What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
7.7 mmo/lt at 0630 hrs.
Met Office promises some sunshine this p.m. so a proper sea front walk beckons. Saw a seal close inshore last week. They are becoming quite common. Often seen lying out on the mud at low tide, after catching lots of fish one presumes. Sometimes they surface in the boat's wake, looking for treats?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
His lordship woke me as usual at 3 am on the dot. What is it with cats and their internal clocks, more accurate than a precision timepiece.

Fbg 7.6
Going down. Still not eating properly. Still see those eggs in my mind disappearing into that cardboard tray. Still turns my stomach. I am surprised it is going down. Yesterday I ate a little cereal, chia seeds, ground almonds, dried blueberries and unpasteurised milk for breakfast. Lunch was 5 Lavabread oatcakes with butter and cheese and a packet of pork scratchings. Don't know what the carbs were, but definitely more than 20 carbs.

This morning, his lordship and I checked the kitchen. He examined every inch of the floor and under things. His verdict, no mice for 24 hours. I checked my photographic evidence from over 24 hours ago. Nothing has been disturbed. All chocolate, onions, and also my instant potato trail which shows if they walk further in my kitchen was completely undisturbed.

We both concur, no mice for 24 hours at least. Tune in tomorrow to see an update. My digital drawing today shows Popeye checking for mice...

I need to catch up on some sleep before that eye hospital appointment, and me having to creep under the wire at the borderlands of Wales and England...View attachment 46823
Another winning Popeye portrait.

Seems like you may be winning the Battle of the Mice for now what a great General you are.

Hope the boarder running and hospital appointment goes well.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Today is Mrs MCs birthday and the weather is looking fine. Under normal circumstances we would be off visiting some place, NT property or Winter Gardens and have a meal out, this year a Walk and Picnic is our only option.

First though I have an opticians appointment. Was not sure it was a good idea but it is due and since my Health Centre have not examined me with my Diabetes since June 2019 and not likely to this year with the way Covid is running I though getting my eyes checked is expedient, I keep questioning should, shouldn't I, even with all the Covid precautions they proclaim to have in place.

Keep safe, fill your day, time ticks on.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert

Today is Mrs MCs birthday and the weather is looking fine. Under normal circumstances we would be off visiting some place, NT property or Winter Gardens and have a meal out, this year a Walk and Picnic is our only option.

First though I have an opticians appointment. Was not sure it was a good idea but it is due and since my Health Centre have not examined me with my Diabetes since June 2019 and not likely to this year with the way Covid is running I though getting my eyes checked is expedient, I keep questioning should, shouldn't I, even with all the Covid precautions they proclaim to have in place.

Hi Muddy
It would be extremely risky in Cumbria with the incidence of Covid.
IMHO If your incidence is worse 500 cases per day in100, 000 it is really risky.
Derek

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
His lordship woke me as usual at 3 am on the dot. What is it with cats and their internal clocks, more accurate than a precision timepiece.

Fbg 7.6
Going down. Still not eating properly. Still see those eggs in my mind disappearing into that cardboard tray. Still turns my stomach. I am surprised it is going down. Yesterday I ate a little cereal, chia seeds, ground almonds, dried blueberries and unpasteurised milk for breakfast. Lunch was 5 Lavabread oatcakes with butter and cheese and a packet of pork scratchings. Don't know what the carbs were, but definitely more than 20 carbs.

This morning, his lordship and I checked the kitchen. He examined every inch of the floor and under things. His verdict, no mice for 24 hours. I checked my photographic evidence from over 24 hours ago. Nothing has been disturbed. All chocolate, onions, and also my instant potato trail which shows if they walk further in my kitchen was completely undisturbed.

We both concur, no mice for 24 hours at least. Tune in tomorrow to see an update. My digital drawing today shows Popeye checking for mice...

I need to catch up on some sleep before that eye hospital appointment, and me having to creep under the wire at the borderlands of Wales and England...View attachment 46823
Lava bread - nice bit of comfort food. Mouse wars seem to be going well but stay vigilant. Another splendid drawing of Popeye on surveillance. All the best for the hospital appointment.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy Birthday to Mrs MC and I am sure that you will both have a splendid day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “who finished off the chicken” came in at 5.2 this am

Art this morning on a sparkly piece of yellow rice paper about 9x4 inches. Hope everyone has a spiffingly good pre-bin day. Slurping koffy and then a couple of laps round the park

upload_2021-1-12_9-0-23.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling to regain the pre Christmas routine.

A young wet behind the ears 5.7 this morning on that meter of misbehaving and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers so far and near I have managed 30 mins plinky plonky time and been for slow walk, next thing is insulin, breakfast and pills, by then Mrs J will be in full task issuing mode.

Happy birfday to Mrs MC, and @Muddy Cyclist have a great day pandering to your wife.
In fact have a great day all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Happy birthday Mrs MC and I hope the optician appointment goes securely @Muddy Cyclist. @gennepher good news on the mice front and I hope your eye appointment is as hassle free and safe as can be just now.

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Fbg 7.6

Good news that the chocolate worked on the mice. Hope your eye appointment goes well.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Probably is a good idea as your health centre isn't likely to check your eyes this year.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Off to farm shop shortly to get milk and eggs. Not 100% sure if this is allowed but as the farm shop is always empty it feels a lot safer than going to one of the big supermarkets to get antibiotic free milk for my kefir.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strange and frustrating morning...
Firstly Swipey Report: Low through the night (as seemingly per...) 4.6 ➡️
Then did the same C25K failed session this time on the spin bike - and I think I will just keep repeating this week until I manage it twice in the treadmill and spin bike with no foul-ups to build up that resistance to running for 3-3.5mins
Then blew a gasket trying to get the printer to re-find the new router and then get both the laptop and PC to find it. That will have undone ANY of the good my blood pressure tablets will have done.

Still the stress of trying to get all that to work shot Swipey into the 10s ... so it obviously works when it wants to. Just decides to have the night off.

Scrambled eggs with a dollop of cream cheese and then need to right a preview because there is a Brit that just keeps winning! Been a while since we have had a consistent one of those!

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

5.0 this morning, haven't had a reading that high for a long time :sorry:

I think I'm suffering from carb creep over christmas and the horrible soggy, cold weather that puts me off going out to exercise too often for my own good :( I find it so difficult to keep warm and I've got lazy especially with the lockdown.

We have many more cases in our area now than we had earlier in the pandemic. Mum hasn't had notification to go for a jab yet and she's 95 (96 next week ;)). I suppose vaccination rate here will pick up once the local medical bods have had their jabs.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - yay Popeye on mouse patrol! I like the way you have done his fur :angelic:

@dunelm - lovely detailed little sketch and I like the texture of the grass paper :)
Love the hurdy gurdy :joyful:

@ianpspurs - thanks for the link to the vitamin D article, nice to be able to show mr gee evidence I've been encouraging the right thing with the extra pills :D I've had everyone taking vitamin D for months :angelic:

@Muddy Cyclist - clingfilm can be interesting, depends on getting the timing right I find ;) and what a lovely birthday card, very pleasing :)
Glad you made it home from your bike ride ok :)

art bit - my version of a work by a watercolour artist called Nancy Knight, I find it interesting how some artists can use limited areas of the paper and still produce a strong image.

View attachment 46816
I can so identity with the carb creep .

Reactions: alf_Josiah

lindisfel

Expert
Hi dunelm,
You have really got me flummoxed with that bird!
D.

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “who finished off the chicken” came in at 5.2 this am

Art this morning on a sparkly piece of yellow rice paper about 9x4 inches. Hope everyone has a spiffingly good pre-bin day. Slurping koffy and then a couple of laps round the park

View attachment 46824

lindisfel

Expert
These people who callously talk about low hanging fruit are really sad individuals.

2020 by far had the highest death rate since the second world war due to Covid causing a massive spike in excess deaths.
D.