What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RachelK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Gastroparesis
5.7 this morning.

I plan on having a pretty protein heavy dinner tonight so I can hopefully go for a long exercise session before it gets too hot (Aussie summer) which I have a feeling will keep it up/raise my FBS tomorrow morning (protein raises it just as much as carbs for me which is weird but makes sense I guess with gastroparesis factored in)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Swipey's last gasp was 5.4 - into biosecure bag pronto for that. Number is obs ok but factor in device and what is usual it is way off. Hr later waking, end of Swipey may explain partly but that is clutching at straws.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,

4.8 for me today.

@Pipp -- hugs for the variance (could it be the test strips?). In spite of this, overall these levels still sound pretty good, probably something non-diabetics might also see.
Yes, thanks, @ziggy_w , I have thought aboutit being the strips, so will open a new box.
It would help if I could get blood tests from GP, as it has been almost a year since the last, but as that is not happening any time soon here , I will just have to keep plodding on.
This morning fasting was 6.5.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. and visceral fat is down to 10 again.

I am so inclined to continue the fasting today as I hate when that 10 goes up but I guess I need to also see which food groups are more likely to show immediate increase. So far it looks like fried celeriac seems to give immediate boost while fried courgette does not. Am also going to try celeriac from air fryer to see if its oil or celeriac that does the damage. Either way the BG readings are still all in range so not a massive issue.