High sugar levels

Nancity

I have had high sugar levels for the past few years which I couldn't explain as I am great at carb counting, a couple of months ago I decided to check my insulin pen and found out this was sometimish as to whether it gave the correct dose or nothing came out!!!!!!
Since using my new pen my sugar levels, I am very pleased to say are spot on!!!!
Any experiencing unexplained, high sugars, please be checking your pen, it could be something as simple that.
Have a great New Year people, stay safe, stay well, stay positive Xx

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Glad you got it sorted and Happy New Year to you too.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't you do an airshot each time you inject? That should have picked up any problems sooner than a couple of years on xx

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Don't you do an airshot each time you inject? That should have picked up any problems sooner than a couple of years on xx
Absolutely true, but in 54 years I didn't do this once! It would be interesting to know how many do.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't want to be a show-off but....I always do an air shot, have done for 35+ years

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't want to be a show-off but....I always do an air shot, have done for 35+ years

Me too, I always thought it was an absolute must before injecting to force the needle opening or something, proves how much I know! I end up using more insulin for the test than what is actually injected!

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only been Type 1 for just over 4 years but have always done an air shot on every single injection to make sure the needle wasn't blocked etc

Reactions: Technician87