Trulicity

Debz2451

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have the injections in my fridge. Just waiting for me to start it....I'm concerned about the nausea....is it really that bad? My blood sugars are way too high. I'm 57 and approx. 4 stone overweight...

AlfonsoJones

What dose? 1.5mg?

The drug works by slowing down food absorption, reducing hunger levels etc. If you get the nausea then 1/2 the food portions you normally have and it should go. You should go into it whilst trying to cut down what you eat... It’s not cheap.. It costs the nhs £73/month for a months’ prescription.

candymint109

I have the injections in my fridge. Just waiting for me to start it....I'm concerned about the nausea....is it really that bad? My blood sugars are way too high. I'm 57 and approx. 4 stone overweight...

Hi I’ve been injecting Trulicity for a couple of months the only side effects I’ve had were an occasional stomach ache and a muscle ache at the back of my neck. These side effects only lasted a few weeks.

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have just started Trulicity, I’m on my 3rd week. My blood levels are fantastic, but the side effects of indigestion dose not seem to be getting any better. Has any one any information as to how long the side effects goes on. Thankyou

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry, I had to come off trulicity because the side effects were so bad. Blood sugars were great! I lost weight, but that might have been due to constant nausea, and absolutely awful, dreadful itching and tiny rash of little spots under the skin all over! It was hell, and I wanted to die. My diabetic consultant said that i was the only patient he knew (and he's prescribed quite a lot of trulicity) who had had this reaction to it. It took me six weeks after the last injection to get back to normal.

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Sorry, I had to come off trulicity because the side effects were so bad. Blood sugars were great! I lost weight, but that might have been due to constant nausea, and absolutely awful, dreadful itching and tiny rash of little spots under the skin all over! It was hell, and I wanted to die. My diabetic consultant said that i was the only patient he knew (and he's prescribed quite a lot of trulicity) who had had this reaction to it. It took me six weeks after the last injection to get back to normal.

Hi, I have been on it for 6 weeks now, and just beginning to cope.with it. I had indigestion, nausea, a couple of sessions of the runs. a much reduced appetite, which is good because I needed to louse body fat.. my blood sugars are brilliant.
I have just had my hair cut so everything is go go go......

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi, I have been on it for 6 weeks now, and just beginning to cope.with it. I had indigestion, nausea, a couple of sessions of the runs. a much reduced appetite, which is good because I needed to louse body fat.. my blood sugars are brilliant.

Janemm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
So sorry it didn’t suit you. Take care.