UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

What is the latest news on covid and diabetes,

I know my health isn't great my hba1c is high and my blood sugars are high,

But yet im not a vulnerable person who i cannot shield, personally i will tell my manager i will be staying home till i am better i hope everyone else stays safe

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

What is the latest news on covid and diabetes,

I know my health isn't great my hba1c is high and my blood sugars are high,

But yet im not a vulnerable person who i cannot shield, personally i will tell my manager i will be staying home till i am better i hope everyone else stays safe
There's an announcement today at 2000 but if we aren't told to shield and we can't work from home then we are in a difficult position

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It all depends on where you are!
At the moment, I'm in tier two, we should be at least tier three because of the big rise.
But I'm in the north.
The three other nations in U.K.have already gone into lockdown, but usual Boris is dithering, blustering, blithering his way onto television tonight at 8pm.
Wether he changes tact on the tier system and follows the others we will find out later.
The only thing that if we do go into lockdown again, it should include air travel which has never been clamped down, the same with the ferries. It should only be trade and not for leisure.
Also a clampdown on some supermarkets, they have security but the numbers in stores are over the top.

Stay warm, stay safe.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's an announcement today at 2000 but if we aren't told to shield and we can't work from home then we are in a difficult position
I will wait and see what Boris Johnson says and will speak to the USDAW and get advice, obviously if my blood sugars were better and i was able to get sleep i would go but now i will discuss with
It all depends on where you are!
At the moment, I'm in tier two, we should be at least tier three because of the big rise.
But I'm in the north.
The three other nations in U.K.have already gone into lockdown, but usual Boris is dithering, blustering, blithering his way onto television tonight at 8pm.
Wether he changes tact on the tier system and follows the others we will find out later.
The only thing that if we do go into lockdown again, it should include air travel which has never been clamped down, the same with the ferries. It should only be trade and not for leisure.
Also a clampdown on some supermarkets, they have security but the numbers in stores are over the top.

Stay warm, stay safe.

Yes, Supermarkets are letting in so many customers, the store i work at, at one point my friend who works on fresh was telling me there was at least 30 people on aisle 3, and probably more on the shopfloor, the managers dont care they only want to make money which is why i will be calling USDAW tomorrow to get some advice.
:woot:

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will wait and see what Boris Johnson says and will speak to the USDAW and get advice, obviously if my blood sugars were better and i was able to get sleep i would go but now i will discuss with

Yes, Supermarkets are letting in so many customers, the store i work at, at one point my friend who works on fresh was telling me there was at least 30 people on aisle 3, and probably more on the shopfloor, the managers dont care they only want to make money which is why i will be calling USDAW tomorrow to get some advice.
Original lockdown with one way system and enforced distance was better
Since relaxation and mask wearing the clients of the stores have decided distance is optional. I've already had a couple of rows with people who won't keep distance. Nearly got attacked by one

The stores need to step in

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

If you can speak to your GP or medical team, they will recommend that you should be shielded. Obviously, it all depends if you are able to take time off.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can speak to your GP or medical team, they will recommend that you should be shielded. Obviously, it all depends if you are able to take time off.
Yes, the problem is, i haven't been able to book a appointment with my GP, for several weeks, receptionists told me evey time "call back tomorrow" got fed up and haven't called since then, i do have some back and fourth with my DN on emails either way i will get advice tomorrow.

Reactions: Lamont D

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Original lockdown with one way system and enforced distance was better
Since relaxation and mask wearing the clients of the stores have decided distance is optional. I've already had a couple of rows with people who won't keep distance. Nearly got attacked by one

The stores need to step in
The one-way system was very on point, but nobody actually followed it, the green-light system nobody actually follows it, the customers get away with it, our store doesn't have security at all, in fact colleagues were given the job to direct the greenlight system rather than security which i feel was unfair some women did get bad mouthed by customers. P.S i am on about the store i work at not every Tesco.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
During the first lockdown, the problem at my local supermarket was employees blocking aisles whilst they nattered to each other, closer than 2m apart. If the store don't enforce it for their staff, what's the chance of them enforcing it for customers?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
During the first lockdown, the problem at my local supermarket was employees blocking aisles whilst they nattered to each other, closer than 2m apart. If the store don't enforce it for their staff, what's the chance of them enforcing it for customers?

That's very true, employees do chatter in the aisles and the managers are friendly with them as long as they're working, in my store i have even raised that question to the manager as well, but they dont care

Reactions: In Response

Mo.Ali

I have type 2 and was furloughed in the first lockdown but now gov has changed shielding criteria and have no option but to go to work! I work in public transport and very worried about being infected and passing it to my wife who is also diabetic and daughter with asthma

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have type 2 and was furloughed in the first lockdown but now gov has changed shielding criteria and have no option but to go to work! I work in public transport and very worried about being infected and passing it to my wife who is also diabetic and daughter with asthma

That's what i don't understand, in March i was high risk but now im low risk? Ridiculous.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Teachers back at school since September and retail workers mingling with the great unwashed every day when the pandemic was at its peak yet... no signal that either of these groups are at any greater risk than the rest of the workers. Nhs and care home staff need vaccination because they are a little more exposed but mainly because they are caring for the very vulnerable.
I agree that is feels unfair that certain middle class professions can sit at home to work but it doesn't mean you are at risk.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Teachers back at school since September and retail workers mingling with the great unwashed every day when the pandemic was at its peak yet... no signal that either of these groups are at any greater risk than the rest of the workers. Nhs and care home staff need vaccination because they are a little more exposed but mainly because they are caring for the very vulnerable.
I agree that is feels unfair that certain middle class professions can sit at home to work but it doesn't mean you are at risk.

Personally, its the fact that boris Johnson mentioned this new strain of the viruses is more transmissible, 70% more, so that's got me, and a few other in my family worried. Now even my dad isnt going to work based on the new strain being more transmissible, i really hope it isnt but we will see.