What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
26 December - bed 4.9 FBG 5.6. I had a very unsettled night. It's been so long since I've had a mix of alcohol my stomach wasn't too happy (including the food too). Weather today was horrid. Wind and torrential rain. Very much a day for stay in, stay warm and do as little as possible. I still haven't managed to clear all the cornflower storm in the kitchen but I suspect it will keep popping up for days. A belated Merry Christmas everyone. I just noticed I forgot the last 2 days.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. I decided to have some of the cheese I didn't have on Christmas Day - a bit of Morbier & Port Salut with 4 LC crackers.
A lot of water!
D. You probably guessed - turkey, stuffing, chipolatas, cranberry sauce, 1/2 a roast potato and some boiled sprouts. A LC creme brulee and no cornflower accidents this time.

Definitely no alcohol! I am also all turkied out so bird is going to be stripped, bagged and frozen for another day.

*Edit - I have 3 bags of turkey meat in the freezer for another time.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - I liked the look of those. Shame the duck ones are sold out currently. @DCUKMod - in my mind's eye, I pictured you at about 5.9/5.10. Now I am visualising you as a little person! Today bed 6.4 FBG 6.6. Grandson wanted to go to spend some of Christmas money on Lego but I had to point out that the shops are all shut for the foreseeable now. However, son & I were out on a "turkey hunt" in the supermarkets (he's inherited my habit of going turkey shopping after Christmas) I spotted that Tesco are still selling non-essential items so will take grandson there tomorrow.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with pate
L. Nothing - turkey hunt was unsuccessful at Tesco but more successful at Morrisons. Son got two large chickens and a large turkey crown for £25. In Tesco I acquired duck breast for £2.50 and a leg of lamb for just under £6. I also got quite a lot of GF chipolatas. Veggies were also crazy prices. Our tour of Tesco, Morrisons & Lidl has, apart from bread and more veggies for son's household, brought in enough for about 3 weeks
D. I will be having a campari and soda. I will also have 1/2 avocado filled with chopped avocado, red onion, prawns & Marie Rose. Duck breast to follow, wilted spinach and celeriac dauphinoise. I still have one more creme brulee too.

That was a very successful "hunt" today. The shops were busy but not nightmarishly so considering we are all supposed to be good little locked up people again.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - I liked the look of those. Shame the duck ones are sold out currently. @DCUKMod - in my mind's eye, I pictured you at about 5.9/5.10. Now I am visualising you as a little person! Today bed 6.4 FBG 6.6. Grandson wanted to go to spend some of Christmas money on Lego but I had to point out that the shops are all shut for the foreseeable now. However, son & I were out on a "turkey hunt" in the supermarkets (he's inherited my habit of going turkey shopping after Christmas) I spotted that Tesco are still selling non-essential items so will take grandson there tomorrow.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with pate
L. Nothing - turkey hunt was unsuccessful at Tesco but more successful at Morrisons. Son got two large chickens and a large turkey crown for £25. In Tesco I acquired duck breast for £2.50 and a leg of lamb for just under £6. I also got quite a lot of GF chipolatas. Veggies were also crazy prices. Our tour of Tesco, Morrisons & Lidl has, apart from bread and more veggies for son's household, brought in enough for about 3 weeks
D. I will be having a campari and soda. I will also have 1/2 avocado filled with chopped avocado, red onion, prawns & Marie Rose. Duck breast to follow, wilted spinach and celeriac dauphinoise. I still have one more creme brulee too.

That was a very successful "hunt" today. The shops were busy but not nightmarishly so considering we are all supposed to be good little locked up people again.

Standing tall, my full magnificence is 1.60/5'2", 49kg. Trousers size 6, and tops 6/8, so no Amazonian genes for me. :( Being all would be so wonderful.

Sugarlisa

Breakfast was sausage sandwich on warburton wholemeal bread with a peppermint tea
Lunch was homemade tomato soup with a sugar free squash
Tea was left over gammon with side salad with pepperoni and chorizo slices with cheddar cheese slices and small slice of chocolate log with cream with a Diet Coke lol I’ve noticed clothes I got bought for Xmas are all baggy and starting to get big for me lol

Reactions: ianpspurs

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I forgot food yesterday. Was mostly cold meats and cold pigs in blankets and soem homemade lc Baileys. No more than 4 ordinary chocolates (was supposed to be 1 but hubby left them out unguarded)

Todays lunch was a wonderful hash of goose and veg witha little turkey stock and the last tablespoon of bread sauce stirred though. Refried roasties and stuffing on the side for the boys.
Then we went for a walk but so many of our paths and lanes are flooded we didn't get anywhere as had to keep turning back. Still out about an hour.

Tonight we are opening the cheeses :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So far the only one of the 6 Christmases with no off piste but still plenty of time. Have frozen about 1/2 a roast potato to try one day. Tea: CWCSFCS: Tea and 2 v sml pkts cheesies; Turkey salad, water, vits. Job done again today. Sleeping later recently - turkey?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@DJC3 they sometimes have those snacks in the local Sainsbury’s. The chorizo thins are good too.

Started today’s food (early lunch) with bits lurking in the fridge. 2 pork belly strips cut into pieces, coated with chilli oil and air fried, with 2 pigs in blankets.
Dinner, after a long walk which left me frozen, was ordered from Nando’s in preference to more leftovers. Wings, Halloumi and nuts. And now I have some wings to add to the leftovers! Some Waitrose 1 90% is now being consumed - last of the Xmas choccie.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DE2B6A60-5172-406C-8913-4F11CEF67722.jpeg

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over lamb, a packet of Cheesies, a few silver skin onions and a couple of cherry tomatoes followed by DGF lemon drizzle cake with cream.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: garlic cream cheese and pâté spread on slices of cucumber (who needs biscuits?!), pigs in blankets, pork scratchings and DGF Xmas pudding cake and extra thick brandy cream.

Edit to add pic!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: a couple of thin slices Dr Almond lc stollen with butter. Loads of black coffee
Lunch: Bacon buttie. 3 rashers in a SLC roll.
Dinner: cold leftover meat and salad. All the chocolate covered macadamia nuts have mysteriously disappeared so I might have had a few ( all) of them too.
Daughter and her partner ( who incidentally got engaged Christmas Day - some happy news for a lovely change) received a Hotel Chocolate velvetiser for Christmas so they made themselves hot chocolate. Then I had a go using 1/2 double cream and 1/2 water and 100% chocolate. It was gorgeous - it really was velvety.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Season's greetings! I haven't posted for a while but have missed coming here. This issue my first Christmas as a diabetic, mind you it has been the strangest Christmas. We'd decided not to mix anyway do when Tier 4 was declared it made no odds to us. We have an Indian takeaway Christmas day and roast lamb Boxing day and today my husband bought a turkey crown in m&s reduced from £74 to £10!
Today's culinary delights included:
B: continental meats and cheeses, yoghurt and berries
L: broccoli and stilton soup (another m&s yellow label, 24p)
D: salad, turkey, 3 small homemade sausage rolls
treat: 2 squares of dark chocolate

I went for a run earlier with my fellow couch to 5k gang. I have been repeating weeks and taking it very slowly so just 3 x 5 minutes of running with walks in between today. This evening I played Just dance with the kids which was good fun.

I've been eating breakfast patties with fried eggs and cheese slices a lot recently (these are my version of a McMuffin without the muffin). I'm not sure this is such a clever idea .....

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Another late post, another day of mindless comfort eating. I found a Dr Almond stollen In the freezer that I made last year. At least half has disappeared in 2 days but I don’t think it was accounted fir in any of my meals.
Thanks very much for your hugs and prayers for my daughter @Annb @ianpspurs @DCUKMod @Goonergal and @MrsT123 she’s still not herself, but no more seizures thank goodness. We are scared to leave her on her own now.
Today I had the usual black coffee
Then a bacon and egg SLC roll for lunch
Dinner was 5 big Halloumi fries. Then a lazy lc trifle made with a few of the boozy raspberries scooped out of the gin infusion, topped with clotted cream and grated 100% chocolate.
Probably some of the stollen too.
@Bex72 I love the sound of those cherry liqueur chocolates. I’ll have to make some if I can find the cherries.
@mojo37 I’ve bought that Aldi pasta too. I find it needs quite a robust sauce, plenty of garlic, chorizo etc not a subtle delicately flavoured one. Here’s a photo of the packet in my cupboardView attachment 46342
DJC3 thanks for providing the Aldii pasta alternative information, I bought the black bean one too but haven't tried it yet. I agree that a tasty sauce is a must, also, not much "pasta" is needed.
I am sorry to hear of the worries you have had with your daughter, my heart goes out to you.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations to daughter and partner @DJC3. The velvetiser sounds fab.

@Bex72 great to see you back. I’m assuming that turkey crown has some diamonds in it to have even been priced at £74? Sounds like you got a bargain though.

Starting the day with a mug of Teaolat and double cream. Perfect.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@ziggy_w Thank you for you thoughts and everyone who send me hugs it means a lot thank you

Breakfast

Two low carb open toasted sandwich buttered topped with tomato and cheese black coffee

Lunch still at mums so sister served me sweets and coffee

Dinner scrambled eggs with cream and cooked ham on toast grilled tomato I have been craving eggs as not had any since Christmas morning and mostly eat them but staying here at mums they enjoy and serve high carbs and sweets all day. Also mum who hasn't been eating much ate all the eggs grilled tomatoes and some toast which was good to see her eat something for a change. As She has not been eating much so my sister try everything and anything as long as she eats she seems to enjoy twisters though strange how taste changes for alzheimer's/dementia patients.

Staying one more night then going home tomorrow