflower cheese with 2 mini sausage and gravy with a cheeky vinto
Tiny slice Lemon meringue cheese cake with tiny drop of double cream with passion fruit gin and diet lemonade though my numbers were going to be crazy but they were 6.3 when I checked so happy Xmas everyone xx

Lisa - I have to say I'm so impressed by how you have embraced this whole new way of being for yourself, and it looks like you started testing?

Honestly, that testing will give you such invaluable feedback for the finer tuning you'll do over time, I'm sure.

If ever you have readings or trends that don't make sense, others will help you interpret. As you progress it'll be interesting to see how those around you react to your way of eating and your results, trimming up etc.

You've done so well. Onwards for you, for 2020.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know whether to start posting on here now or wait until the new year when I will be eating lowish carb and healthy... The contrast will be vast lol

Reactions: Speedbird

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I relaxed my low carb a little for Xmas and over-ate (as usual) though mainly on cheese.
Just a late Xmas 'Linner' and a huge evening snack:

Roast chicken (about 1/3rd of the whole chicken with skin), sprouts, chestnuts, roasted celeriac 'chips', stir fried red shredded red cabbage. I had less than 1/3rd the chestnuts and celeriac that my wife ate.

200gms vintage cheddar cheese with around 50gms of biltong and 100gms mixed nuts (walnuts, brazils, hazels and almonds).
plus about 500ml of a 14% alcohol red wine.

I didn't bother testing, but confident that I didn't exceed my goals.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I’ve just been reading everyone’s posts from yesterday and it looks like we all managed pretty well. Especially @Sugarlisa as it’s your first lc Christmas.
@Goonergal glad to see you joined me on the Christmas morning chocolate.
@Antje77 glad the Turkey round up was successful, that’s a great sounding meal.
@mymuk that chocolate mousse is my kind of recipe, thanks fir the idea.
Yesterday after the chocolate coated nuts. Lunch was the traditional - turkey, carni stuffing, sprouts with bacon and chestnuts, broc&cauli cheese, red cabbage Delia style ( layered with onion, Brantley apple, spices we vinegar snd garlic and braised for 2 hr)
Champagne, red wine and a Turkey sandwich late in the evening ( in SLC roll)
BG flatlined most of the day so I’m v happy with that.
@ziggy_w is your Christmas meal held on Christmas Eve? I may have missed some posts. Do you tend to have a traditional meal?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:) :)

I hate to break it to you, but as a result of someone eulogising about it on one of the FB foodie groups, I brought down a Tefal Express, grater thingamybob from the loft to try again. It had been resigned to the out side of the "1in/1out" agreement I allegedly have with MrB for gadgets. He had actually forgotten we had it.

Anyway, I grated 1kg of mature cheddar in no time at all, and contained the messy outputs (which was the BIG downside), then bagged and frozen for toppings. We're trying again with that one.

On the upside, for you guys, they don't seem to make it any more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-MB750G36-Fresh-Express/dp/B006ZCU3T0
I won one of these in a competition. I use it if I can't be bothered setting up the attachment on the Kenwood which is much more efficient for larger quantities.