What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Sugarlisa

Great birthday cake @Sugarlisa did you make it?
@Antje77 I love those chocolate squares too, but they’re far too moreish. Even freezing them doesn’t prevent over eating as they only take a few seconds to defrost in the microwave :hilarious:

Planning OMAD today. Meant to be going on a long walk with a friend and her dog but her car’s broken down while on a visit to her dad and she’s not yet sure how she’ll get back to London! Not seen her in well over a year so am hoping she finds a solution.

In the meantime, Teaolat with cream and IP in standby for prepping of beef short rib for tonight.

Nope a local lady who makes cakes did it for him

Reactions: ianpspurs

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Yesterday cooked a tbone and had a salad ate half tbone I also had a slice if sponge cake

Went to bed with BSL 5.7 This morning BSL WAS 4.8 which I was impressed with after sponge cake last night at 10.39 then made breakfast

11.00am
Breakfast /brunch

Two slices of sourdough bread toasted with butter and made Ejjah which is an omelete using two eggs beated and mixed with freshly chopped parsley mint oregano herbs and some fried ham I ate half of the omelette but ate the toast and had a black coffee

Then Went up the road to pick up two new pairs of glasses from specsavers after getting them fitted was feeling unwell and strange after it so checked my BSL at 2.50pm my BSL was 3.7 so ate a few glucose tablets and decided to go have something to eat before going home as I was making my way run into a friend of mine who wanted to chat I explained that I needed to have something to eat as bsl is a bit low she decided to take me to a coffee shop and went and shouted me a coffee and carrot cake felt better after eating.

When came home my BSL was 5.8 then mowed the front lawn

then made dinner

dinner

Heated leftovers Chicken veal meatballs cooked in tomatoes sauce with zucchini noodles and a small plum.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sugarlisa bet your son loved that cake, Today I went as off-piste and Christmassy as I will for now - all planned. I will have a slice of panettone but it will keep for Easter or even my birthday in June. Perhaps as celebration after a vaccination and long overdue A1c. B:Tea: Mid morning: CWCSFCS: Lunch:Exercise bike: MM around 3.40: Rib of beef, Yorkshire using LC food co LC flour (5.4% carb) bought for this purpose and bread making, purple sprouting broccoli, roast kale, leek, gravy, glass of red wine from the bottle opened Christmas day.

Sugarlisa

@Sugarlisa bet your son loved that cake, Today I went as off-piste and Christmassy as I will for now - all planned. I will have a slice of panettone but it will keep for Easter or even my birthday in June. Perhaps as celebration after a vaccination and long overdue A1c. B:Tea: Mid morning: CWCSFCS: Lunch:Exercise bike: MM around 3.40: Rib of beef, Yorkshire using LC food co LC flour (5.4% carb) bought for this purpose and bread making, purple sprouting broccoli, roast kale, leek, gravy, glass of red wine from the bottle opened Christmas day.

He loved it since he loves lemon cake

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one each of slice bacon,lc toast, and egg
Lunch one slice lc toast with pate
Dinner roast chicken dinner with cauliflower cheese and a small roasted potato with glass of dry white will have DGF brownie probably orange and cranberry with cream in a bit.
Determined to go for my early swim in am lots of talk of further restrictions and or lockdown on the news today so need to go while I still can!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

One large meal today. Got home from my walk ravenous and decided that a starter was needed prior to the main. Air fried some pork belly pieces which had been coated in salt and chilli oil. Came out absolutely perfect and extra delicious. Main course was beef short ribs.

@shelley262 see Cooper still features in your new avatar. Hope you get your swim. Our pool has been closed since March and although I found another one in December, Tier 4 came in before I could get there!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No worrying nor stress, thankfully, just tedious and annoying, but also planned for as I thought it worth it (and also well deserved after both christmas and NYE having been perfectly sensible from a food point of view)!
I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with diabetes diet only, without insulin giving you the choice between easier or harder control. Being able to choose makes a giant difference for me, without insulin you can only wait it out when having a not so sensible meal or treat. I take my hat off to anyone dealing with that all the time, without cheating tools!

I hope so too!
Not sure about it being worse in winter, although december is always harsh with lots of festivities reminding me of times gone and people lost, starting with Sinterklaas (my favourite) and ending with NYE, with christmas and the 19th in between. The 19th is the day my father died 6 years ago, and my dog died last year.
I think periodic dark moods are simply part of me any time of the year, and december makes it worse.
But like always, it will get better!
I can relate to that. Christmas & New Year's Eve is the worst as you say for loved one's lost. All the firsts in particular. I'm going to visit my brother again tomorrow as goodness knows what other restrictions will be placed on us by tomorrow afternoon. We were only averaging 17 infections a day out of the 2000 - 2600 daily infections but I suspect the full reveal on Tuesday will be something else for 5 days. I'll be distracted shortly anyway teaching eldest grandson as I cannot see schools going back much before February now. Sending you hugs @Antje77 - at least the days are getting longer again!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1 January bed 6.7 FBG 5.6 after my awakening in the early hours. Very slippy out and since there has been no gritting going on I got Hubby to grit the pavements with the bags of grit we got in Tesco. Otherwise a day of doing very little.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with pate.
L. Naughty - I ate one Truffle!
D. I really enjoyed the bread with chicken etc yesterday so, 2 slices of SLC bread (buttered), remains of yesterday's chicken, 1/2 avocado, sliced tomato, coleslaw and mayo. 2 squares 85%.

2 January Bed 6.3 FBG 5.9

Another frosty day but the Tesco grit is doing it's stuff. Decided to wander out as I was getting bored with the poor play from the Hibees so left Hubby to turn the air blue in glorious isolation.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Out - this was when I got the latest bottle of gin (blood orange) having consumed 3 of the blackcurrant one on Hogmanay.
D. Ribs! Got some pork ribs which I applied a rub to before air frying. Had with a sour cream dip and the last of the coleslaw. 2 squares 85%.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can relate to that. Christmas & New Year's Eve is the worst as you say for loved one's lost.
Isn't it tradition in the UK to sing For Auld Lang Syne at the changing of the year to remember? I like that!

We don't have that (although we have our own traditions, and the melody of the song is mostly associated with soccer around here :hilarious:
- "Netherlands, oh Netherlands, you are the champion ('kam-pe-youn'), we love Orange ('O-ran-juh') for all it's deeds". Mind, we haven't been 'de kampioen' mostly, but that's no reason not to sing and celebrate in orange :hilarious:)

Now, as not to derail too much, I've had the rest of the string beans, simply with butter and salt, very yummy, and baked the second batch of the tuna things. Batter from the fridge with the egg whisked in at the last moment worked perfectly, so now I know how to save batter for later and still have fluffy silky tuna things!

edit: Wow! I didn't expect the video to be embedded, I expected only a link for whoever would be bored enough to click it! :D And I don't even like soccer, nor this singer :sorry:.

PiersAaron

Today, 01032021, I ate the following:

1. 4 cups of decaf coffee with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk;

2. Chopped romaine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, white onion half diced, black olives , Popeyes fried chicken breast (with all breading removed) which was topped with homemade lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning and powdered garlic (plus salt and pepper); and

3. Handful of pistachios.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a bit of a sleep in after all yesterday's partying. Fbg still high 6s and 7s :(
Protracted break fast from 11:00 of ff greek with chia seeds, pate, bits of a bad avocado, coffee with almond milk, some 100% montezumas

30 minute stroll, bitterly cold but lovely full rainbow followed by sleet.

D: 2 heck 97% sausages in an lc Yorkshire batter. Mine rose better than the normal batter the boys had. Broccoli. One glass red. Then half a toasted tea cake with butter. Not very nice as was underbaked and stodgy. Wish I hadn't wasted the carbs on it.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@PiersAaron -- Welcome to the thread and to the forum. The food sounds great.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Early lunch (only ate little yesterday, so very hungry): A pizza with a crust made from three eggs, oat fiber, sesame and linseed (turned out to be a bit on the dry side) with creme fraiche, cheddar, arugula and bresaola.

Dinner: A bit of cheese, fried veal cubes with a smallish serving of h/m sate sauce.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 2nd FGB 8.6
Breakfast ...bacon tinned tomatoes and 2 slices of wholemeal toast cup of tea ( 40 carbs )
Lunch cheese on toast ( I do like bread too much ) with peppers.
3 chocolates and small amount of mixed nuts 2 Ryvita's with butter.
Evening meal small potion of fish and chips with curry sauce ( no idea of carb content .

Sunday 3rd FBG of 9.3 probably a reflection of the evening meal and lack of sleep ( on an early shift so up at 5.30 )
A few slices of ham and some smoked cheese about 8 am then Breakfast at 11 am of 2 wholemeal toast and 2 boiled eggs
slice of roast pork as a snack .( 37 carbs )
lunch ( late 3pm ) small amount of baked beans on one w/m toast , few nuts and a cup of coffee ( 30 carbs )
Evening meal h/m chicken curry and 2 tablespoonful of rice ( 30 carbs )
Total carbs around the 100g

PiersAaron

Today, 01032021, I ate the following:

1. 4 cups of decaf coffee with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk;

2. Chopped romaine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, white onion half diced, black olives , Popeyes fried chicken breast (with all breading removed) which was topped with homemade lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning and powdered garlic (plus salt and pepper); and

3. Handful of pistachios.

Edited to add dinner as follows:

4. About 3 oz.. of summer sausage from Aldi with cheddar cheese. And about 1/2 cup of guacamole (roughly equiivalent to one medium Haas avocado) with pork rinds in lieu of chips/crisps.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had wonderful swim this morning and booked rest of week but it’s looking highly unlikely with Boris announcement due at 8 tonight - feeling fed up about it all but determined to keep some early morning exercise so I will switch to early am forest walk if not able to swim. Also my landline phone line and internet has been down all day so reliant on my mobile data. Bt say they will fix by end of Thursday.
Late breakfast- needed to do lot of sorting for autistic son so got to 11 before could eat - swimming makes me hungry so was very ready for it - one slice of bacon and egg with hm lc toast
Mid pm grabbed a cooked chicken leg
Dinner frittata with salads followed by DGF strawberries and cream cake with cream.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday worked for bg, taste, sleeping and GoutyMcGoutface. Unusual but sanity restored by slightly higher fbg. Weirdly 1 kg down. Monday’s effort: B:Tea: Mid morning: CWCSFHS: Lunch: Tea: MM: Beef salad with spinach powder and flaxseed sprinkles - should probably have been something warm/hot but nothing lc interested me. Chips and tomato sauce did though!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was cooking for others today so probably too many tastings of soup and cheese straws went into my mouth as well as
11:30 2 scrambled eggs
12:30 chorizo and bean soup (only 1 tin plain beans in 8 portions)
17:00 mini frittata muffin things with eggs cheese and home grown spinach 3 sqs 70% with salted caramel... trouble is stopping eating this. It just triggers "the eat it all" craving