NHS Tayside

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't have a clue if there's anyone on here from up my way but if there is has anyone had any word on when the Libre 2 will be rolled out in this area?
xx

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi kaylz91

I in with NHS Grampian and have not heard anything about Libre 2 as yet

h884

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Hi I’m with nhs forth valley , I’ve been on the Libre 1 for quite some time few years I think , I heard about it through my diabetic consultant during a routine appointment , as these aren’t happening any more I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be a while before anything happens regarding “ roll outs” etc . To be honest I haven’t even looked into the Libre 2 , the Libre I have at the moment seems to do the job just fine . It’s so much better than the old finger prick ,besides COVID seems to be the only thing on the agenda at the mo.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ushthetaff yes while the Libre 1 is a great piece of kit I'd be less likely to ignore being low if an alarm was going off, my OCD is a massive struggle at the moment due to Covid and uncaring people around so it is consuming a lot of my time and I am ignoring lows to try and clean up behind people my mum allows in the house

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ushthetaff yes while the Libre 1 is a great piece of kit I'd be less likely to ignore being low if an alarm was going off, my OCD is a massive struggle at the moment due to Covid and uncaring people around so it is consuming a lot of my time and I am ignoring lows to try and clean up behind people my mum allows in the house

I live in the Midlands, and I really want the Libre 2, because of the alarm feature. It’s better than manually scanning my sensor every five minutes when I’m being active.