Keto chicken soup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lemon juice is a thickener, but never used it in soups though. Could you try cream or yogurt, as cream of chicken soup............:hungry:

Reactions: hankjam

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cook an assortment of veg with the chicken, in chicken stock, then blend.

the more solid meat/veg there is, the thicker the blended soup will be. Absolutely no need for any ‘thickening’ ingredients to be used at all.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I made the soup,. I added extra chicken and once finished and after adding the cream I blended it. Dry nice and thick and very tasty. Could do with adding something else although not sure what that is. didn’t need any thickener at all.

Attachments

• 65233F09-2610-42F3-923F-128AF060D74F.jpeg
    65233F09-2610-42F3-923F-128AF060D74F.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 86

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find mushrooms work well with chicken.
Chopped up garlic with some butter/oil baked till it goes golden and then add the lot to the soup gives it a little va va voom.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My additions would probably be sage, onion, thyme, lemon, garlic, smoked paprika, smoked chipotle paste, white wine...
Obviously not all at once! ;)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made the soup,. I added extra chicken and once finished and after adding the cream I blended it. Dry nice and thick and very tasty. Could do with adding something else although not sure what that is. didn’t need any thickener at all.
I use Marigold powdered vegetable stock. Can be easily added at end of cooking to adjust flavour. Sometimes just a teaspoon is all that's needed, or a shake of Worcestershire Sauce

Reactions: hankjam