A new year, a new start

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Determined to make a proper go of things this year.

My last post here was Feb 2020

Bad year for everyone.

30th November 2018 Keto had got me down to 15st 8 lb
2nd Oct 2019 I was 18st 11 lb

Weighed myself yesterday,. I was 127.3 kilo which converts to 20st 1 lb. This was in the afternoon, tomorrow I will weigh myself when I first get up and enter it in my sig as a new start.

I feel fat (I am fat, but don't usually feel it, kind of hard to explain), getting out of breath really easily and my asthma seems to be worse.

On lots of needed meds for various things which doesn't help.

The only exercise I can do virtually pain free is swimming, due to lock down, this hasn't been happening which hasn't helped things, missing that burst of energy (or feeling good) after a swim.

So from tomorrow, I'm back on Keto. Hopefully this time I can stick at it.

Just checked my blood level, (about 1.5 hours after lunch) and it's 16.3 mmol (mind you, strips expired almost a year ago).

Am ordering new strips today. Presume my SD Codefree is still best value for money strip wise?

(EDIT: Just ordered CareSens Dual Blood Glucose and Ketone Meter)

I find Keto makes my nausea worse than usual and as I suffer from IBS, it makes also my IBS bad. I've tried eliminating this and that, but no difference. Not talking about keto flu in first few weeks, I'm talking permanently.

However, it's the only diet that really works for me so I'm just going to have to persevere

Hopefully I'll stick it out and shed those stone :)

Last edited:

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just wanted to say good luck with the new start. I’m sure there will be plenty of people that can offer you support and encouragement.

Time to put your best foot forward and persevere! Good luck

Reactions: Ojustaboo

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back. Again offering my support to this new start. I'm sure you will be one of many.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ojustaboo

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Determined to make a proper go of things this year.

My last post here was Feb 2020

Bad year for everyone.

30th November 2018 Keto had got me down to 15st 8 lb
2nd Oct 2019 I was 18st 11 lb

Weighed myself yesterday,. I was 127.3 kilo which converts to 20st 1 lb. This was in the afternoon, tomorrow I will weigh myself when I first get up and enter it in my sig as a new start.

I feel fat (I am fat, but don't usually feel it, kind of hard to explain), getting out of breath really easily and my asthma seems to be worse.

On lots of needed meds for various things which doesn't help.

The only exercise I can do virtually pain free is swimming, due to lock down, this hasn't been happening which hasn't helped things, missing that burst of energy (or feeling good) after a swim.

So from tomorrow, I'm back on Keto. Hopefully this time I can stick at it.

Just checked my blood level, (about 1.5 hours after lunch) and it's 16.3 mmol (mind you, strips expired almost a year ago).

Am ordering new strips today. Presume my SD Codefree is still best value for money strip wise?

(EDIT: Just ordered CareSens Dual Blood Glucose and Ketone Meter)

I find Keto makes my nausea worse than usual and as I suffer from IBS, it makes also my IBS bad. I've tried eliminating this and that, but no difference. Not talking about keto flu in first few weeks, I'm talking permanently.

However, it's the only diet that really works for me so I'm just going to have to persevere

Hopefully I'll stick it out and shed those stone :)
If you're willing to try new things... IBS has been virtually non-existant for me since going carnivore. (Meat, poultry, fish, eggs etc. Be ready for a massive carb flu, and have electrolytes at hand!!!) I already knew I couldn't handle seeds and such well, but didn't realise vegetables were problematic too until I cut those out. Keto actually made it better than it was already, as grain doesn't agree with me on any level, it seems, but there was more bothering me after all...! I had a tiny bit of onion yesterday as a component of my egg salad, and I'm still regretting it. Not saying go carnivore for life, but maybe treat it as an elimination diet. Add stuff in after a month or two, and see what happens.

Just an idea though, it's a bit hard-core maybe. I just hope you feel better doon!
Hugs,
Jo

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you're willing to try new things... IBS has been virtually non-existant for me since going carnivore. (Meat, poultry, fish, eggs etc. Be ready for a massive carb flu, and have electrolytes at hand!!!) I already knew I couldn't handle seeds and such well, but didn't realise vegetables were problematic too until I cut those out. Keto actually made it better than it was already, as grain doesn't agree with me on any level, it seems, but there was more bothering me after all...! I had a tiny bit of onion yesterday as a component of my egg salad, and I'm still regretting it. Not saying go carnivore for life, but maybe treat it as an elimination diet. Add stuff in after a month or two, and see what happens.

Just an idea though, it's a bit hard-core maybe. I just hope you feel better doon!
Hugs,
Jo

Thanks, that's something I may look into

Reactions: JoKalsbeek