What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning.

Thing is though the average since last night is at 5.5 but from around past 1.5 hour reading on xdrip is hovering between 6.7 and 7.0 which is strange because I decided to continue my fasting until tomorrow so at this moment I am about 40 hours into fasting.

My water intake is a bit low for this part of the day (700 ml so far) which may explain a slightly elevated number but I also started taking inulin (not insulin) which is supposed to help in getting rid of visceral fat and I had my tea with some inulin syrup added. Now, I wonder if it is causing the slightly higher numbers. I will need to wait and see how this pans out. Again nothing in amber or red zone, all readings are in good range within 4 and 7 so just need to observe what is going on here and perhaps take a walk.

Stay safe everyone and have a great rest of the day. :)

Last edited:

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
4.7 on waking @ 5 am - excited to see this was almost flatline from 6 pm previously. So hi protein/high fat lunch earlier in day worked? But I always need to bolus/correct for dawn phenomena once up and drinking coffee.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. 6.2 today. Though I have had a cough. So not much exercise. Thankfully had covid negative test.

Phew! For the Covid negative, but plenty of other bugs can lay you low at this time of year. Take care.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
6.1 this morning

I need to get myself back into LC routine again been overindulging in more carbs and sweets especially at night time its combination of Christmas left over sweets/chocolate and my nemesis ^bread^ and other triggers that also get me going as well...

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
8.8 and 7.8 on repeat, today. I did have fish and chips but it doesn’t normally hit so hard. Either the reduced metformin has had an impact or I am getting ill :arghh:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That must have been a good workout, I hope the roads are gritted in your region though
Not so match fit for clearing snow.... so yes, worked up a good sweat.
Gritters..... not so much

Reactions: DJC3