HOW DO I DO THAT ?

mda1125

How do I add a link to a post that is clickable? Is this something that becomes available after a certain # of posts for a new user or is this disabled globally for outside sites for spam reasons?

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Links are not clickable until you make (I think) 5 posts. Seems a bit of a strange question for your first post mda1125.

mda1125

To you yes.. to me no. I've run a forum before and somebody "new" who understands links, sources, and asks such comes across as a potential spammer.

I recently posted a low carb brownie recipe. Full recipe but a link back to the source (my blog) so that the original source would get some credit.

I see it from both sides (both as a owner of forums and a contributor).

I'm trying to find the line on this forum where I can give credit where credit is due but without being overly promotional or using the forum solely for self service purposes.

It's much better IMHO to get this out of the way up front than trying to tip toe around subjects. In the end, I'm always going to be subject to the rules of this forum and community.

Which I can and will ultimately respect.

Grazer

Helenababe said:
Hi,

I've sent someone a PM but it's in the Outbox? Does this mean it hasn't been sent?

Thanks,
Helena

No, I believe it just means the receiver hasn't read it.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Helena,
You have Add Friends and Add Foe on your profile like the rest of us. This is for other members to put you on their lists. You can see the list of who you have put as Friend or Foe on the first page of the User Control Panel. To add a Friend or a Foe to your list you go to Add Friends and Add Foe on their profile. Other people cannot put themselves on your list. The names are private and not listed on your profile for all to see.

Unbeliever

Regarding the "friends and foes " thing I have always wondered , not just on this forum bit on others, why would anyone want to do that?

Is it intended that the user rate others by whether or not they hold similar views? If you found you really couldn't get on wih another poster ,surely you would be aware of that without needing to list them?

Seems a very antisocial concept to me. Is that how we should be thiking of other posters? Dividing them into friends and foes and labellling them?
I don't get it.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
With your friends, they are listed on the screen where you write PMs so you can add the names easily in the address box. Incoming messages are marked as coming from a friend. For foes, I think it blocks out their posts and PMs so you don't have to read them. At least, as far as I know, as I don't have any foes, only friends. :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
A message stays in your outbox until it has been read by the recipient, when it moves to your sent box. So these messages have not been read yet but have been sent by you.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Just click upon the selected emoticon or 'smilie' as they are designated in this forum.... :thumbup:

I have just joined the forum and I would like to know how to post a query??? I have replied to one. But haven't a clue how to do the above! Help :roll: