Type 1 with COVID.

• Thread starter Deleted member 371547
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 371547

Hi guys,

I’m 39 and in relatively good health, not over weight etc. I tested positive yesterday, think I’ve had it over a week now as I could smell burning.

Had a negative test Monday but was clammy and aching all week and felt bad heart burn (think that was stress as my pregnant partner tested positive).

I was incredibly worried when I got the result. Have many on here had it and was it ok? Any tips etc?

I’ve not had a cough, breathing seems fine etc. I just worry as they say on the net that you can seem fine and then get worse suddenly.

Thanks

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

I’m 39 and in relatively good health, not over weight etc. I tested positive yesterday, think I’ve had it over a week now as I could smell burning.

Had a negative test Monday but was clammy and aching all week and felt bad heart burn (think that was stress as my pregnant partner tested positive).

I was incredibly worried when I got the result. Have many on here had it and was it ok? Any tips etc?

I’ve not had a cough, breathing seems fine etc. I just worry as they say on the net that you can seem fine and then get worse suddenly.

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear you have this stress. I've strangely come down with a bit of a lurgy just after new year. But nothing unusual to call it out as C19.

"Sick day rules" are a go to in this unprecedented time. Should things progress.

I'll tag in @MeiChanski , I know she has been though COVID .
Others with the experince will be along soon.

Best wished to you & your partner.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm sorry you're unwell. Do you own a thermometer and an oximeter? It may be worth trying to get these from a pharmacy or online.
I'm on the Novavax Covid trial and if I have a positive test for Covid, I'm advised to phone 111 if my oxygen levels fall below 94 on the Oximeter or if my symptoms are worse. Also, to inform my GP of a positive test, so they can monitor my symptoms through phone calls.

Here's how to treat a temperature above 38 degrees Celcius:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fever-in-adults/

Here are the sick day rules for type 1's I learnt on my DAFNE course:
https://www.chelwest.nhs.uk/services/medicine/links/DAFNESickdayrules2018.pdf

I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: EllieM and Jaylee
D

Deleted member 371547

Thanks all,

Yes, I have been checking my temp all week and I’ve never had a temp. My oxygen levels seem fine. Range from 96 to 98.

I just have a burning sensation in my chest, I’m sure it’s just through worry. I have no cough and my sugars are fine.

My only worry is that it suddenly gets worse!?? I think I started showing some symptoms on the 30th but tested negative on Monday, now that is probably a false negative or viral load was too small.

Reactions: CFitzgerald

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all,

Yes, I have been checking my temp all week and I’ve never had a temp. My oxygen levels seem fine. Range from 96 to 98.

I just have a burning sensation in my chest, I’m sure it’s just through worry. I have no cough and my sugars are fine.

My only worry is that it suddenly gets worse!?? I think I started showing some symptoms on the 30th but tested negative on Monday, now that is probably a false negative or viral load was too small.

Hi,

Could be "heart burn" /indigestion due to stress? At a rough guess.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
If your symptoms suddenly get worse, don't hesitate to phone 111 or if it's an emergency 999.

D

Deleted member 371547

I called 111 due to the pain and stress and they sent an ambulance out. They tested me all over and said I was fine. Said the pain is probably down to stress and worry and to call the gp tomorrow.

I can’t find any information on the net about type 1 diabetics and how they reacted to COVID

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I called 111 due to the pain and stress and they sent an ambulance out. They tested me all over and said I was fine. Said the pain is probably down to stress and worry and to call the gp tomorrow.

I can’t find any information on the net about type 1 diabetics and how they reacted to COVID

There was a story early last year regarding a T1 in an Itallian skiing group who had it.. (Along with other party members.) His own account In a diary whilst isolating at home?
I'll see if I can find the news article for you..