Talking numbers hyper/hypo

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought we all know about false hypos, when people's numbers have been quite high for a while, experience typos when they've come down, but not actually low.

My numbers have been elevated, as I have not been on top of my game and my Fasting Bm has been increasing into the 7's and high 7's one even went onto the 8's. I found my self very tired, feeling awful, now coming back down and 6.1 this morning feeling so much better and top of the world loads of energy,
Question is, would their be such a thing as false hypers same as false hypos.

Anyone who have had good control and let slip and start feeling groggy, tired when numbers start creeping high even when techniquily not high to some who have been extremely high?
I struggled in work

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I used to have a T1 friend who felt bad once his blood sugar went over 8....

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought we all know about false hypos, when people's numbers have been quite high for a while, experience typos when they've come down, but not actually low.

My numbers have been elevated, as I have not been on top of my game and my Fasting Bm has been increasing into the 7's and high 7's one even went onto the 8's. I found my self very tired, feeling awful, now coming back down and 6.1 this morning feeling so much better and top of the world loads of energy,
Question is, would their be such a thing as false hypers same as false hypos.

Anyone who have had good control and let slip and start feeling groggy, tired when numbers start creeping high even when techniquily not high to some who have been extremely high?
I struggled in work
I feel it when I hit a 7. I used to be oblivious to a 22. So yeah.... I'd say you can feel it if you're not technically hyper, but for what you're used to, you are.

RachelK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Gastroparesis
I’ve always wondered if you can feel hyper when you aren’t truly hyper. Like if I’ve had a good run of low normal BGLs 8-11mmol/L makes me feel insanely tired and thirsty :/

Reactions: pixie1

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve always wondered if you can feel hyper when you aren’t truly hyper. Like if I’ve had a good run of low normal BGLs 8-11mmol/L makes me feel insanely tired and thirsty :/
Could possibly be the case, I've only been out of the 7s once, but been low to mid 7s. I've not been thirsty or nor the need to go the loo frequently. Only extreme tiredness

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel it when I hit a 7. I used to be oblivious to a 22. So yeah.... I'd say you can feel it if you're not technically hyper, but for what you're used to, you are.
Hmmm that's what I thought, my thinking was, if the numbers are continuing to be elevated eventually the body becomes used to it and feel fine. The exact reverse of false hypo.
I know if my numbers become high through night, I suffer from sweats
Before I was diagnosed as T2, of an Hba1c of 53, I had sweats, thinking of being menopausal

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could possibly be the case, I've only been out of the 7s once, but been low to mid 7s. I've not been thirsty or nor the need to go the loo frequently. Only extreme tiredness
My problem is that I can never tell wether I am high or low always feel the same.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For me the tighter my control the worse I feel if my levels are slightly elevated, if my range has between say 4-7 then all of a sudden I get a 9/10/11 I feel like it’s at 17/18.

Reactions: RachelK

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My problem is that I can never tell wether I am high or low always feel the same.

For me I feel top if the world, then feel drained tired, I feel great my FBT was 6.1 higher than I want. Feeling the reverse in the 7's. I think the body becomes use to higher glucose levels, which of course has it's consequences.
I finished work at 5.8, took me all day and ultra low carb ish

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For me the tighter my control the worse I feel if my levels are slightly elevated, if my range has between say 4-7 then all of a sudden I get a 9/10/11 I feel like it’s at 17/18.

That's exactly what I mean. I've only entered the levels of 8.4 once, I feel awful when I enter the 7's. When ive been really striced i keep my levels below 6.1 remain the 5's and occasional 4's.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have a T1 friend who felt bad once his blood sugar went over 8....
So people who have t1 can and do have good control, still feel bad even when numbers a not tremendously high.
It's so interesting

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's exactly what I mean. I've only entered the levels of 8.4 once, I feel awful when I enter the 7's. When ive been really striced i keep my levels below 6.1 remain the 5's and occasional 4's.

Im type 1 so to have the control you have can be mega hard, but yeah If I’m doing well what I would normally class as a not bad level such as 10/11 can seem high.