woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I was end March and Into April.
Not sure if it was a different calculator but I’m now between June and September.
My drs have confirmed I’m in group 6!

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I was end March and Into April.
Not sure if it was a different calculator but I’m now between June and September.
My drs have confirmed I’m in group 6!
I am the same, Group 6 - originally projecting March - April, now June-September. I guess initial vaccine date has slipped, plus calculator seems to take into account the delay of up to 12 weeks for the second dose?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My original projection was February. It is now between the end of March to the end of May.

I live in a small town but am pleased to see our health centre has a supply of the vaccine and is currently busy vaccinating the over 80's. Several people I know of in the over 80's group have had their first jab with appointments for their second. There was a queue of elderly people outside the health centre the other morning. Not good in the freezing conditions! Whether these people will receive their second jab in the allotted 3 weeks is anyone's guess at the moment.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My original projection was February. It is now between the end of March to the end of May.

I live in a small town but am pleased to see our health centre has a supply of the vaccine and is currently busy vaccinating the over 80's. Several people I know of in the over 80's group have had their first jab with appointments for their second. There was a queue of elderly people outside the health centre the other morning. Not good in the freezing conditions! Whether these people will receive their second jab in the allotted 3 weeks is anyone's guess at the moment.
The government is pushing that the 3 week slots are cancelled and more vaccinations if the initial dose are given to more people. Doctors are pushing the other way saying that the appointments made should be honored

I'm torn, I'd like some cover and spreading them out does this but if it's a risk that it doesn't cover properly then thats not good. But I don't fully agree with the vaccination priority as is anyway

Reactions: oldgreymare

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife's uncle, who is 84, hasn't heard when he is getting the vaccination yet. He was most put out when he heard that a neighbouring couple had theirs on Xmas day. Especially as "they are only 80! "

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife's uncle, who is 84, hasn't heard when he is getting the vaccination yet. He was most put out when he heard that a neighbouring couple had theirs on Xmas day. Especially as "they are only 80! "

I am guessing, but I think each GP set up will have their own priority list within each group, such as the over 80's in alphabetical order. Therefore a married couple can go together.

I believe the GPs have been told by their own governing body to use discretion about the 2nd dose thing.