OptimisticT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
extreme heat...
Hello!

today I finally got a miaomiao 2 to tag onto my libre ! While it’s amazing, I’m having a little trouble with the tomato app where it tends to not “refresh” for certain periods of time! (It says it’s connected to miaomiao, but the miaomiao isn’t connected to the sensor)..

also, the Apple Watch complication updates every 15 mins instead of every 5 mins. It’s hard to find a strong support community online for “tomato” related incidents (Xdrip is covered plenty hehe).

just wanted to know if anyone else faced/faces the same trouble and if they’ve managed to find out why it occurs!!

Attachments

• CBE5FF40-D21F-4978-B6C5-A56E3A85336B.png
    CBE5FF40-D21F-4978-B6C5-A56E3A85336B.png
    389.3 KB · Views: 201

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I gave up with Tomato pretty quickly.
I use xDrip and find it much more stable and better supported. I am assuming, as you have an Apple Watch, you have an iPhone. XDrip is not as feature rich on the iPhone as on an Android phone but I have friends who still find it better than Tomato.

Reactions: OptimisticT1D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!

today I finally got a miaomiao 2 to tag onto my libre ! While it’s amazing, I’m having a little trouble with the tomato app where it tends to not “refresh” for certain periods of time! (It says it’s connected to miaomiao, but the miaomiao isn’t connected to the sensor)..

also, the Apple Watch complication updates every 15 mins instead of every 5 mins. It’s hard to find a strong support community online for “tomato” related incidents (Xdrip is covered plenty hehe).

just wanted to know if anyone else faced/faces the same trouble and if they’ve managed to find out why it occurs!!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I must admit I've never used Tomato. & I use Xdrip on Android..

However, I also have an iPad which I have noticed can disrupt the connection with the MM.
So, working on the premise my iPad is nothing more than a big apple phone with no cellular capabilities.
Have you tried going into settings, Bluetooth & forgetting all Bluetooth devices it may have come into contact with in the past?
Then re tethering the MM.

If you're saying that the MM2 does not scan the Libre even though there appears to be no connection issue with the app on your device? How are you fixing the MMover your sensor? (Sounds like a silly question.)
The NFC arial in the MM2 sits in the spoon over the sensor.. (Don't ask how I know this. It involved a dog chewing the casing on one.) if you are using the armband that came with the kit to hold it in place? It may heve possibly slipped..
Had that issue too. Till I found something else 3D printed that held it over the sensor.. I'm not a fan of adhesive tape.

I hope this helps till an iPhone user happens along.

Reactions: OptimisticT1D

OptimisticT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
extreme heat...
I gave up with Tomato pretty quickly.
I use xDrip and find it much more stable and better supported. I am assuming, as you have an Apple Watch, you have an iPhone. XDrip is not as feature rich on the iPhone as on an Android phone but I have friends who still find it better than Tomato.

yes, i have an iphone! tomato actually improved last night and managed to stay connected! i'm excited to use Xdrip as well, but that's a task for the weekend :)

Reactions: In Response

OptimisticT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
extreme heat...
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I must admit I've never used Tomato. & I use Xdrip on Android..

However, I also have an iPad which I have noticed can disrupt the connection with the MM.
So, working on the premise my iPad is nothing more than a big apple phone with no cellular capabilities.
Have you tried going into settings, Bluetooth & forgetting all Bluetooth devices it may have come into contact with in the past?
Then re tethering the MM.

If you're saying that the MM2 does not scan the Libre even though there appears to be no connection issue with the app on your device? How are you fixing the MMover your sensor? (Sounds like a silly question.)
The NFC arial in the MM2 sits in the spoon over the sensor.. (Don't ask how I know this. It involved a dog chewing the casing on one.) if you are using the armband that came with the kit to hold it in place? It may heve possibly slipped..
Had that issue too. Till I found something else 3D printed that held it over the sensor.. I'm not a fan of adhesive tape.

I hope this helps till an iPhone user happens along.

Thanks for the welcome!!!

i tried practically everything i could think of, and after i posted the query yesterday, it seemed to have improved :)

i'm currently using the stickers, and the MM2 is stuck to the sensor quite well, if i may say so. so i guess it was just teething problems..

dogs are the best. always helping you learn new stuff :D

what was the 3d printed attachment? is it something you made or is it something that can be bought commercially?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the welcome!!!

i tried practically everything i could think of, and after i posted the query yesterday, it seemed to have improved :)

i'm currently using the stickers, and the MM2 is stuck to the sensor quite well, if i may say so. so i guess it was just teething problems..

dogs are the best. always helping you learn new stuff :D

what was the 3d printed attachment? is it something you made or is it something that can be bought commercially?

This thing .. There are a few online, (eBay job.) some clip directly to the sensor, but wasn't keen incase it got caught & it wrenched the sensor with it? They come in different colours. I went for grey. Can be pretty invisible under stage lighting? (Video don't seem to pick it up.)
Remove it when bathing. Or to put it on charge..
I wear my sensor inner arm.
Actually more comfortable than it looks.

image.jpeg

OptimisticT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
extreme heat...
This thing .. There are a few online, (eBay job.) some clip directly to the sensor, but wasn't keen incase it got caught & it wrenched the sensor with it? They come in different colours. I went for grey. Can be pretty invisible under stage lighting? (Video don't seem to pick it up.)
Remove it when bathing. Or to put it on charge..
I wear my sensor inner arm.
Actually more comfortable than it looks.

View attachment 46714
Thank you, Jaylee! Apologies for the delayed response :)

i think i'll try inner arm as well. less chances of bumping into doors and getting stuck in clothes!

do you find it's equally accurate inner arm vs back of the arm as suggested by abbot?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, Jaylee! Apologies for the delayed response :)

i think i'll try inner arm as well. less chances of bumping into doors and getting stuck in clothes!

do you find it's equally accurate inner arm vs back of the arm as suggested by abbot?

Hi,

If you are a "Hugger?" you may need to watch it don't get caught. ;)

I've had no issue inner arm. i don't seem to get those "compression lows" others speak of.. It can go a little scatty if on a sawing arm for the duration i cut wood with a hand saw?