What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. and visceral fat is down to 10 again.

I am so inclined to continue the fasting today as I hate when that 10 goes up but I guess I need to also see which food groups are more likely to show immediate increase. So far it looks like fried celeriac seems to give immediate boost while fried courgette does not. Am also going to try celeriac from air fryer to see if its oil or celeriac that does the damage. Either way the BG readings are still all in range so not a massive issue.
Well done on reducing visceral fat.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Still got a kaput computer including back up and recovery partition. Recovery disk on order from manufacturers since end of December still has not arrived. Just dipping in and out until I get something that gives me a screen I can read without squinting. Bloods 6.1 yet again, think the needles stuck, been 6.1 for days/weeks apart from an alcohol induced 5.8 the other day. At least they are consistent just wish they would fall to reasonable levels during the day. I have seen a 4.7 once since Christmas so that gives me hope think I am probably eating too much but I am so hungry at present. Well, will keep slogging on. Keep well folks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Late on parade but was up early with a 6.1. @DJC3 thats a good score all things considered, I would give you an honoury 5 for that!

Haha I’ll take that, thank you. I think you should have an honorary 5 too!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
ah very late in posting today... it was 6.0 this morning and it was a fasting day so it should have been coming down steadily but the average for the day appears to be around 5.9 so far... Can't comment on the accuracy though as I changed sensor yesterday so xdrip does take some time to get the calibration right. All readings are in green though so that's a positive.