What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning. I guess liver dump with DP was on full display this morning. Anyway a fasting day today so this should come down or at the very least visceral fat should. We shall see.

Have a great last day of the first week of year 2021 :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning. I guess liver dump with DP was on full display this morning. Anyway a fasting day today so this should come down or at the very least visceral fat should. We shall see.

Have a great last day of the first week of year 2021 :)
Are you measuring visceral fat, @nutribolt ?

Sandra19440

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Mine was 6.8 and had 1 cup of tea so far and its now 7.5. Have just come off gliclazide becausde my hba1c was 34. Why this high not had brekki yet. Milk in tea perhaps. Any advice welcome

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you measuring visceral fat, @nutribolt ?

I am yes.. It shows on the Smart Meter my wife got for me few years back and it shows Visceral fat... its not accurate like a medical test but it gives a reasonable idea.

Included the screenshot from todays measure on the smart meter app if it helps...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-114149_EufyLife.jpg
    Screenshot_20210108-114149_EufyLife.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am yes.. It shows on the Smart Meter my wife got for me few years back and it shows Visceral fat... its not accurate like a medical test but it gives a reasonable idea.

Included the screenshot from todays measure on the smart meter app if it helps...
Thanks, @nutribolt .That does seem rather smart.
I have bathroom scales that give similar info, though not quite as good as yours.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning.

Now normally this would have had me worried given it was a fasting day yesterday but I have some observation to share.

You see I have noticed that every time my average reading on fasting day is in region of 5.5 to 6.4 the next morning I have a significant fat weight reduction and this morning not only was that significant, I also had my first breakthrough in getting the visceral fat number down from 12 to 10 on the smart scale.

My running theory is that liver dump on fasting day causes higher numbers and it takes some kind of push for visceral fat to be utilised for energy and when that happens on a fasting day it brings the visceral fat number down.. its just a theory ofcourse - am no expert but can't really complain if the BG numbers are still below the dangerous 7.5 and the bad fat is getting out of my system then I guess I can live with slightly elevated numbers for a few days. :D
How do you measure your fat reduction/visceral fat reduction?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Mrs T 123