What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of dreary start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a thick chicken soup came in at 5.4 this am

The golden golum is being turned into a peach but republicans want to know the process - he goes into a can and syrup is poured onto him. Meantime I have been told that our GP surgery will join in with the jabbing on 20th with the over 80’s getting the Pfizer and the rest of us the astrazeneca. Interestingly, surgeries have no means of "ordering/calling off" deliveries of the vaccines and are entirely dependent on being informed by short time emails when vaccines are being delivered. This gives the Practice not a lot of time to get the organisation of the clinics complete on each occasion and of course not much warning to patients.

@Muddy Cyclist - fabulously frosty watercolour. I have enjoyed seeing all of them, maybe more when winter bites? @geefull - whooping whoopers action shot and as always, sitting in a great backdrop. @gennepher - spooky night scene with a crooked creaky fence line.

I was looking up through the trees in the park into a clear blue sky so did a quick sketch when I got home - about 8 x 8 inches on sized rice paper. Hope everyone had a good day -no snow forecast for us at present so water in it’s present form then. Koffy time.

View attachment 46873
Thank you, I may try some more before Frosty painting before Spring arrives.

Winter tree branches and shapes are wonderful to look at and you have done them justice in your sketch. Did you add the colour from the back and let it bleed through or on the front surfac?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I may try some more before Frosty painting before Spring arrives.

Winter tree branches and shapes are wonderful to look at and you have done them justice in your sketch. Did you add the colour from the back and let it bleed through or on the front surfac?
hi @Muddy Cyclist - thank you and yes, colour added to back. I place the paper onto a piece of felt so that when the quite wet colour is applied, the paper does not split. I think that I did 4 washes with this one.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree. Very sensible. I have just spent ages persuading Mr K that it is not a good idea for us to do our morning dog walk in absolutely torrential rain - even with all our wet weather gear. He has reluctantly agreed.

5.4 this morning.

I wasn't sensible...I had my new release of postage stamps from my new post office today. I set off in the car. OMG I don't even normally drive in these conditions, not even pre-Covid times. It is all good practice and experience I tell myself...as I negotiate country roads with nil visibility...

I am back, frozen stiff. Back in bed with cat, but had a lovely half hour experience with this new postmaster (mask wearing, shields, and plastic screens). All protective gear!!!

He showed me all the new stamps, explained postage abroad has gone up again, and which definitive stamps I needed to make up amounts for the special edition stamps. Checked the postage for different countries. He gave me some freebies. I am made up.

I am eating the lovely food from the food part of the shop. Only tiny, but has everything.

Poor Mr K :(

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of dreary start in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a thick chicken soup came in at 5.4 this am

The golden golum is being turned into a peach but republicans want to know the process - he goes into a can and syrup is poured onto him. Meantime I have been told that our GP surgery will join in with the jabbing on 20th with the over 80’s getting the Pfizer and the rest of us the astrazeneca. Interestingly, surgeries have no means of "ordering/calling off" deliveries of the vaccines and are entirely dependent on being informed by short time emails when vaccines are being delivered. This gives the Practice not a lot of time to get the organisation of the clinics complete on each occasion and of course not much warning to patients.

@Muddy Cyclist - fabulously frosty watercolour. I have enjoyed seeing all of them, maybe more when winter bites? @geefull - whooping whoopers action shot and as always, sitting in a great backdrop. @gennepher - spooky night scene with a crooked creaky fence line.

I was looking up through the trees in the park into a clear blue sky so did a quick sketch when I got home - about 8 x 8 inches on sized rice paper. Hope everyone had a good day -no snow forecast for us at present so water in it’s present form then. Koffy time.

View attachment 46873

Thanks @dunelm

A great tree sketch with that cold icy wintry blue sky.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings all. I'm here just to say hello and give a few compliments and mentions. Swipey stays in the box for now - my woe won't change and I have plenty of data on what that does for the moment. I adored the swans @geefull. @gennepher I never really praised your wise words encouraging us all, however worried, to attend clinics for our comorbidities. @Krystyna23040 very wise to avoid the wet this morning, neither the dog(s?) nor you two would benefit from that much/mush. @dunelm interesting info about jabs, chimes in with other reports and my instincts about how many things are handled just now. @True Blue it is indeed a rough old trade as William Keegan? frequently said I believe. .Winners and losers always seem to be the same, sadly.

Thank you for the compliment @ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't sensible...I had my new release of postage stamps from my new post office today. I set off in the car. OMG I don't even normally drive in these conditions, not even pre-Covid times. It is all good practice and experience I tell myself...as I negotiate country roads with nil visibility...

I am back, frozen stiff. Back in bed with cat, but had a lovely half hour experience with this new postmaster (mask wearing, shields, and plastic screens). All protective gear!!!

He showed me all the new stamps, explained postage abroad has gone up again, and which definitive stamps I needed to make up amounts for the special edition stamps. Checked the postage for different countries. He gave me some freebies. I am made up.

I am eating the lovely food from the food part of the shop. Only tiny, but has everything.

Poor Mr K :(
It was definitely worth it. Your new post office is proving to be a real find.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone here eaten glucomannan pasta? Julie ordered all sots of things from Bulk Powders including these . I can't get a handle on a reasonable portion size and wondered if anyone could give me a clue. I realise all our appetites are different so if it helps I am almost always hungry and fill up with several 750 mls mugs of tea and 1 of coffee per day. I don't need to lose weight (IMHO) if that helps. I have read that the taste isn't great so they need a gutsy sauce.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone here eaten glucomannan pasta? Julie ordered all sots of things from Bulk Powders including these . I can't get a handle on a reasonable portion size and wondered if anyone could give me a clue. I realise all our appetites are different so if it helps I am almost always hungry and fill up with several 750 mls mugs of tea and 1 of coffee per day. I don't need to lose weight (IMHO) if that helps. I have read that the taste isn't great so they need a gutsy sauce.
Looks like they are very similar to zero noodles - made of konjac. I get the zero noodles and rice from the supermarket - net weight 250grams after rinsing the watery stuff off and sold as two servings. They do need a gutsy sauce.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like they are very similar to zero noodles - made of konjac. I get the zero noodles and rice from the supermarket - net weight 250grams after rinsing the watery stuff off and sold as two servings. They do need a gutsy sauce.
Thank you @dunelm. That suggests my idea of 100 gms uncooked seems about right. Bulky parcel of lockdown store cupboard/freezer goodies arrived: 5 ltrs of EVO, 1 kg sliced emmental, 1 kg cooking chorizo and 1 kg dijon mustard. Prompt delivery, well packaged and IMHO keenly priced. May or may not be helpful to folks wary of going to supermarkets or finding deliveries/c and c hard to arrange.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
My first bike was a BSA - not a Gold Star - a Bantum. They are not very big really compared to modern bikes and quite lite. Tyres were dreadful. It was in our vehicle garage when I was stationed in Barnard Castle (before specsavers arrived) and was used to play motorcyle display teams - no-one knew where it had come from so I bought it by dropping £5 into the koffy fund. A friend and myself stripped it down and cleaned it up - no battery so just run with it, jump on and let the clutch out - or smack your ankle on the kick start - happy days.
Wasn't the gear change the other way round on a Bantum? Up was down and down was up? D.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've tried those Konjac pasta " things " and I must say they are the most disgusting "things " that I have ever eaten ...like chewing elastic bands :yuck:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well another FBG in the 7's 7.6 Tuesday ... 7.7 yesterday and 7.5 today ...a small but improvement :)

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasn't the gear change the other way round on a Bantum? Up was down and down was up? D.
Don’t think so but I think that BSA for some strange reason put a racing (reverse) gearbox (down for up) on the Goldstar. Might be that for some riders they would emulate that and make that change themselves.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just read in the news of a man who threw away a laptop with bitcoin on it in 2013 and wants to Search the local tip for it, so I looked up bitcoin value, wish I hadn't. :(

I was offered 250 bitcoin about 10 years ago in payment for a website I designed. I though bitcoin would be a passing fad so said no and took proper money for the job. BIG MISTAKE they would now be worth 7million quid. :banghead:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who had an interest in British motorbikes. I can't remember whether up was down, I just did it.

A 5.6 this morning.

Confined to barracks till later today, then it's walkies time for me and me's.
Have a great rest of the day fellow posters, painters and gamers.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi dunelm,
The technique which required jumping on a bike needed some careful positioning because when one landed on the saddle it could make ones eyes water. :)

My younger cousin Denis Curtis from Lincoln who started CMR racing frames, died a fortnight ago in Canada.
When my eldest got the obituary from a younger female cousin in the uk Helen had a double take because we look so must alike, even though our genes come through male and female lines.
D.

Last edited: