Any ideas?

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone got any ideas why are my blood glucose readings are in the mid teens and low 20s when my diet and activity hasn’t changed?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone got any ideas why are my blood glucose readings are in the mid teens and low 20s when my diet and activity hasn’t changed?
You're not giving us much to go on... What diet are you currently following, what do you eat in a day? What medication are you on and.... Is there anything else going on? An infection, stress, or dare I ask, covid? Some people here have mentioned very high, uncontrollable blood sugars after having had covid, (even if the covid itself was no more than a case of the sniffles, no ICU or anything involved) and it takes quite a while for them to come down again, weeks, maybe even months. If covid's the case, you might need to up your meds for a little while or make your diet lower carb if at all possible, or both. Talking to your doc'd be a good idea, assuming it's not a matter of out-of-date teststrips or something.

Reactions: Standgale

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Yes, more info needed.

What were your levels before they changed?
What's your carb load?
Have you had covid?

How long have you been T2 and is it possible that you are a misdiagnosed T1/LADA (happens way too often)?

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m T2 been diabetic for 4years I I’m allergic to Metformin so only on glucoside 80mg twice a day stress loads of but that’s nothing new Diet is the same as it’s always been drink loads of water that’s the only drink (no tea/coffee/alcohol)
Bloods
IMG_4114.jpg

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carrot lettuce sweet corn one slice of gluten-free pizza (home made)

Normally dinner is chicken grilled or oven with veg Friday is fish n chips (home made again) I’ve have cut bread & potatoes out as much as possible