What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.4 for me today.

@DJC3 -- Good luck on your new job. You'll rock it.
@mojo37 -- Happy belated birthday.
@Mrs T 123 -- Yes, wine the night before usually lowers my blood sugar levels a bit (maybe in the neighborhood of 0.3 to 0.5 mmol). Would be interesting to see what others' experiences are re wine and fasting levels?
@RachelK -- Welcome to the thread and to the forum.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.4 for me today.

@DJC3 -- Good luck on your new job. You'll rock it.
@mojo37 -- Happy belated birthday.
@Mrs T 123 -- Yes, wine the night before usually lowers my blood sugar levels a bit (maybe in the neighborhood of 0.3 to 0.5 mmol). Would be interesting to see what others' experiences are re wine and fasting levels?
@RachelK -- Welcome to the thread and to the forum.
Re: the wine does it make any difference whether it is red or white? x

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone for the good luck messages re my new job. It went ok I think but the office is very cold. I need more jumpers.
Happy belated birthday @mojo37
Today’s fbg a disappointing 6.3.
I am sure you smashed it - keep warm and stay safe Mrs x

Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning.

Now normally this would have had me worried given it was a fasting day yesterday but I have some observation to share.

You see I have noticed that every time my average reading on fasting day is in region of 5.5 to 6.4 the next morning I have a significant fat weight reduction and this morning not only was that significant, I also had my first breakthrough in getting the visceral fat number down from 12 to 10 on the smart scale.

My running theory is that liver dump on fasting day causes higher numbers and it takes some kind of push for visceral fat to be utilised for energy and when that happens on a fasting day it brings the visceral fat number down.. its just a theory ofcourse - am no expert but can't really complain if the BG numbers are still below the dangerous 7.5 and the bad fat is getting out of my system then I guess I can live with slightly elevated numbers for a few days. :D

Last edited: