Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Hi all.
I haven't been on here for ages. I am really struggling with my levels at the moment.
I will post a diff thread on that, but what is confusing me is......my GP told me ages ago that I am classed as more vulnerable due to the not well controlled T2 plus a blood condition. I always get invited for a Flu jab.(am not in the extreme or shield cat)
My surgery is taking no part in the C19 vaccination process despite being huge! Our small town is using the community hall where they do blood donors etc.
What I am wondering is...it appears I am in group 6 (18-64 with underlying conds) rather than G7...over 60's.
How do the vaccination providers get the info that you are in that group rather than calling you by age?
I have to say my M.H is really poor at the mo and having lost a very healthy friend in her early 50's to Covid last week I am becoming very anxious and tearful.
I feel so daft because I am usually so strong but am feelingvat tge end of my tether!
Thanks. X
Everyone stay safe. X

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I suspect the doctors are providing the lists of who is in which category for medical conditions.

Reactions: Geminigirl

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was told it's all controlled based on medical records. They have grouped everyone already and are contacting in order.

This may change based on how many new vaccines are produced, but group 6 is going to be into the summer.

It doesn't matter where you are in the country, small or large its done in groups

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was told it's all controlled based on medical records. They have grouped everyone already and are contacting in order.

This may change based on how many new vaccines are produced, but group 6 is going to be into the summer.

It doesn't matter where you are in the country, small or large its done in groups
Given I know of care home assistants who are top priority and still not done, it isn’t quite going as fast as would be liked but maybe the 12 week delay between shots will speed things up

well unless your son is the prime minister in which case they give you both doses a lot quicker

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food

Geminigirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spicy food
Given I know of care home assistants who are top priority and still not done, it isn’t quite going as fast as would be liked but maybe the 12 week delay between shots will speed things up

well unless your son is the prime minister in which case they give you both doses a lot quicker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all.
I haven't been on here for ages. I am really struggling with my levels at the moment.
I will post a diff thread on that, but what is confusing me is......my GP told me ages ago that I am classed as more vulnerable due to the not well controlled T2 plus a blood condition. I always get invited for a Flu jab.(am not in the extreme or shield cat)
My surgery is taking no part in the C19 vaccination process despite being huge! Our small town is using the community hall where they do blood donors etc.
What I am wondering is...it appears I am in group 6 (18-64 with underlying conds) rather than G7...over 60's.
How do the vaccination providers get the info that you are in that group rather than calling you by age?
I have to say my M.H is really poor at the mo and having lost a very healthy friend in her early 50's to Covid last week I am becoming very anxious and tearful.
I feel so daft because I am usually so strong but am feelingvat tge end of my tether!
Thanks. X
Everyone stay safe. X

The NHS I believe, as it would take too long to get info from all the GP's, also my GP doesn't have anything to do with my diabetes, it's my hospital.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The information is gathered just as the flu jab is, medical records are used and your GPs update the information, if you get a new condition.
I'm in group 5, the wife in group 4, and the father in law is in group two, I am really hoping because of my anxiety, all of us can be done together like the flu jab.

Take care, stay safe.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Out of interest in the vaccine priority list there is a morbidly obese (bmi over 40) category too but this doesn't trump diabetes status but may be useful for the pre diabetic who is also quite obese.
My husband is 50 and his gender and weight (40+ bmi) make me more worried on his behalf than I am on my own.
I too hope for the old normal back again.