Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Good morning all.
Well here we go again, and in my own opinion it’s too late. Husband’s friend whose helping to find hospital beds has info that tells us this. An ex colleague of husband’s, who we’re relieved is now off a ventilator and recovering, has been moved to a hospital about 80 miles away to make room for the next Covid patient.
I, too, am sad that we’re so restricted @Choosehappy and feel for you not being able to go abroad or to a restaurant. I’m an oldie, so I’ve more of that under my belt than the rest of you, and we’ve both been living a form of lockdown life anyway being both of us in our 70s. We’re not going to risk it. I do wish, though, that it weren’t so wet out. Our lovely next door neighbours got us fish and chips on Sunday night and it’s the first takeaway fish and chips we’ve had for months. It’s not much, but it was a wonderful treat.
I ordered a box of grow your own mushrooms a few weeks ago and set the mycelium going a couple of weeks ago. I gave one to our next door neighbour too. 2021 will be the year of the mushroom babies.
@Fairygodmother Yes, I think we need to just try and make this year different and exciting in any way we possibly can and the mushrooms sounds brilliant!

I am going to have a day soon where I draw out some goals for us during lockdown and for after - whenever that may be - places we want to see and things we have missed doing! I would also like to find a way I can help those affected by covid in some way, maybe volunteering for a community phone line is something I am thinking of doing ❤️

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, it's been a very busy day, not working today and for the time being I don't want to do the school run, as my health comes first and I don't want to compromise it, in a confined place with children.. What the outcome will be, I don't know.
On a good note, single figures on waking and before lunch.
Take care and stay safe X

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree it's too late. It was obvious before Christmas that we would be in lockdown now. A patient from London who was critically ill, was transported to Leeds for an ICU bed, and have read of others being moved around the country. Dangerous for the patient, and if they sadly don't recover, their family may not be well enough to travel to say their goodbyes, even if the hospital allow it. Absolutely heartbreaking for them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered a box of grow your own mushrooms a few weeks ago and set the mycelium going a couple of weeks ago. I gave one to our next door neighbour too. 2021 will be the year of the mushroom babies.

Don't keep us in the dark with the mushroom cultivation. ;)

Seriously. Maybe some photos of the progress, as it goes along...? :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

How is everyone?

I’m welcoming in the new year with a strict January, really focusing on my health and hope to be able to tick the month of as a job well done at the end! We shall see...

Very sad to hear about the March style lockdown but of course to be expected with that there doesn’t seem to be any slowing down as of yet

I can’t wait to go abroad or to a restaurant but I remind myself that I am just very very lucky to still be here! And that generations have gone through much worse

Thinking of everyone and hope you are staying safe ❤️

Hi,

I'm thinking of investing in a "green screen." Been writing new songs during these lock downs.. Just for fun, got two albums worth of stuff..
Video wise. A little short of ideas with old band footage & the location either being around our makeshift studios or me posturing in my house... Apart from one of the bands I'm a member of. I haven't seen the others since the first lockdown.

Lol, may even take a few photos with the wife & I hanging out in Asia? Which would have been, what could have been..

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning Karen, morning all. So here we are again, locked down, and at a bad time of year for it. However! I'm not about to complain, I can't change what other people do, including those who make decisions, so it's a case of managing what I do, including being thankful for where I live, not having to worry about work, having my dog and being able to get out every day and walk in beautiful landscapes, being in a bubble with a very good local friend who I see most days, and being able to get groceries by collecting again. I really feel for all those in a much worse situation, and hope you all are staying safe and well. I often think about @LooperCat; if you're still looking in at all, do let us know how you're doing. Hope you're staying as safe as possible.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Peeking up above the parapet with a potent mixture of exhaustion, (yes, this early in the term we are exhausted) exasperation, and excessive expectations weighing on all of us in education.

But, on we go...

I was pondering the meaning of the noisy fireworks far too close to my house last night and concluded they were not celebrating either Epiphany or Orthodox Christmas. It has been an excessively stretched fireworks season around here.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Peeking up above the parapet with a potent mixture of exhaustion, (yes, this early in the term we are exhausted) exasperation, and excessive expectations weighing on all of us in education.

But, on we go...

I was pondering the meaning of the noisy fireworks far too close to my house last night and concluded they were not celebrating either Epiphany or Orthodox Christmas. It has been an excessively stretched fireworks season around here.

Fireworks?
New Years was foggy my way. Though there were a few bursts of them at midnight here & there. We couldn't see them?
Then on the following Sunday night, some were let off too..

But then, bonfire night seems to get spread out in November..

Pretty foggy today..

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Don't keep us in the dark with the mushroom cultivation. ;)

Seriously. Maybe some photos of the progress, as it goes along...? :)
Sorry, I’ve been malingering with hurty teeth. But I will keep updating mushroom progress.
The spiders web of mycellium threads is growing thicker and one or two small white nodules have appeared so I’m really hoping . . They’re white mushrooms, all the chestnut ones had been sold, chestnut ones are the favourite here too.
On a good note, I went to get teeth checked at the dentist yesterday and had surprise root canal work. Back in two weeks to replace the temporary filling with a permanent one. Hooray for dental services. All very well protected with masks etc.
Photos of mushrooms later. I find fungi fascinating, we have so little appreciation of the work they do delivering water and nutrients to growing plants.

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning Karen, morning all. So here we are again, locked down, and at a bad time of year for it. However! I'm not about to complain, I can't change what other people do, including those who make decisions, so it's a case of managing what I do, including being thankful for where I live, not having to worry about work, having my dog and being able to get out every day and walk in beautiful landscapes, being in a bubble with a very good local friend who I see most days, and being able to get groceries by collecting again. I really feel for all those in a much worse situation, and hope you all are staying safe and well. I often think about @LooperCat; if you're still looking in at all, do let us know how you're doing. Hope you're staying as safe as possible.
Yes, I think about @LooperCat every time I hear of the way Wales is overwhelmed. I do hope she’s ok.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

But, on we go...
How do you feel about communal worship being
How do you feel about communal worship being allowed?
I know it provides relief and support for people, but is it safe in an enclosed space?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all (just!). My trip to the enclosed field was the best yet in the sense that it was so frozen that both dog and I left there as clean as when we arrived, and after she'd had a really good run. It's foggy here too @Jaylee, seemed to spook my dog a little at first as she couldn't see to the end of the field. Didn't stop her chasing birds though.

Hope you all have a good day, and stay safe.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know it provides relief and support for people, but is it safe in an enclosed space?
I'm worried that communal worship is still being allowed in England. Our church has been closed since last March due to the logistics of getting a big congregation into a medium sized church, we would need many services per Sunday etc. Relatives in Ireland had a local church that held a service, all according to guidelines, and quite a few people caught Covid, with some sadly dying.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm worried that communal worship is still being allowed in England. Our church has been closed since last March due to the logistics of getting a big congregation into a medium sized church, we would need many services per Sunday etc. Relatives in Ireland had a local church that held a service, all according to guidelines, and quite a few people caught Covid, with some sadly dying.
That’s sad. And it was a church service that spread the virus to other provinces in South Korea.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mushroom growing in process (if I get the photo uploaded)

2DEFCAB4-232D-4E3F-B499-B89347EEF07C.jpeg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I wish it were not. I am hoping if enough of our lot vote with their feet and stay home that we will hit the point where it will not be worth opening until All This Is Over. The Food Bank keeps going quietly behind the scenes, I keep in touch with the younger element and point them in the direction of things to support them, other people keep in touch with the housebound, and frankly, the service as it currently happens does not really provide what I go to church for. I have a prayer routine at home which suits me better in these times.

We do keep the doors open, and some windows open, during the Sunday service. Which is helping to keep some people away whilst it is being too cold for them. We've also never hit current capacity numbers and being good Anglicans, we spread out well anyway without being told to!

I am actually more concerned about the nursery folk who use the adjoining hall premises and the shared facilities for hall and church. So, I no longer do any organ practise during the week or do more than drop in the paperwork I'm responsible for on Wednesday night after they've all gone, wearing disposable gloves going in and out, and disposing of them ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbanracer

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fireworks?
New Years was foggy my way. Though there were a few bursts of them at midnight here & there. We couldn't see them?
Then on the following Sunday night, some were let off too..

But then, bonfire night seems to get spread out in November..

Pretty foggy today..

Fireworks. Definitely. I found at least two of the remains in my garden this morning and the rest I saw as I went out for my constitutional as they'd let them all off from a small piece of grassed open ground rather than their own garden the other side of the fence.

We got off lightly, in some ways, this year as Diwali fell close enough to Bonfire Night and was after it, so we didn't get the strung out from mid-October we can get when Diwali is before Bonfire Night. I put down excessive November fireworks more to Lockdown 2 frustrations, so I suppose I could be generous and put this down to that, discovering the debris out on the open ground kind of killed any sense of generosity I had.