What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is my last in the Frosty Watercolour paintings.. Rising Brooke through a thick wooded area.
A4 watercolour about 90 minutes....
IMG_4357.JPG

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

shopping day today so that took up most of the day by the time we'd done the rounds, come home, wiped and repacked everything, eaten soup and delivered mum's share of the goodies ;)

We did manage a walk round the village though :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - well done you for conquering your anxiety and I'm so glad the appointment turned out so successfully :) Your art is a happy marriage of practical and creative :)

@dunelm - thank you for the information about the paper :) I like your loose and snowy art, the spatter is very effective :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like a good day and I'm glad the eye exam went off well on the whole :) mr gee had to have cataracts on both eyes removed a few years ago when they eventually advanced enough to impinge on the centre of his eyes.

Lovely frosty painting, I enjoy the way you have infused light through the woody canopy and into the water especially :joyful:

art bit -
I missed scanning this one in the previous batch, it was painted a few weeks ago after I saw the Whooper swans in the fields above the village. Drew the swan outlines and used resist then detailed the swans after the resist was removed. I used an internet photo to get the details of the beak colouring ;)

upload_2021-1-13_20-42-58.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 today

shopping day today so that took up most of the day by the time we'd done the rounds, come home, wiped and repacked everything, eaten soup and delivered mum's share of the goodies ;)

@gennepher - well done you for conquering your anxiety and I'm so glad the appointment turned out so successfully :) Your art is a happy marriage of practical and creative :)

@dunelm - thank you for the information about the paper :) I like your loose and snowy art, the spatter is very effective :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like a good day and I'm glad the eye exam went off well on the whole :) mr gee had to have cataracts on both eyes removed a few years ago when they eventually advanced enough to impinge on the centre of his eyes.

Lovely frosty painting, I enjoy the way you have infused light through the woody canopy and into the water especially :joyful:

art bit -
I missed scanning this one in the previous batch, it was painted a few weeks ago after I saw the Whooper swans in the fields above the village. Drew the swan outlines and used resist then detailed the swans after the resist was removed. I used an internet photo to get the details of the beak colouring ;)

View attachment 46862
A busy day for you. I dread the day of my Cataract removal, I know like Mr Gee many have the operation but I'm not the bravest of souls when it comes to anything to do with eyes.

I like you Swans and the one in action. As usual your distant hills are also very good.

Thank you for your comments on my Frost painting.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

art bit -

View attachment 46862

Thank you very much @geefull

You had a successful food hunting expedition...
:)

I love these swans. Beautiful detail in this painting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 9.1

I went to sleep early, as I usually do, but woke up at 11:30 for the bathroom. So, I felt like a cuppa tea, and came back to bed. I started painting this on my iPad (very useful for painting in bed :) ) just while I was drinking my tea. I did finish it as I finished the tea, but then carried on painting in it as I was enjoying doing it. Then cat crawled from under the bedcovers, and sat on iPad and he said "Enough, go back to sleep..." so I did.

Here is my midnight offering in Procreate. Half in yesterday, half in today (in the bewitching hour...).

BE189DE2-C022-4A6F-B3DA-615A65671797.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
FBG 7.2 mmo/lt at 0545 hrs.
Ref. 5 day school lunch box drama. Bozo told the House Liaison Committee that the suppliers "have been hauled over the coals". But the Master of Mendacity seems unaware that the suggested contents of said box were (still are?) specified on the Department for Education website, closely matching boxes delivered. Politics is a dirty business.
Only six more days of the Orange Stable Genius. Let's hope we can get through these days of peril without more chaos.

lindisfel

Expert

4.6 today

art bit -

View attachment 46862
Whoopers Swans typical active behaviour geefull. Wild Swans are far less tranquil than our native Mutes as herds of mixed families meet up.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
Another week almost over with a promising chink of light that indicates the peak may be flattening, but unfortunately the peak in hospitals has not been reached.

Stay safe everybody and be careful out there. May the day bring the very best for you and yours.

Weather rather odd atm with wide gradient of temperatures across country. It seems to be our turn to be on the milder side of the seesaws fulcrum.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
IMG-20210113-WA0000.jpg

I thought you motor cycle guys would like to see a restored BSA Gold star, it belongs to a friend at Lincoln who is not quite as old as I am.
He is not very big so I wonder how he manages it. He was the racing frames guy's (my cousin) mechanic, when my cousin raced.
I wouldnt take it out on a wet day but cleaning a bike like that would be a loving ritual.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today.

Very wet here and some snow forecast so a day indoors.

Keep safe.
I agree. Very sensible. I have just spent ages persuading Mr K that it is not a good idea for us to do our morning dog walk in absolutely torrential rain - even with all our wet weather gear. He has reluctantly agreed.

5.4 this morning.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of dreary start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a thick chicken soup came in at 5.4 this am

The golden golum is being turned into a peach but republicans want to know the process - he goes into a can and syrup is poured onto him. Meantime I have been told that our GP surgery will join in with the jabbing on 20th with the over 80’s getting the Pfizer and the rest of us the astrazeneca. Interestingly, surgeries have no means of "ordering/calling off" deliveries of the vaccines and are entirely dependent on being informed by short time emails when vaccines are being delivered. This gives the Practice not a lot of time to get the organisation of the clinics complete on each occasion and of course not much warning to patients.

@Muddy Cyclist - fabulously frosty watercolour. I have enjoyed seeing all of them, maybe more when winter bites? @geefull - whooping whoopers action shot and as always, sitting in a great backdrop. @gennepher - spooky night scene with a crooked creaky fence line.

I was looking up through the trees in the park into a clear blue sky so did a quick sketch when I got home - about 8 x 8 inches on sized rice paper. Hope everyone had a good day -no snow forecast for us at present so water in it’s present form then. Koffy time.

upload_2021-1-14_8-18-51.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 9.1

I went to sleep early, as I usually do, but woke up at 11:30 for the bathroom. So, I felt like a cuppa tea, and came back to bed. I started painting this on my iPad (very useful for painting in bed :) ) just while I was drinking my tea. I did finish it as I finished the tea, but then carried on painting in it as I was enjoying doing it. Then cat crawled from under the bedcovers, and sat on iPad and he said "Enough, go back to sleep..." so I did.

Here is my midnight offering in Procreate. Half in yesterday, half in today (in the bewitching hour...).

View attachment 46870
A night scene of mystery, I like those almost metallic flecks you have managed to add giving the scene a touch of magic and the pearl like surface to the foreground objects.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings all. I'm here just to say hello and give a few compliments and mentions. Swipey stays in the box for now - my woe won't change and I have plenty of data on what that does for the moment. I adored the swans @geefull. @gennepher I never really praised your wise words encouraging us all, however worried, to attend clinics for our comorbidities. @Krystyna23040 very wise to avoid the wet this morning, neither the dog(s?) nor you two would benefit from that much/mush. @dunelm interesting info about jabs, chimes in with other reports and my instincts about how many things are handled just now. @True Blue it is indeed a rough old trade as William Keegan? frequently said I believe. .Winners and losers always seem to be the same, sadly.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 46872

I thought you motor cycle guys would like to see a restored BSA Gold star, it belongs to a friend at Lincoln who is not quite as old as I am.
He is not very big so I wonder how he manages it. He was the racing frames guy's (my cousin) mechanic, when my cousin raced.
I wouldnt take it out on a wet day but cleaning a bike like that would be a loving ritual.
D.
My first bike was a BSA - not a Gold Star - a Bantum. They are not very big really compared to modern bikes and quite lite. Tyres were dreadful. It was in our vehicle garage when I was stationed in Barnard Castle (before specsavers arrived) and was used to play motorcyle display teams - no-one knew where it had come from so I bought it by dropping £5 into the koffy fund. A friend and myself stripped it down and cleaned it up - no battery so just run with it, jump on and let the clutch out - or smack your ankle on the kick start - happy days.