What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull, windy start to the day in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sausage cassoulet came in at 5.7 this am - must be because I called it a cassoulet instead of a casserole - foreign cookery terms are tres difficile after that there Brexit.
Some foot ball happened yesterday - some people happy - some sad. I can tell because there are people on the box saying “and yeh” every 10 seconds with a football scene in the background.
Art today - this time on a small piece of grass paper - it’s quite a bit more delicate than rice paper but has a nice texture - about 3 x 3 inches. Hope everyone has a pleasant day despite closure of butchers shops, thank goodness for the spirited help of volunteers. Time for koffy and then think about how I can avoid participating in what Mrs Miggins has in mind (evidence of furniture moving in one of the bedrooms).

View attachment 46805
Grass Paper, that sounds interesting I have not come across that before. A very detailed drawing on such a small and delicate area. I do like your Trees and the treatment of the bark.

Yes British dish names just don't have the same ring, Faggots and Pais, Toad in the hole, Spotted Richard (replace with male member) Fish and Chips, Shepherds Pie, Liver and Onions, Corned Beef Salad, I'm sure there are hundreds more.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lord in heaven - just got a new broadband router... have just made up for my failed run this morning with running up and downstairs to get the Sky Q boxes working, then the RING doorbell and chime and Blink cameras... and now all the devices... before cave-dweller gets home! He was moaning that his archaic Kindle doesn't work well through thick walls. Well... duh! Hopefully this should be a little better, but I am sure he will have a little gripe about having to reset everything!

Reminds me of when one morning at 1am he sent me a text telling me the 'internet had stopped' - luckily my phone goes onto DND at 10pm but what was he actually expecting? For me to get up at 1am and reset the router, which by the way is like five steps from his door!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news. 91 yo MIL will have first jab on Saturday - good job she still drives no public transport for that time and place. Julie or our boys could take her but that bends the rules out of shape somewhat. Her house move is nearing completion so organising follow up will be fun - Cambs to Suffolk not far but h/c systems worlds apart. Deal with that when the problem arises. Getting contracts for house sale witnessed is a bit of an issue for a 91 yo isolating.
My MIL in care home had her jab today so did all the care home staff. Nurse we spoke to today on video call with MIL said all the staff are saying they feel exhausted and ache like with flu since having the jab, MIL had the Oxford jab at care home staff the Pfizer jab at local hospital.

What we have to remember is that the vaccine does not stop you getting or spreading Covid yet so many people I speak to seem to think it will mean they can start doing all the things they did before Covid, how? Information given out by Gov and NHS makes that clear to me why not to many others?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lord in heaven - just got a new broadband router... have just made up for my failed run this morning with running up and downstairs to get the Sky Q boxes working, then the RING doorbell and chime and Blink cameras... and now all the devices... before cave-dweller gets home! He was moaning that his archaic Kindle doesn't work well through thick walls. Well... duh! Hopefully this should be a little better, but I am sure he will have a little gripe about having to reset everything!

Reminds me of when one morning at 1am he sent me a text telling me the 'internet had stopped' - luckily my phone goes onto DND at 10pm but what was he actually expecting? For me to get up at 1am and reset the router, which by the way is like five steps from his door!
I bet it's a faster router, your runs are suddenly going to get a lot quicker.:)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me psyllium is working brilliantly. Have never tried sennekot. Was trying to be very high fibre with flaxseeds, hemp seeds, nuts, inulin and lots of green veggies and water but it wasn't working. When I added a teaspoon of psyllium at each of my two meals a day transit issues were no more. I couldn't believe just how much transit improved.
I was prescribed a soluble one (actually came as quite a surprise when I went to pick up meds) and that has helped although frequency still seems to be every other day, but I can live with that

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went Muddy Cycle ride and low and behold the weather forecast was wrong it was a brilliant day, really enjoyed it although some ice still on the ground and sloppier with the melt water so a tad interesting, off once in a red mist moment on steep downhill, but no damage, when will I ever learn I'm not 20 anymore?

Still I have started the last of my cold frostyseries, used a technique I have not done before with Clingfilm, quite like the effect but not yet sure what to do with it so not finished and I Still have a card to paint for Mrs MCs birthday Tuesday.

A4 watercolour still lots to do and waiting around for it to dry.... its Rising Brooke astream on a route I take to Cannock Chase running through a heavy tree covered Valley.
IMG_4349.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs MCs birthday card Winter Leaves watercolour A5 5 minutes, yes I know I'm cheap skate should spend longer but it turned out better than I thought so stopping here....
IMG_4351.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went Muddy Cycle ride and low and behold the weather forecast was wrong it was a brilliant day, really enjoyed it although some ice still on the ground and sloppier with the melt water so a tad interesting, off once in a red mist moment on steep downhill, but no damage, when will I ever learn I'm not 20 anymore?

Still I have started the last of my cold frostyseries, used a technique I have not done before with Clingfilm, quite like the effect but not yet sure what to do with it so not finished and I Still have a card to paint for Mrs MCs birthday Tuesday.

A4 watercolour still lots to do and waiting around for it to dry.... its Rising Brooke astream on a route I take to Cannock Chase running through a heavy tree covered Valley.
View attachment 46814
Red mist is OK, better of course than the Masque of the red death - unless you are a dead ringer for Vincent Price. Cling film looks effective and look forward to the finished piece. Mrs MC - happy birthday for tomorrow and sure that she will love the card. Here is some hurdy gurdy rock and roll just to make sure.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

5.0 this morning, haven't had a reading that high for a long time :sorry:

I think I'm suffering from carb creep over christmas and the horrible soggy, cold weather that puts me off going out to exercise too often for my own good :( I find it so difficult to keep warm and I've got lazy especially with the lockdown.

We have many more cases in our area now than we had earlier in the pandemic. Mum hasn't had notification to go for a jab yet and she's 95 (96 next week ;)). I suppose vaccination rate here will pick up once the local medical bods have had their jabs.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - yay Popeye on mouse patrol! I like the way you have done his fur :angelic:

@dunelm - lovely detailed little sketch and I like the texture of the grass paper :)
Love the hurdy gurdy :joyful:

@ianpspurs - thanks for the link to the vitamin D article, nice to be able to show mr gee evidence I've been encouraging the right thing with the extra pills :D I've had everyone taking vitamin D for months :angelic:

@Muddy Cyclist - clingfilm can be interesting, depends on getting the timing right I find ;) and what a lovely birthday card, very pleasing :)
Glad you made it home from your bike ride ok :)

art bit - my version of a work by a watercolour artist called Nancy Knight, I find it interesting how some artists can use limited areas of the paper and still produce a strong image.

upload_2021-1-11_19-18-24.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

5.0 this morning, haven't had a reading that high for a long time :sorry:

I think I'm suffering from carb creep over christmas and the horrible soggy, cold weather that puts me off going out to exercise too often for my own good :( I find it so difficult to keep warm and I've got lazy especially with the lockdown.

We have many more cases in our area now than we had earlier in the pandemic. Mum hasn't had notification to go for a jab yet and she's 95 (96 next week ;)). I suppose vaccination rate here will pick up once the local medical bods have had their jabs.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - yay Popeye on mouse patrol! I like the way you have done his fur :angelic:

@dunelm - lovely detailed little sketch and I like the texture of the grass paper :)

@ianpspurs - thanks for the link to the vitamin D article, nice to be able to show mr gee evidence I've been encouraging the right thing with the extra pills :D I've had everyone taking vitamin D for months :angelic:

@Muddy Cyclist - clingfilm can be interesting, depends on getting the timing right I find ;) and what a lovely birthday card, very pleasing :)
Glad you made it home from your bike ride ok :)

art bit - my version of a work by a watercolour artist called Nancy Knight, I find it interesting how some artists can use limited areas of the paper and still produce a strong image.

View attachment 46816
All the best for your mum and hope that she gets the call very soon. Thank you for your kind comments. Your art today is exceptionally good , for me, one of your best pieces. I like the absolute simplicity of it and the carefully constructed pallet - wonderful

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Red mist is OK, better of course than the Masque of the red death - unless you are a dead ringer for Vincent Price. Cling film looks effective and look forward to the finished piece. Mrs MC - happy birthday for tomorrow and sure that she will love the card. Here is some hurdy gurdy rock and roll just to make sure.
Thank you.

I need one of those what a fantastic machine, brilliant. Will add it to my growing I would really like Christmas Present List. :)

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
, I find it interesting how some artists can use limited areas of the paper and still produce a strong image.
And you have, brilliant really like this piece, are you going to try more?

Thank you for compliments on my watercolours for today. No ideas yet what to do with that clingfilm effect still trying to puzzle it out.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bet it's a faster router, your runs are suddenly going to get a lot quicker.:)
heh! The faff in getting everything talking to the new router! Really sobering when you realise how much is connected to it.
even before cave-dweller got home, I had connected up:
Main Sky Q Box & 2 Mini Q Boxes
2 iPhones
1 iPad
2 laptops
1 PC
Ring doorbell and Chime
Module for the Blink cameras.

lindisfel

Expert
For me psyllium is working brilliantly. Have never tried sennekot. Was trying to be very high fibre with flaxseeds, hemp seeds, nuts, inulin and lots of green veggies and water but it wasn't working. When I added a teaspoon of psyllium at each of my two meals a day transit issues were no more. I couldn't believe just how much transit improved.
What form does it come in Krystyna, please?
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
heh! The faff in getting everything talking to the new router! Really sobering when you realise how much is connected to it.
even before cave-dweller got home, I had connected up:
Main Sky Q Box & 2 Mini Q Boxes
2 iPhones
1 iPad
2 laptops
1 PC
Ring doorbell and Chime
Module for the Blink cameras.
A walk in the park for someone with your background. :)

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 46816

I hope your mum gets the vaccine soon.

Thank you @geefull for the compliment! I shall tell Popeye!

I love the way you are experimenting with this! And you are keeping your distinctive style.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mrs MCs birthday card Winter Leaves watercolour A5 5 minutes, yes I know I'm cheap skate should spend longer but it turned out better than I thought so stopping here....
View attachment 46815

That effect worked out brilliantly @Muddy Cyclist
Looks good.
Stopping sooner sometimes works very well :)

I wish sometime, like digital art that you can save and duplicate several copies, you can do that to a real life painting, and then you can try several further ideas with the same painting!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
His lordship woke me as usual at 3 am on the dot. What is it with cats and their internal clocks, more accurate than a precision timepiece.

Fbg 7.6
Going down. Still not eating properly. Still see those eggs in my mind disappearing into that cardboard tray. Still turns my stomach. I am surprised it is going down. Yesterday I ate a little cereal, chia seeds, ground almonds, dried blueberries and unpasteurised milk for breakfast. Lunch was 5 Lavabread oatcakes with butter and cheese and a packet of pork scratchings. Don't know what the carbs were, but definitely more than 20 carbs.

This morning, his lordship and I checked the kitchen. He examined every inch of the floor and under things. His verdict, no mice for 24 hours. I checked my photographic evidence from over 24 hours ago. Nothing has been disturbed. All chocolate, onions, and also my instant potato trail which shows if they walk further in my kitchen was completely undisturbed.

We both concur, no mice for 24 hours at least. Tune in tomorrow to see an update. My digital drawing today shows Popeye checking for mice...

I need to catch up on some sleep before that eye hospital appointment, and me having to creep under the wire at the borderlands of Wales and England...
E7D094F2-9B5F-4B53-BB28-7AD701EC6D3E.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967