What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@shelley262 I can’t believe you still have peanut butter eggs and chocolate left from Easter. Even putting things in the freezer doesn’t work for me!

Two meals today, supplemented by a few teaspoons of cream!

Lunch was a Spanish charcuterie selection from Morrison’s - chorizo, salami, Serrano ham and cheese.
Dinner was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9:00 small portion of berry bake with added extra thick double cream
Zoom exercise class
1:00 2 slices smoked pork, 4 cherry tomatoes, 30g stilton and the reheated last nights baked celeriac, very yummy. 2 teaspoons extra thick with tablespoon milled linseed and 6 blueberries. Thickened so quickly it was like proper dessert.
6:30 frittata of chorizo, courgettes with green salad. 2 sqs 70%
A brandy

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 i just took my last bag of Montezumas’s peanut butter eggs out of the freezer - now defrosting them and will see how long they last! However still quite a few 100% bars left!

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you still have a couple left by this Easter! Such self control.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Felt hungry today and so was a ‘more food than usual’ day.
Breakfast one slice each of bacon, hm lc toast, and fried egg
Lunch half slice of hm lc toast with vintage cheddar and some nuts followed by montezumas 100% with orange oil - several squares and the last of that bar.
Pre dinner 15gs of pure cheese crisps (monarchs) flavoured with cumin with yoghurt and mint dip
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF pecan and butterscotch cake with extra thick cream.
@DJC3 i just took my last bag of Montezumas’s peanut butter eggs out of the freezer - now defrosting them and will see how long they last! However still quite a few 100% bars left!
You have just reminded me I have a bag of the 100% dark buttons in the cupboard still to use up - I hope they are still in date - I have not tried them before and don't fancy them too much that is why they are still left!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices corned beef (to be used up). Mug of earl grey with double cream. 2 Squares Lindtt 90%

Dinner - Salmon & mussels with a large side salad, stuffed peppers, dollop of coleslaw. 2 teaspoons of peanut butter with double cream.

I was good up to this point... and a little while ago, felt really hungry so had a smoked sausage (not bad carb wise but a lot of rubbish and high in saturated fat) but it did taste good and has filled me up and a glass of pepsi max also

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee all morning.
2 fried eggs with black pepper and a sprinkle of grated cheese for lunch - before heading out for first proper open water swim at a local beach. It was freezing but so exhilarating.
Home for dinner which was slow roast shoulder of lamb.
Had a couple of glasses of Shiraz. I’ve allowed myself 2 hours off dry Jan per week during Johnny Walker’s Sounds of the 70s ( 3-5pm Radio2) it’s my favourite radio program and deserves a good red to accompany it.
Winner for the freezing cold swim - bravo! It takes me all of my time to go out for a walk in this horrible weather - although I still do it. Glad you made the executive decision to allow yourself 2 hours off - you are a hard task master especially after that swim - I would have have given myself so much more time off - well done you!

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You have just reminded me I have a bag of the 100% dark buttons in the cupboard still to use up - I hope they are still in date - I have not tried them before and don't fancy them too much that is why they are still left!
They are lovely melted and mixed with thick cream or melt and mix with nut butter, bit of cream and powdered erythritol to make truffles.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They are lovely melted and mixed with thick cream or melt and mix with nut butter, bit of cream and powdered erythritol to make truffles.
Yes, that's what I will do with them - great idea - because the 100% is not shouting to me - you will make a baker out of me yet!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, that's what I will do with them - great idea - because the 100% is not shouting to me - you will make a baker out of me yet!
Just found @Goonergal s lazy almond and chocolate dessert recipe it’s 2.3 g of carbs
40mls extra thick cream
12g of almond butter
2 100% choc buttons
Stick cream into ramekin, stir in almond butter break up choc buttons and mix in. That’s it.
Maybe a starting point!

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found @Goonergal s lazy almond and chocolate dessert recipe it’s 2.3 g of carbs
40mls extra thick cream
12g of almond butter
2 100% choc buttons
Stick cream into ramekin, stir in almond butter break up choc buttons and mix in. That’s it.
Maybe a starting point!
Yay sounds good to me - has my name written all over it - lazy! sounds like a plan but not tonight I am stuffed after that em ... smoked sausage

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for the freezing cold swim - bravo! It takes me all of my time to go out for a walk in this horrible weather - although I still do it. Glad you made the executive decision to allow yourself 2 hours off - you are a hard task master especially after that swim - I would have have given myself so much more time off - well done you!

The swim was amazing, I thought I’d hate it but I loved it. Didn’t stay in very long as the water and air temperature was so low, but will definitely do it again.
Thanks for agreeing with the 2 hrs off. I could probably sink a lot more in those 2 hrs but trying to retain a little decorum!

PiersAaron

I am in the midst of a multi-day fast. I am uncertain as to how long the duration of the fast will be. Thus, my eating is pretty boring. Namely, seven or eight cups of decaf coffee with a splash of almond milk. I will check back in when the fast is over (which could be a couple more days or a week - we will see how I feel).

Reactions: DJC3

Sugarlisa

Yogurt and blackberries with green tea (breakfast)
First walk outsided since got released from hospital after Covid pneumonia and diagnosed type 2 reading was 5.5 before lunch
Lunch was beef salad with a sugar free squash
Tea crispy beef and stir fry veg and sugar free flavoured water
Think my kids will be eating all the sweet potatoes brownie they made this morning with ice cream lol x

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not been very good carb wise for days now and today started off very poor with a large carb laden brunch followed by sweets and chocolate . Tested BG 13.8 gave myself a mental kick up the backside and took myself off for a walk ( did 5 miles and brought my BG down to 5.9 ) in 2 hrs .
Evening meal is going to be homemade beef stew / soup/ casserole depending on what you call it ...with one small doughboy comes in at 27 carbs .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@mojo37 that’s a great result from your walk.
Today I had black coffee then a LoDough wrap with tuna, cheese and Mayo. Some Montezuma’s absolute black chocolate.
Dinner was meatballs and sauce I found in the freezer. I think they were the DD Swedish meatball recipe.
Feeling a bit cheesed off as almost 2 weeks of almost zero carb hasn’t had much of an impact on my BG. Last night at bedtime 7.0. Just now before dinner 7.0 don’t know what else to do tbh. Not likely to fall off the lc wagon - goodness knows what the numbers would be like then.
Think I’ll go back to DD meal planners which have often helped in the past.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9:00 small ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Active morning doing some dancing
12:30 too many bites of cheese while waiting for 2 chicken drumsticks to cook
Hour and half hilly walk trying to avoid serious mud
18:00 tried some caulifower and fish cakes from an American cookbook. Not very successful, too wet. Swede chips and crispy kale with half a raw tomato. 2 lc ginger cookies with a bit of double cream and 6 blueberries
Seem to be having a hungry week

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 think I brought home all the mud you avoided on my walk this afternoon! My trousers and boots were covered in it.
Got panicky call from 90 year old mum this am to say hospital had booked her in for her next eye operation bit of a shock as she has not had her vaccination yet! Had to make lots of calls and wait in virtual queues to sort but good result she is now having her vaccination in the morning first thing as a priority and then if they are still operating she’ll have her op in about three weeks when some immunity in place. I thought I may have to rush up next week to do care but wasn’t happy with them operating ahead of her vaccination. Seems all a bit of a lottery but relieved it’s now booked and hoping she’ll get her operation next month.
Breakfast bacon, egg and half slice of hm lc toast
Lunch half slice hm lc toast with vintage cheddar
Dinner pork ribs and salads with glass of dry white wine followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with extra thick cream
Just had decaff coffee with one montezumas peanut butter egg.