covid injection calculator

Lilylala

Hi any one used the On line covid calculator to estimated date of when to expect to be vaccinated mine came up as 1/2 /21 to 28/2 21
Any one else done there's ?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Have you got a link? My 90 year old T2 dad hasn't heard anything about his....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Mine came up between January and February 2021 but that is if the vaccination rate is 1,000,000 per week as so far only 500.000 vaccinations have been done in total I think that estimate may be a little off.

Reactions: ert

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine said March - April but I'm taking it with a large grain of salt as my friend is a doctor and it said hers would be June - September o_O

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This is what I got on changing the vaccination rate to 100,000 per week.

Given a vaccination rate of 100,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 17/02/2022 and 17/11/2022.

Or at 250000 per week it a bit better.

Given a vaccination rate of 250,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 09/06/2021 and 26/09/2021.

And of course 250,000 per week is about what they have managed so far.

Last edited:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
The ap predicts that my missus (a care home worker) will get hers this week. She's heard nothing.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine was around Easter time, I'm hoping it will actually be in 2021 :rolleyes:o_O

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I imagine he is pretty high priority before front line NHS and care home residents yet I think you'd need some local knowledge to work out precisely when he gets a call up. Hope he's okay through Christmas and gets a date soon!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

On our village Facebook group, there has been quite a lots in the last couple of days, asking about the elderly, with and without comorbidities who have, or haven't had the vaccine.

It seems a bit of a lottery, although in one nearby village those who have been "done" seem to have surnames very early in the alphabet.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Mrs Urb' got a consent form from her manager at the care home where she works, and now she's booked in to have the vaccine on 7th Jan at our local hospital.
Will be interesting to see how things pan out with 2 vaccines now approved.

Reactions: sleepster

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know most of us are already some sort of priority but thought I would pass on this info in case any of you are a main carer or have a main carer taking care of you - they have now been added to the priority list according to the National Autistic Society- you have to be registered as a carer with your GP or in receipt of Carers Allowance

https://assets.publishing.service.g...tG61lzLavg64DVQp01g5oBAzbV7Jt-O4HLDan2Zz-4whI

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I’ve just done the calculation again - it hasn’t changed question wise so no main carer question, but I’ve been demoted from February to August! So they aren’t getting through them as fast as they like to think, hope being a main carer will bump me up a bit

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I’ve just done the calculation again - it hasn’t changed question wise so no main carer question, but I’ve been demoted from February to August! So they aren’t getting through them as fast as they like to think, hope being a main carer will bump me up a bit
I’ve also been moved to between July and September, I was according to that calculator much earlier in the year.

ahhh... difference is of course this is for both doses, isn’t the plan now to have one dose earlier and then the 2nd dose later than was planned, maybe that’s the reason for the increased date?

more confusion, so unlike our government!
https://www.theguardian.com/society...octors-criticise-rescheduling-of-second-doses

guess most of us have moved later down the list then. I shouldn’t complain, being vulnerable but not extremely so and younger still counts in my favour. I am still glad I made the efforts to lose weight and get bloods down to try and do the best for myself

Last edited:
Reactions: lovinglife

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I said July but meant June, oops.
There is comment on various news sites that spreading the doses 3 months apart like they are going to do is not what the manufacturer recommends and there is little clinical evidence that it is the right thing to do

plus they have a shortage... I also heard that it depends on the makeup of your local area as to the distribution. Live in an area with a lot higher on the priority and you’ll be further down the list

So, we just wait and see I guess and lives continue to be disrupted