Keto slimfast

Newly diagnosed

Hi all!
I’m not keto but found this slimfast keto shake, it’s fairly low in carbs and sugar, just wondering if it would be any good for lunch/breakfast when I’m working, has anyone tried it?
I’m guessing it would be a try and test thing? Any advice welcome!

Newly diagnosed

E9E96785-3EC9-41D5-9791-287D05B295F6.png

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried this, very heavy on artificial sweetener, it wasn't pleasant.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all!
I’m not keto but found this slimfast keto shake, it’s fairly low in carbs and sugar, just wondering if it would be any good for lunch/breakfast when I’m working, has anyone tried it?
I’m guessing it would be a try and test thing? Any advice welcome!

Personally I'd go for coffee with double cream over that .. I'd hate to see the ingredient list!

Last edited:

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes. And I read 4.4 of carbs per serving - and as that is nearly a quarter of a keto carb grammage (I go for 20g as a daily carb goal, ideally, for myself) - that's a lot of it for a drink. I realise that you @Newly diagnosed, were not trying this for a keto eating regime, but just saying.

Also - sucralose and a faux-sweetener - acesulfame K - I have never even heard of before! This looks dodgy for sure. Worth looking it up online?

I personally would make yourself a shake from your own ingredients - with a good quality unsweetened coconut milk as a base (as this one is supposed to be). Get a good old stevia sweetened shake powder and your own vanilla - sounds yummy. (And those old fashioned milk-shakers are pretty cheap too?)