Vaccines

anitas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All
I am type 1 diabetic and just wondering whe we are due to get our vaccine Are we classed as vulnerable or having underlying issues?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome. My vaccine jab, which I'm happy to have, was due in April, but now it has been put back to June/September.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: oldgreymare

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome. My vaccine jab, which I'm happy to have, was due in April, but now it has been put back to June/September.
If you're using the calculator I think the change is due to the delay between the 1st and 2nd jab. If I am correct you should get your 1st jab, at the original time.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're using the calculator I think the change is due to the delay between the 1st and 2nd jab. If I am correct you should get your 1st jab, at the original time.
Things changing every day, like teachers are moving up the list according to some news sources. I'll trust the dates when I'm in the chair being jabbed!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Things changing every day, like teachers are moving up the list according to some news sources. I'll trust the dates when I'm in the chair being jabbed!

Just watched the news conference. That is not factual. Sticking to the original plan where they protect the people who are most likely to die. Which I think is right. The reason being that you may be younger, have the vaccine, and yet still be able to spread the virus. That is what they don’t know yet. So that young person who is thankfully less likely to die may still pass it on to someone more likely to. Which will still clog up the NHS and keep us in lockdown.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just watched the news conference. That is not factual. Sticking to the original plan where they protect the people who are most likely to die. Which I think is right. The reason being that you may be younger, have the vaccine, and yet still be able to spread the virus. That is what they don’t know yet. So that young person who is thankfully less likely to die may still pass it on to someone more likely to. Which will still clog up the NHS and keep us in lockdown.
A great deal of what Boris says deviant feel factual a lot of the time, but then he's a well know liar, so hard for me to trust him

the point I was making is that there is a lot of (mis)information about and it is constantly changing. I know those in the very first cohort, my partner is one as a care worker and even getting that vaccine done is a shambles. I'm afraid our "leaders" approach to this whole pandemic is shambolic and has led to more pain than it should have done.

But... All that said, they are rolling out vaccines, we are moving further forward than some countries. So there's that...

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All
I am type 1 diabetic and just wondering whe we are due to get our vaccine Are we classed as vulnerable or having underlying issues?
According to Government seems to be underlying health issues and age that clarifies where we should all be. I am type 1 - so 6 th / 7 th catagory on list as not 60 till June.

Last edited:

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hers-jab-priority-list-classrooms-reopen.html