What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stomach pains seem to have cleared up which meant I had full 7 hours sleep, yay! Fbg still a bit higher than I'd like though.
Appetite back
B: 90 sec bread toasted with marmite
L : One slice gammon 40g blue cheese and 2 pickles gherkins with less than 1 g carbs per 100. Called "sour gherkins" they were in the Polish section of Asda. Not sour at all, just not sweet. Adds a nice bit of crunch and bit of variety. Some ff greek with berries and seeds
D: ham hash cakes. Used smashed up pork scratchings instead of breadcrumbs and coated them with milled linseed. Threw in some leftover sprouts and celeriac. Were actually very tasty. Boys had chips and baked beans too.
3sqs 85%

Gwynn

Today, being new years eve, I am splashing out on a light mixed grill. 19.5g carbs in total and that includes a small amount of potato (I may dump the potato as that is responsible for 17g of carbs alone!).

Its quite tricky juggling foods to get the nuitrition and barb balance to a reasonable level.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Gwynn -- Welcome to the thread.
@MrsA2 -- Glad you're feeling better and got a decent night's sleep.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and turkey salami, two scrambled eggs, a small chunk of cheese, baba ghanoush and guacamole.

Dinner: Some more cheese and red wine.

Enjoy your New Year's celebrations all.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Goonergal - thanks for giving me a shout. :)

@Loz8 - like @Goonergal says, cheese, uncoated fish - frozen, tinned, smoked or fresh - (I eat LOTS of fish) - also some veggie products like Linda McCartney (her mozzarella burgers are lovely), Naked Glory, Alt products from Tesco, Oumph and uncoated quorn products. Then there is tofu, seitan and konjac - which I have tried and tasted okay but all of which disagreed with me.

I eat a lot of cauliflower rice or courgette cut in to ribbons with a speed peeler (fried in garlic oil or butter with fresh herbs chopped in and fresh lime or lemon juice) most often with prawns or chopped smoked salmon and asparagus.

I make spicy casseroles with low carb veg like swede, celeriac and butternut squash thickened with a few lentils.

Hope this helps.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Mix of ridiculous over eating of nuts/chocolate and a fabulous carnivore lunch today. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

Lunch was a reverse seared bone in rib. Delicious. Picture in carnivore corner as not everyone here would appreciate the pic.

Intermittently throughout the day ate rather a lot of chocolate (Waitrose 1 90%) covered macadamias and almonds.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Gwynn and that balance bedevils me also. @MrsA2 glad stomach pains and sleep problems improved. I slept until 6.50 :woot:. My menu:Tea: CWCSFCS: Tea with a tot of bourbon and a few V small (0.2 carbs each) pigs in blankets hot from the oven: Mackerel and avocado salad, vits, water: Happy New Year

Last edited:

JFWinstone

Breakfast - Lactose-Free Cheese, Salami, Chorizo, Cherry Tomatoes and Coffee with Lactose-Free Cream and Sugar Free Gingerbread Syrup
No Lunch - Picked at nuts and had a couple of No Guilt Bake cake bites
Dinner - Burgers, Lactose-Free Cheese and Salad

Spent most of the last couple of hours trying to decide on dinner and trying really hard not to order a takeaway. Home alone and have been struggling with mental health today :depressed::grumpy:

Reactions: mojo37 and maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy New year all let’s hope 2021 is better and a happy and healthy year for us all. I’m planning hopefully to get back to posting food daily from today will try and catch up with reading posts too.
Today’s food
Breakfast one Waitrose 1 chipolata sausage, slice of bacon,egg and hm lc toast
Lunch one hm lc toast and pate
Dinner slow cooked beef with green beans and one small roast potato with glass red wine followed by DGF gingerbread with cream.
Planning glass of fizz later to welcome in the New Year.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done at swerving the spuds @Gwynn
Hope you are feeling more chipper soon @JFWinstone it’s hard when you’re home alone. Takeaway doesn’t have to be a disaster though - just make careful choices. Tonight I had McDonalds triple cheeseburger with extra bacon. Ditched the bun and asked for no ketchup. (I added mayo and chilli sauce at home)
Nando’s is also good, as are tandoori dishes from Indian restaurants. Sometimes a little of what you fancy can do you good, just do a little research first. Many of the chains have nutritional info online.
Back on topic I had a DD breakfast sandwich for lunch and a few of the chocolate nut squares.
I’m having a glass or 2 of bubbles tonight then starting dry January tomorrow and hopefully a month of carnivore style zero carbing.
Happy New year all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: gammon steak and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by DGF Xmas pudding cake with cream.
I’ll be partaking of my one and only alcoholic drink of the year tonight at midnight to toast in the New Year, 1/2 a glass of bubbly! Happy New Year everyone xx

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 1 slice slc bread toasted with glaucamole on top (I started well ... the thought was there). Mug of earl grey tea

Lunch - Balmoral chicken then ... 1 slice of dominos pizza from son's takeaway (I am lucky I get away with 1 slice of pizza now and then and it doesn't spike me if I stick to just the 1 slice)

Dinner - again used up small cocktail sausages that are out of date soon with a salsa dip. 1 DGF Salted Caramel Blondie warmed up in the microwave with a dollop of extra thick cream.

May or may not have some rum & diet colas later ... I have started drinking red wine again - just a glass or two some nights just because it is supposed to be good for the heart etc. I used to drink it now and then but got out of the way of it and then forgot about it so back on the wine in moderation of course and hopefully it will do me some good along the way.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast
L: ham hash cakes with leek and cream sauce. H/m veg soup

D: party nibbles , even though we didn't have a party with just 3 of us. Boys had various ready made stuff. I had a 4 mini h/m samosas, 4 mini choux bites with chorizo, cheese crisps, salsa,a sour gherkin and tzatski dip. All home made.

Have h/m profiteroles for later
Drinking soda water and lime

Happy 2021 to everyone

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Completely agree, why measure solid ingredients in cups? Makes no sense, I’ve spent ages battling with grated cheese in cups too.
I don’t think this recipe cares very much about any of it though. It’ll turn out fine whatever you feel like chucking in, I rarely weigh or measure anything accurately any more unless it’s a very carby ingredient I want to be sure about.
I must confess to using cups a lot of the time but, when it comes to things like butter I'm with you, I judge it. Sometimes I use scales and @Antje77 I even measure in g occasionally! I'm mostly a lbs & ozs person though.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 28 December - bed 6.7 FBG 6.6. Like many on here, this was a Christmas leftovers day. In my case though it was fishy stuff. It was an utterly vile day so I was glad to stay indoors.
B. TAG and two slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. King prawns, smoked salmon, salmon with lemon and parsley, leftover mini mozzarella, avocado, tomato and Marie Rose sauce. Didn't have the LC creme brulee yesterday so had it today instead.

Tuesday 29 December - Bed 6.7 FBG 7.2. Having informed Grandson that Lego was available at Tesco today involved an outing to said Tesco with Christmas money which was very successful as they'd reduced the prices again. Great value for money.
B. TAG and two slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Remains of the smoked salmon.
D. The leg of lamb I'd got for less that £6. Roasted with rosemary & garlic. Made a quick cauliflower cheese in the microwave.

Congratulations to your daughter & her partner @DJC3. Lovely news for the end of a year bereft of good news.