Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1606030799564.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I've had a very pleasant Christmas in my bubble, and my dog enjoyed having her friends here so good news all round. Hope you've all enjoyed it as much as possible, that bgs have been bearable if not normal, and that you're safe from the hideous weather and its consequences. Pretty waterlogged here but no flooding so far and no obvious damage, fingers crossed for eveyone else.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's any consolation, our local Tesco is open tomorrow. If you have the receipt or use a Clubcard, you'd likely be able to validate the purchase and have them de-tag it?

Just a thought.

If all else fails, just drink it. Should be lovely.

Oh yes, with some cheese? We gave up and my bf did tell his dad about it. So we are all cackling. :) it doesn’t block the opening of the bottle, it just looks ridiculous.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Good I’m glad you had a lsugh! Sometimes that is the most meaningful gift!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Anyone else have had their parcel disappear from their front door? I was expecting a parcel today, postie delivered it - he went through the trouble of taking a pic leaving my parcel outside my front door. Bf went to get it and it wasn’t there. I felt like I was being teased because I was very excited!

Anyway, diabetes has been good, Christmas treats are all too good. I throughly enjoyed a lot of chocolate and Christmas dinner! Mashed potato is still a no go :(

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I keep hearing of lots of thefts @MeiChanski . They literally will follow trucks around and watch for deliveries. One of the last things I heard was someone was stealing boxes, opening them to see if they wanted them and if they didn't, box it back up and "deliver" it so they could then steal a package actually delivered. A trade off to go more unnoticed.

We haven't had a problem, knock on wood.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep hearing of lots of thefts @MeiChanski . They literally will follow trucks around and watch for deliveries. One of the last things I heard was someone was stealing boxes, opening them to see if they wanted them and if they didn't, box it back up and "deliver" it so they could then steal a package actually delivered. A trade off to go more unnoticed.

We haven't had a problem, knock on wood.

In that case, I wished the person opened it because surely they don’t want makeup, but we’d never know xD I’ve heard that too because of covid-19, there would be someone patrolling to steal parcels outside people’s doors etc. It’s such a shame that people would go that far to do it, I know times are hard but surely they don’t want a pumpkin colour lipstick.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My favourite "parcel going missing" moment was a few years ago when a note came from the door saying "Parcel in blue bin, hope it is safe". The blue bin is the recycling one, and has a box which fits in the top section. (Main bin for allowable glass/plastics/metals, box for allowable paper/cardboard.)

Deeply annoyed, as I had specified if I wasn't there if they delivered on an unexpected day rather than the day I'd asked for to take it back and rearrange delivery, I looked and it was not there. Long phone saga involving the following

"Check with other members of your household." Um, there are none, I patiently explained. I had patience at this point and it's not an unreasonable suggestion....
"Check with your neighbours." Why would it be with my neighbours when the note says - "Parcel in blue bin, hope it is safe".
"You'll have to wait 48 hours as it might still be out on delivery./" Less patience at this point - "But the note, as I have already explained says "Parcel in blue bin, hope it is safe".

In the end, I got a replacement for my missing items. One of which was a copy of "Crime and Punishment" which a student was reading (for his own interest) and I wanted to be able to discuss it with him. I had always hoped whoever had my parcel read it and then did all the technical music exam exercises in the other two books in the parcel!

I was deeply unimpressed a couple of years later when a parcel full of test strips went in that bin, with no note of explanation and I only found those on bin day as I was taking them out. I was just about to phone to ask where that parcel had gone to as I'd never had a problem with that delivery before.

I moved my bins to the back garden after this when I had known parcels on the way - far less convenient on bin day, but I've not had any parcel mishaps since.

Reactions: MeiChanski

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In that case, I wished the person opened it because surely they don’t want makeup, but we’d never know xD I’ve heard that too because of covid-19, there would be someone patrolling to steal parcels outside people’s doors etc. It’s such a shame that people would go that far to do it, I know times are hard but surely they don’t want a pumpkin colour lipstick.

Mei, on our village FB page, there have been a number of reports of this sort of thing, but there have also been reports whereby, once the photo of the front door threshold is examined, it's not the correct door? Is the photo definitely your front door, and not something similar?

The expectant person then seems to put a shout out for anyone receiving an unexpected parcel!

I tend to be amazed what these guys cab get through a standard letterbox, to be honest.

What I detest is when the delivery man tries the front door, and if it is unlocked, they open the door and leave the parcel in the porch. We've had to give the drivers a bit of "feedback" on that practise.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes
That's just nuts, putting something into a bin that gets picked up. Plus I never look inside of mine when I dump stuff into it.

@DCUKMod Amazon has a delivery option to let them open your door to put packages inside. They have some kind of device they carry to signal a cloud cam to unlock your door for 5 minutes and place a package inside while being filmed. Not for me!!!!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes
That's just nuts, putting something into a bin that gets picked up. Plus I never look inside of mine when I dump stuff into it.

I only noticed the test strips parcel because it's in a kind of packaging we're not allowed to put in the paper section. Plus, I never put anything out with my name and address on it. That all gets shredded and put in with the regular household rubbish, as required in this area.

And I do look at the paper section as I'm skilled at getting more stuff in there than most people...

There's a lovely blanket of snow here too - I had a two hours walk which was shorter miles-wise according to the map, but my usual kind of amount for two hours steps-wise! I do much smaller steps in the snow!!

I gather I slept through a lot of excitement along the road last night. But, I'm not convinced I totally believe my very deaf elderly neighbour's account of this. I was aware of flashing lights around 2.00 a.m. but didn't check which kind of emergency vehicle it was as we get a lot of ambulances regularly (lots of people who are elderly and/or disabled with conditions that often require emergency care). However, whilst I can sleep through a certain amount of noise, I don't think I'd sleep through two hours' worth of sirens. Which I don't think would be going at that time of night anyway.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mei, on our village FB page, there have been a number of reports of this sort of thing, but there have also been reports whereby, once the photo of the front door threshold is examined, it's not the correct door? Is the photo definitely your front door, and not something similar?

The expectant person then seems to put a shout out for anyone receiving an unexpected parcel!

I tend to be amazed what these guys cab get through a standard letterbox, to be honest.

What I detest is when the delivery man tries the front door, and if it is unlocked, they open the door and leave the parcel in the porch. We've had to give the drivers a bit of "feedback" on that practise.

Unfortunately the picture is quite low quality, but it’s definitely my front door. Neighbour’s door is much nicer with two alive plants. I had a scout around my house and I checked the bins, no sign of it :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately the picture is quite low quality, but it’s definitely my front door. Neighbour’s door is much nicer with two alive plants. I had a scout around my house and I checked the bins, no sign of it :(

Does your neighbourhood have a FB page, or Nextdoor page? If you do, it could be worthwhile asking if anyone has received your parcel, in error.

Couldn't do any harm, I'm guessing.

Sooooo annoying though!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On Boxing Day I was still awake early hours of the morning and kept hearing 'boy racers' going up and down on the road outside. Eventually got up to have a look as a white car playing extremely loud music shot past. Saw a couple of other people's lights go on, and then 5 police vans hurtling past with blue lights on, but no sirens. Not heard the outcome but hope they caught them!!

Hope you get your parcel back Mei.

For those with snow, I hope you enjoy it, and you're welcome to any forecast to come my way. Lovely to look at, but I'm not good at staying upright if it gets compacted and turns icy, and I don't want any broken bones.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I hope everyone had a pleasant Christmas day. My son came round and it was lovely.
BG has not been good at all, but a little more settled to day.
Watching Death on the Nile, then going to have an omelette for dinner tonight.:hungry:

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi everyone,
I have been having a lot of lows recently... I’m trying my best to control this but it just seems to be pretty much daily, I wonder what the long term effects of too many lows is as it is starting to worry me. Is it the same as too many highs?