potassium

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
Hi all just had my 6 monthly checks and my bloods have come back with high potassium. all other readings ok and hb1ac 5.7. Have had a repeat test and still high. Have now got to go for more blood tests..Anyone else had this or anyone got any ideas as to what can be causing this.

Starting to get a bit concerned :(

Many Thanks

Andy

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Is that kind of test normally done? From my hb1ac results I've only been told of cholesterol and 3 month bs readings.

WhitbyJet

Curleous I am type 2 so probably not much help to you. However 5years ago I was admitted to hospital with high potassium levels Joe a host of other symptoms such Jr swollen legs permanent cough nausea and vomiting .
My high potassium levels were caused by blood pressure medication and kidneys starting to fail. I map diagnosed with stage 3 CKD.
At the time I was advised to follow a low potassium diet and get those bg levels under control. I was in a bad way I must say.
Fast forward today my bg levels are near as perfect kidney function has improved I don't have to follow a low potassium diet any more. Thank goodness because I love my avocado and chocolate (low carb I hasten to add).
Reading on the internet about high potassium levels gives you the creeps alight I hardly dare sleep in case I die during the night I had palpitations.
Your potassium levels may not be all that high or you would have been admitted to hospital.
Try to relax and go easy on high potassium foods and make sure you drink plenty of water to help flush some out. I was prescribed diuretics for a while to help lower potassium levels.
All the best to you